Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DL Question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    If it will be 18+, why did sam say iOS will be 17+? Unless Spacetime has changed the TOS, I agree with sam's message.
    Even though we have actual quotes from released ToS agreements, and yours is a supposed quote from a pm? Believe what you want. STS, Sam included, is bound by their ToS as much as we are.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

If it will be 18+, why did sam say iOS will be 17+? Unless Spacetime has changed the TOS, I agree with sam's message.
    Bro thats apple app store age for downloading games. Now the age to to actually play the game is up to STS. So it says 18+ to play, so you have to he 18+ to play DL.

Apples tuaw: http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#GIFTS
    Google play tos: http://play.google.com/about/terms.html
    Last edited by *Zero*; 04-07-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord:611864
    Maybe the app store doesnt do an 18+ rating, but regaurdless what Apple rates it, it will be a bannable offense to play if ur under 18, unless they change the ToS again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default DL Question.

I dont know if I am supposed to reveal this, but I will. Sam also said in the private message he sent me that it is up to you if you are underage and you want to play. For example, me and woundedeagle are the same age, and wound is going to play Dark Legends when it comes out.
    I get zombie and vampire games brought for me, so I should have no issue with Dark Legends.
    Of course, he added check with your parents. I should be fine to play if I really want to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I dont know if I am supposed to reveal this, but I will. Sam also said in the private message he sent me that it is up to you if you are underage and you want to play. For example, me and woundedeagle are the same age, and wound is going to play Dark Legends when it comes out.
    I get zombie and vampire games brought for me, so I should have no issue with Dark Legends.
    Of course, he added check with your parents. I should be fine to play if I really want to.
    Heard this already. How can you prove you have parent permission? Other than going to spacetime there is no sure way to prove you have spoken to your parents, even in emails because it's easy to make a fake email and play pretend.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I don't know yet but the game hasn't been released yet so I cannot be sure at this point. I might speak to Sam at launch about the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I don't know yet but the game hasn't been released yet so I cannot be sure at this point. I might speak to Sam at launch about the issue.
    Then why are you spewing info as if it were 100% true?

Seriously people need to stop, be quiet and wait for actual info that is from the devs with proof.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord:612130
    No the ToS is the End-User Liscensing Agreement
    End User means the one playing it, not your parents buying it for you. Your parents can buy you a game that is rated 18+.
    But in this case, as it says in the log in screen 'By pressing play you agree to the dark legends terms of service', which as we know say that you are 18+, to press play otherwise would be lying/breaking the ToS

The ToS also warns that a violation could result in a ban, therefore if you play and are under 18, it means you are fully aware that you are playing at your own risk and could be banned at any time
    Last edited by Elyseon; 04-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon:612165
    Seriously people need to stop, be quiet and wait for actual info that is from the devs with proof.
    Agreed. People freaking out over this game, trying to find all sorts of information and making false claims for whatever reason (attention; being the information guru/hero), have already ruined the hype I had for DL. :/

Seriously, what do you guys do all day?
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Agreed. People freaking out over this game, trying to find all sorts of information and making false claims for whatever reason (attention; being the information guru/hero), have already ruined the hype I had for DL. :/

Seriously, what do you guys do all day?
    Totally Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Totally Agree.
    +1

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Yes ppl are freaking out just a lil to much and if you have a question just head over to the faq thats why i made it so threads like this would not start. All the info is on there and its all info from this site and most is straight from a devs mouth.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Sam told me on chat one day that each market will set it's own age limit for the game.

/My 2 cents
    -Shao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I asked DL in facebook and this is what they said "Each market where you will be able to download the game (Google Play, Apple App Store, Chrome Webstore) all have their own rating system, but the game will be rated Mature. If you're under 18, you would want to talk to your parents about it."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
    I asked DL in facebook and this is what they said "Each market where you will be able to download the game (Google Play, Apple App Store, Chrome Webstore) all have their own rating system, but the game will be rated Mature. If you're under 18, you would want to talk to your parents about it."
    That's exactly what I was speaking about. Sorry I keep talking about it, but I am really looking forward to it! I cant help it if I am looking forward to it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

arrrgh forum freak out over the wording of something... 18+ or 17+, counts towards the same general rating: M for mature (intense violence, drugs, and/or much nudity)
    probably should set it to the gaming world's rating system of letters to keep us guessing even more...

...and as I said pretty much at the top of the thread, it doesn't matter what rating they put it to.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    arrrgh forum freak out over the wording of something... 18+ or 17+, counts towards the same general rating: M for mature (intense violence, drugs, and/or much nudity)
    probably should set it to the gaming world's rating system of letters to keep us guessing even more...

...and as I said pretty much at the top of the thread, it doesn't matter what rating they put it to.
    Yep i even posted links too both app stores TOS, but nbody reads they just post what they want without even knowing whats going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Take a look at this:

These are the Apple App Store ratings. You decide yourself what you think DL would be rated, and wait till it is released.
    Last edited by Taipan; 04-08-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    Take a look at this:

These are the Apple App Store ratings. You decide yourself what you think it is, and wait till it is released.
    Going by that, the fact that it accesses the internet because it's a mmo game automatically makes it 17+, regardless of any actual mature content. Still, wouldn't that make any app that has in-app ads be 17+ due to the fact of internet access needed for them?

All in all, its a moot point, as the STS DL ToS itself states 18+. So, unless they change that, anyone younger would be in violation and subject to removal, just as the under 13 crowd are in PL and SL.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Going by that, the fact that it accesses the internet because it's a mmo game automatically makes it 17+, regardless of any actual mature content. Still, wouldn't that make any app that has in-app ads be 17+ due to the fact of internet access needed for them?

All in all, its a moot point, as the STS DL ToS itself states 18+. So, unless they change that, anyone younger would be in violation and subject to removal, just as the under 13 crowd are in PL and SL.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    I give up
    Last edited by Taipan; 04-09-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Didn't know caps were on