Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
Frankly, many people have no idea what the skill buttons actually do. They use them and, if it seems to cut into the opponent's hp, they use it again. If it doesn't seem to affect the opponent, like healing, they stop using it. I don't even see many combos in SL. It's like people don't actually want to learn how to be good players. They just want their drops and their xp.
you bring up a good point with the combo. there aren't that many really, but capping my op alt, i became very familiar with the psychic lash/trans combo. trans can be used any of the 6 seconds that psychic lash stays effective for, and more than one engi can combo it by using trans. it does great damage, and i'm not sure if i never see this combo (newt, my engi is my main) because ops don't spec it. i know what the skill looks like when it is cast, and i rarely see it used by ops in general. a guildie i was running with on sniper was on top of the combo, used trans whenever i used psychic lash and it wasn't on cool down. suppression combos with com force hammer too, but its rare to see engis use this skill since half the people yell at engis when they do. thanks for the input!