Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Thread: Frozen Nightmares! Elite Dungeon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Without pots?Not in AO2:3?Actually playing through all the indicated maps for your level? I doubt that you did any of this very seriously...nearly 6months ago when i joined you had to wait for each map pack and lvl cap without pots, without easy mummies(update helped this thanks devs), without tagging along behind a person 10-20 levels than you are...try actually playing because I think you should hit level 35ish try the maps and see how much more of a challenge and enjoyment they bring like they say dont knock it till you try it..but in this case you did but not for what it was sorta/basically meant for level 30s-35.You will see that it does not take half a day and anyone who plays 10+ hours a day thats just unhealthy and probably has no life..no offence.I can say i hardly ever play now cuz i never have the time.PL FTW!

,Haikus

P.S. update is great didnt bring me as much in but im probably gonna respec haikus with my free specs(thanks devs even tho i already had two) and give him stats of a lvl 30 and skill points of a lvl 30 and give him the lvl 30 pinks i have and gather a group and see how bad i get my butt kicked then add skills and stat points for a lvl 35 whip out my old swamp snipers set try that and so forth till im back to 45 stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

He said the level was 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The map is hard it would be nice to get some lvl 45 ice gear. So far if it stays the same it's nothing but a long grind for items u would just liquidate. Honestly new gear sells even if it's exactly the same stats as some of the alien oasis gear. New pinks = more farming = more people wanting to get that pink= more money for u. Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Anyone else who flames will earn themselves a timeout.
    Awesome!!!
    TooNs - WaRChAnTeR- lvl 50 Mage , Arrowwind lvl 50 Dex Archer
    2nd Place Design A Weapon Contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

it's 30 gear. new twink = 30. problem solved
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool which map, even though it might be a global loot table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand why people are whining so much, it's a nightmare dungeon, it's supposed to be REALLY REALLY hard, it actually needs a group of people that know what they're doing. If it's not doable with a group of ~30s that has a healer (and I mean an int mage) then I'll understand, it's hard for me to judge when I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

I would hope the drop rate is pretty low, if the loot is better than standard LE pinks then it has to be lower than standard LE drop rate. I really do think nightmare content legendary loot should be a new colour though.

And people need to stop gettin so worked up that it isn't for level capped players, we'll get ours soon enough. Who cares if you don't stay around level 30 too long, once upon a time that was the level cap, you can't just bump the drop rates up for any non endgame campaign, you just need an incentive to twink characters at that level, and when PvP gets more balanced, that will be more than enough, especially if we get separate level categories for leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please people stop complaining in the screen shot posted above the is a iceberg fine ancient sword a new pink

What does the iceberg preffix give
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

You will have to ask Iambirdman. Boboeye passed it to him. He said it looks the same as other fine ancient swords. I wonder if it has a frost proc. I can't find the word Iceberg has ever been used on the message board, so it has to be new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all ice weapons have freeze proc
    lvl45-Archer-Gwippy-lvl45-Bear-Renkai-lvl45-Enchantress-Archnai-lvl19-One Hit KO bird-Twinxy-lvl47-Bear-Untha-lvl39-Enchantress-Lietei
    lvl25-bird-villo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The purple that I got is one I already had, and my Mage used it a lot in swamps: Icebolt Staff of the Owl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    I don't understand why people are whining so much, it's a nightmare dungeon, it's supposed to be REALLY REALLY hard, it actually needs a group of people that know what they're doing. If it's not doable with a group of ~30s that has a healer (and I mean an int mage) then I'll understand, it's hard for me to judge when I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

I would hope the drop rate is pretty low, if the loot is better than standard LE pinks then it has to be lower than standard LE drop rate. I really do think nightmare content legendary loot should be a new colour though.

