Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pink drop rate.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think they should do away with the junk pinks,off set pinks, whatever u want to call them. That way when I do win a pink I'm not walking away with a pilgrim hat and pi....d off at the world.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I don't recall in over two and a half years it taking so long for somebody to have a complete set with bonus and post a picture that's very telling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I do not not mind using non premium pinks as long as they look exactly the same but if they don't drop then there is no price differentiation, people ask for as much money as they can.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    I don't recall in over two and a half years it taking so long for somebody to have a complete set with bonus and post a picture that's very telling.
    My guess is someone has tested it, and it failed. People usually at least borrow items for testing, and if you are going to sell an item, and you test it, if you find it makes a set, you want to make sure people know because it raises the price. If it does not make a set, you would hide it as that would crash the value of your item. This is just a theory, but I find it quite hard to believe that no one has been able to test a full set of any variety yet. Note that even IF the items do not make a set now, that does not mean they won't in the future.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    I think they should do away with the junk pinks,off set pinks, whatever u want to call them. That way when I do win a pink I'm not walking away with a pilgrim hat and pi....d off at the world.
    Agreed, maybe make the junk pinks purple or whatever

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Windwaiker View Post
    Agreed, maybe make the junk pinks purple or whatever
    Uh Oh, you may have just hit on something I never considered. Maybe the junk pinks ~are~ purples, because they can't actually put purples in the game anymore because of the mechanics of the luck elixirs

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Well I don't want junk pinks to go, as they have similar stats with set pinks, only they don't make a set and can't be crafted.
    They appear more regularly which makes them cheap.
    So a casual gamer can be decently equipped without having to spend millions ;-)

Some of them are very good, eg the Vampyr Longbow and the bracer.

Also consider that some set pinks are rubbish such as Orlok claymores and Lilith staffs. I mean that's even worse: you see L.65 lilith on your screen and you go like 'wow, bracer ?!!!' and then u read 'staff' trollol.

Regarding drop rates, only seen 1 drop. But a friend got one and a friend of a friend got 3... At least we have the Angelic sets to keep us safe ;-)
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Well I don't want junk pinks to go, as they have similar stats with set pinks, only they don't make a set and can't be crafted.
    They appear more regularly which makes them cheap.
    So a casual gamer can be decently equipped without having to spend millions ;-)

Some of them are very good, eg the Vampyr Longbow and the bracer.

Also consider that some set pinks are rubbish such as Orlok claymores and Lilith staffs. I mean that's even worse: you see L.65 lilith on your screen and you go like 'wow, bracer ?!!!' and then u read 'staff' trollol.

Regarding drop rates, only seen 1 drop. But a friend got one and a friend of a friend got 3... At least we have the Angelic sets to keep us safe ;-)
    MONTY PYTHON FTW!! That is all...
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My take on "Junk" pinks...

They have their place. The Fang "non-set" pinks were a great set of stuff you could buy for almost nothing compared to the craftable items. Stats between non-set and uncrafted were very close, so you could have competitive gear while you were saving up for crafted items.

Pink Drop rate...
    The only pink I have ever gotten that I was able to sell for more than about 50k was a Sang leather drop ONCE. I spent th3 2.5 months prior to Humania doing nothing but cleaning unkilled bosses out of almost cleared Fang levels. I had to have killed the duke close to 1000 times, not to mention 200 Emmas, 200 Gobbles, probably 100 Vlods, and I only ever got 1 "real" pink.

I got more purples from the bigger luck hat than I did pinks.

I don't know if I am extremely unlucky, or just don't play enough. It IS discouraging to kill that many bosses with very little to show for it, but at the same time, Pinks are rare. I don;t think you SHOULD get one every 10 runs.

Someone in some thread mentioned a point system so that you can accrue points for a specific boss every time you kill them raising your chances of getting a pink from that boss. I really like that idea. Would be awesome to get .1% chance added every time I killed a boss. Wouldn't even guarantee a "Real" pink, just the chance to get one at all. Sure, you could end up with tons of Vampyr gear, but at least you have a better chance of getting something good the more often you kill a boss. It would be nice to know that after killing Emma 1000 times your are almost guaranteed a pink that just might be a sang longbow.

I'd have used Humania pinks as references, but no clue which are the "good" ones yet :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Looks like the drop rate has been bumped quite a bit. In less than a day, the number of items in the CS has probably tripled, the prices have skyrocketed down. Armor still looks to be somewhat rate still. Of course, some of this could be due to last ditch efforts by sellers to sell items at an a somewhat inflated price. I guess we'll know more about the drop rate over the next few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    To be honest, gear is priced too high. I have never understood why individuals feel the need to hoard all that gold and deprive otbers of the joy of the game. It use to not bother me as much, but after quitting, I gave all my stuff away and had to start from scratch when I came back. I have a new appreciation for new players who have a hard time earning gold. A lot of veterans hve forgotten how much of a struggle it was when they began. I know I did.

As long as the drop rates remain this low, the rich will only get richer. Something should be done, but sadly, it won't.
    I merchanted Forest Haven greens and some purples/pinks as a new player for 1k-3k each and managed to make my first 1 million PL gold from that.
    Then I moved onto AO3 purples and Hi-Tech blasters and made another few million off of that.
    It's time and devotion. I would never have the drive to spend so much time merchanting and making so little profit compared to simple ten thousands of gold I could easily make via farming for an hour or so.