To me, this suggestion is too radical. I have not seen a realistic compromise yet. The only way this suggestion would ever be considered is if we found a fair compromise.

Pros -
PvP'ers can spend more time in PvP
Market prices would drop (bad for extreme players, good for casual)
Players who already run with elixirs on a regular basis would benefit from a wholesale purchase

Cons -
Purchase "God Mode"
x4 100% of the time = devs need to produce new content x4 faster 100% of the time. (Players got bored without x4 before major updates came out)
Sets the standard that you must spend money to have any sort of advantage in game
After you get end level and farm all your gear, then what? x4 elixirs = Finishing the game x4 faster. (Guess it profits STS if player gets bored and quits, 100 bucks down the drain).
Levels would have to be beefed up or else elixir people would dominate stupidly easy. Which then leaves non-elixir players at a major disadvantage and could cause drama (booted from game for not spending 100$ on essentially cheat codes)

I could go on for awhile with cons, but I think that is enough. If anyone has any other pros they would like tho throw in, be my guest, I couldn't think of anymore and I thought long and hard about it.