Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Your thoughts on the helm contest! Important!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    There are three problems with that suggestion.

1) People will most likely remember who made what helms.

2) They can just go back to the submission forum and see who made what design.

3) Someone in the game can just say "Vote for (name here) for the helm contest on forums, he is number (number here)"
    Go party D! And the point of that plan isn't to make it impossible to link the design to the owner. The point of hiding the name and results is to encourage personal decision rather than going with the popular item. So even if everyone spams, "Vote #6!" you can't tell whether anybody besides you is listening to them or not. So you'll most likely chose one that you like.

And the MAIN part of the plan was to separate the design from the actual item. That's so we get a cool design, and then choose which useful item we cant to apply it to.

Just some idea the Devs *could* use to make it less strictly biased and more strictly awesome.

--

Edit: The hiding names and results won't do us lots of good now, but rather, it's some advice for next time. The latter part of creating two seperate new polls could still be implimented now though.
    Last edited by Nightarcher; 08-27-2010 at 01:19 AM.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A & B my votes are from friends this would come easy didn't have to spam in foresthaven for mine. Quote:=Fail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm in B camp with some sort of voting requirements,
    I have no idea why they changed the judging rules at the end it has lead to fail, guess will just have to wait for the devs to come out of their foxholes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A or B. Anything but C.
    The one who will most likely win will be due to art quality and popularity, not due to design or any kind of fairness. The devs should take this ugly poll down. We stuck to our end of the deal, we submitted about art according to the fine print rules. The devs wrote in The announcement that they would pick the top three. They didnt hold up their end of the deal. I'm sorry but this is how i feel.
    Last edited by Hotndots; 08-27-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in the A Party
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

This whole contest is BS. Never participating in anything art related elsewhere.
    Im tired of the cheerleaders these guys have in towne. Oh yea super fair, smfh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first thought was to let the devs deside but Im not sure.

Probably A, B wouldnt do much difference to C
    Last edited by Fabz; 08-27-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fabz View Post
    I acually dislike this popularity contest. Havent told anyone to shout out "vote fabz" or anything like that in towne, its all their choices. But I do understand why u dont want www.machinima.com to win. I want a real PL player to get the shield, dont have to be me, shouldnt be an organization.

Residentevil, you say somthings wrong about the competition. Yesterday in towne u were shouting "Vote Machinima".. What was that about lol?

I vote for party A, let the devs decide Or make 2 winners or something.
    Party B will only get the same winners as C since theyre 2-3 that stands out.
    I know it wasnt you i was in the towne when all that was happening. If anything i hope u get the first prize. And wth machinima isnt a player at all ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Machinima should be disqualified because his an organization not a single person and he said himself he can't take credit for his design... That is my opinion tho. Also it would have been nice of him to provide a backstory with his helm...

I'm not saying vote for fabz but vote for a real player... Or let the developers decide...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should be a staffer who chooses the winner. Not a player.
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Couple things:
    1) Requiring people to have x number of posts to vote is just going to spam up the forums. For reference see Fight Club, Jedi.
    2) I do really wish they would hide the results because no one wants to load the page and see they have no votes. I suppose the issue with this would be the transparency of the election.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Party A all the way!
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Couple things:
    1) Requiring people to have x number of posts to vote is just going to spam up the forums. For reference see Fight Club, Jedi.
    2) I do really wish they would hide the results because no one wants to load the page and see they have no votes. I suppose the issue with this would be the transparency of the election.
    True. Would be bad to have spam posts. Then, I guess I think that accounts that can vote should have been created at least a week prior to the hat voting thread date.

And yes, guess in hindsight results should be hidden. Is sad. The devs, I think, tried to do a great thing. But all the campaigning for votes, even in threads, is awful... If folks do that, then people who played fairly don't have any chance.

After all this, I change my mind. I think the devs should pick their five fav hat designs. Don't have a vote at all. The devs choose a winner but implement all five of them in game. But, if there's proof someone cheated, they should be disqualified and not eligible to be chosen.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

party A... kids these days overrunning the game and forums, we cant trust them... im not saying all are kids lol
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Reposting:

I understand there is a lot of controversy going on right now. The last time we ran a contest, we chose the top three. There was a lot of community outrage that we did not pick the right three. This time we are letting the community decide over all of them. There are accusations of cheating, rigging votes, etc.

We think these accusations would still exist regardless of whether we chose the finalists or if you did.

But, in reviewing the rules, we have decided to disqualify Machinima because of this violation:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    6. Submitter represents and warrants that (i) all Content is an original work of authorship created by Submitter; BY POSTING IN THE THREAD BELOW, SUBMITTER AGREES TO BE FULLY BOUND BY
    THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinima View Post
    Conqueror's Ursan Helmet
    I can't take full credit for this because other members of machinima helped make this so this is a machinima contribute there for representing are selves as one person.
    I know this is disappointing to Machinma. We respect and like you, and may build your hat anyway, but you are not allowed to participate in this contest.

- g

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Reposting:

I understand there is a lot of controversy going on right now. The last time we ran a contest, we chose the top three. There was a lot of community outrage that we did not pick the right three. This time we are letting the community decide over all of them. There are accusations of cheating, rigging votes, etc.

We think these accusations would still exist regardless of whether we chose the finalists or if you did.

But, in reviewing the rules, we have decided to disqualify Machinima because of this violation:

I know this is disappointing to Machinma. We respect and like you, and may build your hat anyway, but you are not allowed to participate in this contest.

- g
    Wow... So last time everyone complained because devs DID chose the three finalists and this time everyone complained because devs DID NOT choose the three finalists? You can't win, huh?

I was lucky apparently and missed the last contest war.

Why couldn't everyone just vote for their fav hat like you asked?
    I know. I know. When pigs fly lol

Well, this was the first time I've ever put a drawing/design in a contest. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to participate. It's been great to see all the different designs coming in...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 08-27-2010 at 01:02 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

definitely group A
    Rasuch: Lvl 45 Bow Bear (MAIN)
    Riela: Lvl 45 Paladin (for now, may switch to Thoth mage)
    Trystana: Lvl 45 Enchantress

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i vote for A. just let the devs choose please. i keep getting bugged in-game to vote for a certain person, getting on mt nerves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Party B with a post limit of 10. 25+ is very limited and it takes a while to get 10 for a new acc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let the devs choose or have blind entries where u enter your design to the devs only and do not make it public if you are caught making it public you are disqualified. If your caught advertising in game you are disqualified. That way no one knows who's design is who's.

Just my two cents!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Anyone else who flames will earn themselves a timeout.
    Awesome!!!
    TooNs - WaRChAnTeR- lvl 50 Mage , Arrowwind lvl 50 Dex Archer
    2nd Place Design A Weapon Contest