Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Skill Discussion - Humania Skill Ranks go to 7

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    I like this approach. It would be rather unpopular I might say to do this retroactively, but I think it would make sense that the max number of points you can allocate to a skill increases on your level.

Currently, those 64 and under can put up to 6 in a skill, 65+ can put up to 7. If this were applied to lower levels it might make things more balanced for twinking. IE. Level 20 can only put 4 points in a skill, level 40 can put 5, etc.
    That is the way DL is, and would be great for PL, but would completely flip the game on it's axis, and we are to far in now to make such a fundamental change.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

IMO, PL is to old a game to be adding new skills. If it were me I'd leave everything the same (just periodically increase skill ranks) and leave new skills and/or passive skills for AL.

That's just my feelings but if passive skills or skill trees are added to PL I won't rage. I don't feel strongly either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ah ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I love the idea of passive skills and hope we'll get to see that at some point in the future. There have been some interesting threads about passive skills in the past, maybe you could consolidate these to get some idea's. Personally, I'd be fine with passive skills like implemented in DL, simple and effective.

As for skill trees, I'm not really sure if I'd like that or not. I kind of liked the easy way to put points in your skills, as it's currently implemented. The thing I don't like much about skill trees, is that you'll often have to dump loads of points in skills you don't even want/need, just to get that one skill you really feel you want/need. The positive thing about this is to allow for more differentiation in builds, but I'd rather see a lot more different types of skills than the current 12, for which we can choose freely to put points in or not. More skills would also allow more variation in builds, while still keeping the freedom to choose which skills you want or not.

It would be cool to have a way to access more than 12 skills, in case there would be more skills in the future. Maybe a combination of a skill wheel and current skill layout (much like in O&C for example). In O&C you can quickly minimize your skill-book (much in the same way as currently in PL), to display a skill wheel (much in the same way as currently in SL). You'd typically put the skills you don't use that much, or the ones with a long cooldowns, in your skill wheel.

Anyway, I'm exited to hear you guys are thinking about changing up skills in the future!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Won't the debuff's also go up a level, or are they just drastically underpowered compared to the buffs? If so, then the debuffs need to be fixed as a separate issue, though I can see how this is exacerbating that problem.
    The problem lies in landing those debuffs on an opponent with such high dodge.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

It's never too late to do anything different!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

cant believe, that drain goes over 600 o.O amazing...
    Birds and bears will get more dodgie than ever lol...hope the debuffs will grow the same size...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I think rank 7 should not be allowed until L67.

Also, at 67 I think there should be a free skill respec so we could change our skill points around since rank 7 would be allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The problem lies in landing those debuffs on an opponent with such high dodge.
    Are you saying you can dodge a dodge debuff??

That is an even more fundamental problem!

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

no thats definately not possible...lol with my pvp expetience of 10k kills i can promise you, that a debuff skill will break/crush all the buffs-completely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vuvuzaylor View Post
    no thats definately not possible...lol with my pvp expetience of 10k kills i can promise you, that a debuff skill will break/crush all the buffs-completely.
    Apollo is claiming that the dodge debuff part of crushing blow,terror (or weakness) and root can be "dodged". If this is true, then that is most definitely a problem, no matter what the skills rank to.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    If skills are not nerfed or something similar, everything is going to be chaotic with the balance between classes being in danger.
    Lol... You speak as if classes were already balanced. Mages are truly OP imo, it started at level 50 cap win every 1 was nerfed but mages and is now starting to become an issue 3 level caps later... if I mages continue on this path they will need a serious nerf at lvl 71+...

as for passive skills I would love to see this implemented in pocket legends and truly feel it will add to a level of individuality to both PVE & PVP builds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Are you saying you can dodge a dodge debuff??

That is an even more fundamental problem!
    Yep, that is correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vuvuzaylor View Post
    You must have had a very lucky 10k PvP kills then.

Also, I'm speaking with 35k+ kills experience.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Yep, that is correct.
    I can second and third Apollo

Any buff and debuff can be dodged and or can miss.. Same goes for rev... It all boils down to hit% vs dodge vs luck..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I'll repost my thoughts here:

Hey guys, Apollo here!

Soooo, just wanted to bring this quote to attention from our wonderful Samhayne! Sam, I thank thee for all that you do! It's truly amazing.

Does anybody get the meaning of this quote? You PvPers should especially understand.

DODGE = evading an attack completely.

Bears currently have 74-76 dodge. With the new stat increase, it should put them off at 80+ dodge with THE OUTDATED MT. FANG GEAR!

What does this mean for y'all PvPers? GL hitting that tank, even after roots.

Birds are also affected, just not as drastically, IMO.

Elves, with these new buffs in stats, the role of elves seemed to change from "The Support Class" to "The Everything Class".

Devs, I commend you for doing such a great job with Humania, but please take into consideration the possible consequences with skill raises. Dodge enhanced classes will be the ones effected the most, because their ability to completely avoid damage will increase.

Possible Consequences:

* You might see bears running around as gods in PvP.

* Bears have one skill to get in range, if you keep increasing dodge on birds, how are they ever expected to land that skill and get within range? It just contributes to the already unbalanced nature of PvP.

* As defensive buffs like evade and taunt increase, the need for 4x elixirs decreases. Why? Survivability increases without elixirs, so more players won't need to buy them except for the purposes of leveling, which can be detrimental to STS's business

* Elves running around hitting 600+ in PvP with one spell: Drain

Just some food for thought,

~Apollo
    I haven't read the entire thread but relax bro! I'm sure they're revamping the stats on all of the weapons and such.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread but relax bro! I'm sure they're revamping the stats on all of the weapons and such.
    I am relaxed, just giving forewarnings and possible consequences. I know that they always manage to work things out.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Hm, I was hopeful that this would be an update where they would attempt to balance the classes. Of course, I'm appreciative of the work the develepors have put into this update.

However, does this not just make birds even less powerful in comparison to mages and bears? I mean, second lowest dodge, and honestly, the "high single target damage" might not even make a difference with Magee being able to one hit kill birds and (without dodge) two-hit or three-hit kill bears.

But then factoring in dodge, wouldnt the dodge just make bears almost invincible..?

As stated by ghost, they are probably trying to balance the gear. But... What's to keep level 70's from just using the 65 sets..?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

So a debuff can be dodged... But can a skill be critically successful and therefore un-dodge-able? If not, perhaps this is what is needed to enhance our skills. After level 5, for instance, a skill's chance of crit could increase dramatically to compensate for the incredible dodges and evasions.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    Hm, I was hopeful that this would be an update where they would attempt to balance the classes. Of course, I'm appreciative of the work the develepors have put into this update.

However, does this not just make birds even less powerful in comparison to mages and bears? I mean, second lowest dodge, and honestly, the "high single target damage" might not even make a difference with Magee being able to one hit kill birds and (without dodge) two-hit or three-hit kill bears.

But then factoring in dodge, wouldnt the dodge just make bears almost invincible..?

As stated by ghost, they are probably trying to balance the gear. But... What's to keep level 70's from just using the 65 sets..?
    Using the 65 sets would be the same as if now we're using the 60 sets and so on and so forth. My guess is that everything will feel the same as it is now. This is one of the main problems developers face when creating new content; my main point is that it will all feel the same.