Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Death of The Leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *Zero* View Post
    Dunno i confused. Unless it Zeros the program out your guess is as good as mine

True true, wonder if devs have seen this yet. Let's make it noticeable .
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bubututu View Post
    I LoL'd when i read this one...

This is just a silly glitch on the LB. Lonely has been grinding them LB's for countless hours a day from about 5 months now to get where he is at. To say they came out of nowhere? That's strikingly bizarre.

I guarantee their are quite a few players that have powerleveled alongside him and can validate this *bot/program* is actually a real boy <3
    3 people with the EXACT same amount of kills? Ok dude.

It's clearly a bot. You can tell by the names. It's like people with modified XBOX 360's and stuff....popping out with Xbox buttons in their gamertags and all that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

i wonder how Lonely made almost everyone this mad.

anyways, artstar made a close relative thread bout these cheap lix's. dunno why ppl keep reviving almost the same topic

it's just my opinion,
    Your Friend, ColbyCheeze

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iAmPain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I am LonelyKDOp... let me put you all at ease and prove its a glitch..

The names with #'s at the end exceed the maximum character name length (10).

I am sure STS will fix it (but for 10 seconds, would you mind putting me in every spot first?)

Just kidding :-)

Remember if you've got an alt 8-18 you want power leveled, feel free to add me and join me in Cycorp!

Even a crummy Paladin is a good one if he mashes the heal button a lot!!
    PocketLegend (41), LonelyKDOp (41), CrummyPaladin (41), CrummyMage (41), Manrchy (31), Paladin (10), many more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

My proof doesn't work lol!

When did allowed name length go over 10?

Oh well.... its still a glitch. I'm emailing STS... pm overload... can't play lol!

PocketLegend (41), LonelyKDOp (41), CrummyPaladin (41), CrummyMage (41), Manrchy (31), Paladin (10), many more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crummypaladin View Post
    My proof doesn't work lol!

When did allowed name length go over 10?

Oh well.... its still a glitch. I'm emailing STS... pm overload... can't play lol!
    Why did this bug target only you. And its the only time this has ever happened. Seems lonelykdop0 has changed its name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Hmm... Strange..
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Why are you guys making a big deal about this..? It's a glitch so relax and move on. I'm sure the Devs are fixing it, but they are also busy trying to get our update going and also our infest event. So why not everyone just stop being so upset. It's a glitch, we can't control what happens. All games have problems now and then..

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Hey guys! I'm going to go ahead and include this thread in my report. Thanks for posting it!
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

OK heres's the secret guys:-)

First you have to get a # on the end of your name. That will duplicate your character.
    To do that you have to have a Motorola Xoom. Make sure the device is upside down. It will screen flip so the screen will be OK.
    Next you have to open your clock and have it running in the background.
    Switch to Star Legends and start up to the change character screen.
    With the change character screen open, change back to the clock.
    Set the clock to display time in hexadecimal.
    Change the time to 13E4A22G
    Switch back to Star Legends.
    Switch back to your clock and change it to display to binary.
    Change your clock to time 1011001110000010011111100000111010001
    You have about two seconds for this to work so read ahead...
    Make sure you are wearing tennis shoes that have metal eyelets for the shoelace holes, but you shoes are untied w/ shoestrings loose.
    Quickly kick off first the left shoe then the right, make sure you don't send them airborne and hit/hurt/break something.
    Immediately after your shoes are safely off, sit down and switch back to Star Legends and select your character and hit the play button.

Think to yourself how silly it would be to try and change a clock to display either hexadecimal or binary.

Forget about it after three seconds and play.

Enjoy the game:-)

Logic here people:-) If I've invested this much time and effort (and yes plat) into this alt of mine, would it make any sense at all to hack the LB's like it's showing? It would obviously lead to a ban. That would truly be cheating. As for bots... ask the hundred or so players that have power leveled with me if I use programs. I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree. But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair? Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it. Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.

I mentioned in another post that STS should build a hardcore LB. That would be one that you would be disqualified on if you used any plat gear or elixer (I think even the free daily should disqualify too). I doubt that it will ever happen, but if it does, you can bet your paycheck I'd be making a new toon! Actually I already have:-)

This game is awesome, the players are awesome, forums are awesome. Play the way you like:-) They've given us a lot of options.

Now if we could just get an update.... even get the egg event started?

C'mon STS its time for new content! :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

OK heres's the secret guys:-)

First you have to get a # on the end of your name. That will duplicate your character.
    To do that you have to have a Motorola Xoom. Make sure the device is upside down. It will screen flip so the screen will be OK.
    Next you have to open your clock and have it running in the background.
    Switch to Star Legends and start up to the change character screen.
    With the change character screen open, change back to the clock.
    Set the clock to display time in hexadecimal.
    Change the time to 13E4A22G
    Switch back to Star Legends.
    Switch back to your clock and change it to display to binary.
    Change your clock to time 1011001110000010011111100000111010001
    You have about two seconds for this to work so read ahead...
    Make sure you are wearing tennis shoes that have metal eyelets for the shoelace holes, but you shoes are untied w/ shoestrings loose.
    Quickly kick off first the left shoe then the right, make sure you don't send them airborne and hit/hurt/break something.
    Immediately after your shoes are safely off, sit down and switch back to Star Legends and select your character and hit the play button.

