Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Honor of 1 Year on the Android Platform - Pocket Legends Exp Changes Are Permanent

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I'm sorry but I have to disagree on this. First, this is totally disregarding the "old" players who spent real-life time grinding and more plat spending just to hit both soft and hard caps. I don't care if the motive of this update is to attract newcomers but in whatever business decision, you should never compromise existing consumers for new ones who aren't even sure if they will stick around. It's basic business, easier to maintain customers, harder to acquire new ones. This move just put a big FU to all old players who are proven dedicated by doing the hard grind. I don't know why some oldies are agreeable to this, I'm not even an oldie but I just don't think it's fair for them. This is probably the first time I've heard of a permanent xp downgrade, and maybe a good reason why. Second, PL is grinding based MMO (think Guildwars if you want an MMO that's not based on grinding) what else does it have to offer aside from trying to be higher level? Quest? Not really? PVP? meeehh, at some point, the PVP in PL doesn't offer anything as dynamic as say, WOW, for people to keep PVPing for a long time except for a few, even old time MMO's have better PPV mechanic as PL such as Ragnarok Online...even old timers are now whining that PVP now is more "tamed" therefore less "exciting" than before...so these newcomers will be oldies quickly and eventually realize the same flaws of PVP quite quickly similar to what current oldies are feeling...this move is actually accelerating the inevitable death of an MMO where everyone is just high-tiered, if everyone is high-tired, nobody is special, everything is basically linear now...the PVP mechanic in PL is too raw to carry the entire game (That's what this is probably about trying to put people in PVP rooms more), it's fairly straightforward, it doesn't even have guild war systems yet which is almost always present in any MMO's...you're talking about three classes with few diversities...at this rate, people will actually look the same real quick which is not good if you're trying to call this game an RPG, people want to be different in level, in items, in everything...Third, what is the use of elixirs now? even without elixirs, the game will be easy as far as grinding...it's obvious that if you level up, you get stronger and gain access to better items..so the entire game will be too easy now since you get to level up fast and with the onset of scaled farming you expect prices to drop fairly quick as well unless it's craftable items but who needs crafted items in PVE? unless you're pvping? again, PVP can't carry the entire game in PL IMO. Eventually, people will just settle for uncrafted ones and just become bored. I think PL team is rushing the development of this MMO because of all the awards and everything but by rushing it, that includes its downfall. You guys want to get rid of PL and promote SL or DL? maybe yes, maybe not, but that is how i read it. Lastly, one of the things I enjoyed in grinding is making friends. Those countless hours of me and this guy grinding made us friends, but now that's unlikely to happen since you'll most likely be changing partymates here and there since grinding is easy no need to really take parties real serious now, expect less camaradery and more animosity. I can go on and on, but my point is, I disagree, that's my opinion and I'm no kiss butt I'll say it as how I think it is. Don't hate. Thanks.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 12-02-2011 at 01:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post: