Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP - The Game Changing Idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ddarko18 View Post
    Really no mmo has a looting system? wow you don't even realize how carebear WoW really is. If you want to play a real MMO play UO, although you may not like it because your corpse can and will be looted and it doesn't have cartoon graphics. As far as looting items bought with real money, I would think those would have to be unlootable. And with the banks, do we even know how they work? Maybe you have to go back to towne to bank items, so you will still need to escape the mmo dungeon in order to do that. This dungeon won't be for everybody, thats why i believe demarrer said it would be optional, for the carebear WoW players, you can always stick with dark forest.
    but what other games loot players items?
    Iphone 16GB 3GS
    Character: Itcho, Warrior (Level 30) on Alterra Server
    Character: Itcha, Enchantress (Level 12) on Alterra Server
    Proud Member of the LEGENDS Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by darrensmith016 View Post
    but what other games loot players items?
    Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Asheron's Call... Just to name a few

Many people would argue Ultima Online and Asheron's Call to be the greatest MMO's to date. Way ahead of their time, endless possibilities, and the best PvP systems ever.
    Last edited by Demarrer; 04-22-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    I think it's the most stupid idea to reward from pvp.
    And the one who said WoW is a carebear game, I can't stop laughing, I'm sure it's coming from a mouth of a pro PvP player haha.

Anyway, I support the idea of an arena, I like that from wow.

This one made me laugh as well, there is not even one single game that supports PvP in a professional way where you lose items or money when you die.
    Are you serious? Not one... The first REAL mmo, which still takes the most skill is Ultima Online. Go try that out, die a lot, then go back to WoW were you are safe from the mean bullies online.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    Are you serious? Not one... The first REAL mmo, which still takes the most skill is Ultima Online. Go try that out, die a lot, then go back to WoW were you are safe from the mean bullies online.
    PvP is about skill, yeah lets all play UO rofl...
    Look, is Commodore 64 still the best computer?
    No it's definitely not, time goes on. Wow's PvP system if by far the most advanced and best PvP system amongst all MMORPGs.

I've played a couple of MMORPGs with that looting system, at max levels and gameplay, and so have I done in WoW.
    Wow is far more superior, and it comes down to skill, and still you get rewarded from PvP, in a fair way.

Anyway, everyone who has ever done professional PvP, or even played a single arena match at high ratings will know that I'm talking about.
    And these people who actually know something about PvP will laugh their asses off at this
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thats like saying pong, the first real computer game, needs the most skill to pvp.
    Go try that out, lose to someone, and go back to whatever closed mind your brain came from.

And why the !#%^ would we want to go back to a game where bullying is possible? Does this make sense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Thats like saying pong, the first real computer game, needs the most skill to pvp.
    Go try that out, lose to someone, and go back to whatever closed mind your brain came from.

And why the !#%^ would we want to go back to a game where bullying is possible? Does this make sense?
    Exactly, these people just never played any real quality mmo, and as with everyone who hasn't played wow or any equivalent game, will be a "wow hater" of some sort.
    Admittedly, I was one too before I started playing these games myself, and soon I figured they weren't that bad after all.
    People here just seem to have a limited experience in very few mmos, and think their way is the only way.
    And I like your pong example, it's just what I tried to say with my post above!

Man your one of the few here in the forums with brains.

Edit: I'm not trying to say wow or some other game is perfect, I'm definitely not, every game has it's ups and downs.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-22-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PvP is about skill, yeah lets all play UO rofl...
    Look, is Commodore 64 still the best computer?
    No it's definitely not, time goes on. Wow's PvP system if by far the most advanced and best PvP system amongst all MMORPGs.

I've played a couple of MMORPGs with that looting system, at max levels and gameplay, and so have I done in WoW.
    Wow is far more superior, and it comes down to skill, and still you get rewarded from PvP, in a fair way.

Anyway, everyone who has ever done professional PvP, or even played a single arena match at high ratings will know that I'm talking about.
    And these people who actually know something about PvP will laugh their asses off at this
    So your telling me getting to the max level is more difficult and skillful than choosing 6-7 skills out of a list of more than 50 and making them all work cohesively? Not all WoW players are obnoxious fanboys, but you sir are the reason most games despise carebears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ultima Online, Shadowbane, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Asheron's Call... Just to name a few

Many people would argue Ultima Online and Asheron's Call to be the greatest MMO's to date. Way ahead of their time, endless possibilities, and the best PvP systems ever.
    anyone who has played any of these games is laughing their asses off that you think WoW is a pvp game, as far as the pong comparison, that is just dumb, people are still playing UO today after 13 years who plays pong anymore? and complaining about the bullying is exactly what makes WoW so carebear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

anyone who has played any of these games is laughing their asses off that you think WoW is a pvp game, as far as the pong comparison, that is just dumb, people are still playing UO today after 13 years who plays pong anymore? and complaining about the bullying is exactly what makes WoW so carebear
    You don't seem to know the definition for carebear.
    PvP is not about losing or getting items it's about whos outplays whom..
    Bigger fish eats smaller fish, not bigger fish takes stuff from smaller fish.

Your post is also paradox, first you say who plays pong, then you say UO is old and still people should play it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive played wow, its boring as hell, sorry i dont want to collect mushrooms and other lame *** quests, then grind out levels just so i can get to the "real game," sick of these 13 year old kids thinking WoW is the best MMO ever just cuz they are to carebear to try out any other ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

look at this carebear 09er, trying to tell me pvp is not about winning and losing, if its not about winning and losing then whats it about?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive played wow, its boring as hell, sorry i dont want to collect mushrooms and other lame *** quests, then grind out levels just so i can get to the "real game," sick of these 13 year old kids thinking WoW is the best MMO ever just cuz they are to carebear to try out any other ones
    Hehe what ever you think man, but maybe you shouldn't be judging a game if you never actually played the game.
    I'm also not judging <insert game here> if I only played it for a couple of weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe what ever you think man, but maybe you shouldn't be judging a game if you never actually played the game.
    I'm also not judging <insert game here> if I only played it for a couple of weeks.
    once again, sorry i dont want to play a game for 6 months grinding out levels, doing boring side quests, just to get to the real game at level 70 or 80 or whatever it is now, thats not fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

once again, sorry i dont want to play a game for 6 months grinding out levels, doing boring side quests, just to get to the real game at level 70 or 80 or whatever it is now, thats not fun
    For someone it's fun for someone it's not, anyway, I don't see how this has to do with the argument here.
    And maybe you should check the urban dictionary for the definition for care bears. Just a tip.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Great ideas in this thread, please keep it up and please keep the tone civil.

We've not even designed PvP yet. I assure you it will be something that you can get into at all levels though.

I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas about realm-based PvP, arenas, leader boards, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Great ideas in this thread, please keep it up and please keep the tone civil.

We've not even designed PvP yet. I assure you it will be something that you can get into at all levels though.

I'd love to hear your opinions and ideas about realm-based PvP, arenas, leader boards, etc.
    Thank you sir. I have a question. Would 5-5's be possible?

I don't really think leaderboards are necessary because they seem to just be ego boosters. As I said in my first post, it would be cool if you had to beat other people to get some awesome items. PvP really can't be bad, but if you fight for items rather than titles it is better imo.
    Last edited by Demarrer; 04-22-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

justg, i really like demarrers idea of a looting system, it would add so much depth to the pvp, i do realize pvp isnt even implented yet but i seriously hope you guys can consider it, even if its just in an optional dungeon or even server

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

5x5 is definitely possible, even probable. We're reading this (and all) threads for design ideas, so keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    5x5 is definitely possible, even probable. We're reading this (and all) threads for design ideas, so keep it up!
    That's awesome, Thanks. I do think the biggest problem in this game is the lack of penalty when you die. When it comes to PvP you should fear dying to a degree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's awesome, Thanks. I do think the biggest problem in this game is the lack of penalty when you die. When it comes to PvP you should fear dying to a degree.
    and you should get a reward for winning