And people need to stop gettin so worked up that it isn't for level capped players, we'll get ours soon enough. Who cares if you don't stay around level 30 too long, once upon a time that was the level cap, you can't just bump the drop rates up for any non endgame campaign, you just need an incentive to twink characters at that level, and when PvP gets more balanced, that will be more than enough, especially if we get separate level categories for leaderboards.
    I don't think many people are getting that worked up (so far only one in particular), can't say i disagree with what your posting, (except the part about twinking being an incentive to do anything... thats a huge stretch...), but i certainly stand by the advice i have given for level 45s not to do this map.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    You sir, are a complete retard need to make fun of a random person posting on a forum noob.
    I play 10+ hours a day. and this game is terribly easy to levelup to the max and then have nothing to do once you're there.
    no offense nugget but to the readers like me and cascade, u do sound inexperienced
    and why the HECK would u play 10 hours a day??
    unless ur a whinin genius baby who plays PL or an old retired man age 80 with nutin to do, where do u find the time to play?
    im still a teenager and school just started so im playin like 10mins a day lol
    and even durin summer break, my max is like 5hours

theres no need to call someone a retard chill man
    and u make it seem like u too awesum for this game o sumtin...
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I think it is FOR level 45s. I couldn't do damage to a frosty night with my level 40ish bear with a Pharaoh's Sword. I had to switch to throwing talons with my level 45 bird to have an effect at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prest87 View Post
    Great map there r pinks first map one dropped sadly it dropped for a lvl16 when we were all 45s
    This is exactly what happened to me too. A couple of moochers that I let stay in the game got 2 pinks off a boss. This was the first time I played the map. I played the entire dungeon again twice with not even a purple drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khanhee View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me too. A couple of moochers that I let stay in the game got 2 pinks off a boss. This was the first time I played the map. I played the entire dungeon again twice with not even a purple drop.
    Note to self be a mocher...
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i only have 14 plat left

should i save it for ao3? i have three lvl 45 characters and from the comments ive read so far this new elite dungeon isnt anything to get exited about... i might give it a miss...

one question... if im lvl 45 and im playing this elite dungeon, if i kill the enemys in this campaign will it count towards my kill count?

because im trying to get on the enchantress leaderboards, and if kills dont count in this map pack, im not gonna buy it.

thanks in advance for answering my question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by violentsaint View Post
    i only have 14 plat left

should i save it for ao3? I have three lvl 45 characters and from the comments ive read so far this new elite dungeon isnt anything to get exited about... I might give it a miss...

One question... If im lvl 45 and im playing this elite dungeon, if i kill the enemys in this campaign will it count towards my kill count?

Because im trying to get on the enchantress leaderboards, and if kills dont count in this map pack, im not gonna buy it.

Thanks in advance for answering my question
    no kill count

& for the one who called me inexperienced, ask anyone I've played with.
    Honestly why I have nothing to do and play this all day?
    I'm rich. w00.
    Make more money then ur mum n dad combined and sit at home all day in la la land.

&& I do enjoy this game, not smashing on it. Just highly disappointed in this map.
    It was there test to elite dungeons. & I think they got it wrong. No one that level would ever try and succeed enough times to ever do it.
    If you're making content for level 45s to do then make it drop items for them, not items for low levels.
    Last edited by Nugget; 09-02-2010 at 01:36 AM.
    Danknugget 45bear, Magicgrass 45elf, Flyinghigh 23bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

But its good imagine when like swamps and other elite dungeons come out! Really hard and new items next update though Im hoping for level 50 or pets (: I want to level my 45s XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yo Violent, don't buy it. My brother did and basically I'm disapointed. It's way too hard to complete as a lvl 30 because you can't use pots and you have like 0 regen. Plus you can't hit anything on them. The maps are basically the same except there are like a hundred of theese guys called big bills. (Just the usual big yetis) Practically no loot drops and the stuff that does is level 30 even though its impossible to complete on a group a lvl 30s. My suggestions would be to firstly have regen increase through leveling maby one every 15 levels and secondly to tone the dungeon down a bit. whats the point in have a dungeon that only drops level 30 pinks when lvl 30s arn't strong enough to do it? I personally like the no potions thing because it once again gives the mages an important roll but honestly, there is no way to get through the levels at lvl 30 with no regen.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i thought it was fun, purely for the challenge of it. as a pure mage, i kept pretty busy healing everybody and staying alive without pot spamming. i wish there were better payouts for drops and some more variety in the mobs, but the fact that it took a well-balanced team to make it through made me enjoy it.