Think to yourself how silly it would be to try and change a clock to display either hexadecimal or binary.

Forget about it after three seconds and play.

Enjoy the game:-)

Logic here people:-) If I've invested this much time and effort (and yes plat) into this alt of mine, would it make any sense at all to hack the LB's like it's showing? It would obviously lead to a ban. That would truly be cheating. As for bots... ask the hundred or so players that have power leveled with me if I use programs. I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree. But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair? Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it. Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.

I mentioned in another post that STS should build a hardcore LB. That would be one that you would be disqualified on if you used any plat gear or elixer (I think even the free daily should disqualify too). I doubt that it will ever happen, but if it does, you can bet your paycheck I'd be making a new toon! Actually I already have:-)

This game is awesome, the players are awesome, forums are awesome. Play the way you like:-) They've given us a lot of options.

Now if we could just get an update.... even get the egg event started?

C'mon STS its time for new content! :-P
    It's true, one day I was bored so I decided to do some runs, and I don't think a bot can reply to my questions, because we were talking. Yeah, either it's manual (duh) or some reaaallllyyyyyy good botting.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Am tellin u those two guys r aliens targetting lonely

-Raghav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

So this morning i got on and decided to add one of the names that duplicated itself but it has changed from lonelykdop0 to bpogtestop. So i added bpogtestop and it sent the friend request if he was a glitch it would have said this character doesn't exist. Hopefully the devs can sort this out soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Lmao love how no one talks smack, as soon as lonely posts! You pwnie members are hypocrits too, you got judgement in your guild, who may I add, did 160,000 kills in a week! It's up to them how they reach the top, they still gotta put the hours in.
    Last edited by ToPBoY; 07-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I know some don't agree with me buying kills. For those I'm sorry you don't agree.
    Look man i really don't care how you choose to spend your money.

But if you used a str or xp elixir to cap, don't you think those that are unable to buy them think its unfair?
    When did this post ever stray into "fairness". "Fair"??? Are you joking? Nothing is fair in life. That's not the point of the OP at all.

The point is that with the ability to "buy kills" as you put it, STS has just totally invalidated the concept of the gameplay leader board. It is just turning into a "biggest donor" board like at a charity fundraiser. The original leaderboard that was dominated by the best players is a thing of the past.

Congratz on toping the "Donor Board" however, well done.

Where do you draw the line? My line is where STS put it.
    OK. So you think that STS intends for people to spend loads in plat and think that they are becoming the best? Wow. Don't get me wrong. Chownis buys plat. Big deal. Yes this is a "part" of the game. But it was only recently that buying plat = leader board status. Ask some of the original leader board players such as Artstar, Zero, Heavensblade ...etc.

Isn't it funny how the xp anywhere elixir came out about the same time as Voleria? If its something inherently built into the game, I want to explore it to the maximum extent I can. Its part of the game. The game I've grown to love and enjoy.
    Well I'm glad your cool with buying elixirs, so am i and loads of other people. But with the kind of abuse, yes i said abuse, going on with the leader board manipulation going on, this game is almost dead bro.

You like Star Legends? So do i but she's on the way out man.

Why would they waste time developing that. It is against their business model. They need to give a long and hard look at the "all access elixir" to remedy this problem. And yes i know we have already discussed this, IAmPain, i linked to it in the OP- please read before you post.
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToPBoY View Post
    Lmao love how no one talks smack, as soon as lonely posts! You pwnie members are hypocrits too, you got judgement in your guild, who may I add, did 160,000 kills in a week! It's up to them how they reach the top, they still gotta put the hours in.
    Hahaha so you think that the OP was all about "talking smack"? What a kid.

Well if you are trying to flame this post cause you think we got "shut up" please feel free to do so. We are discussing the decline of the Leaderboard as a relevant metric on gameplay. However please feel free to start another thread so we can get into a flame contest. :hopes:
    <- design by Pianowizzy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Who ever mentioned the OP you noob? Numerous people flamed him, and the enhancer system throughout the thread. Funny how you didn't say anything about judgement in your reply, true hypocrit, get a grip, seriously...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Who ever mentioned the OP you noob? Numerous people flamed him, and the enhancer system throughout the post.
    :Lesson Time:
    In online forum lingo, "OP" means "Original Post"
    >Please reread the post that your referring to with the new insight to understand what you are responding to.
    :End Lesson Time:

Wow and i'm the noob???
    Funny how you didn't say anything about judgement in your reply, true hypocrit, get a grip, seriously...
    Ah yes, I'm sure you would love for me to get off topic into a discussion of some payer that you brought up on a whim. But this thread is not about any particular player.

If you reread the OP [wait for it...] you will notice that we weren't flaming some player in particular. We were discussing the fact that the Leaderboard is now irrelevant.

But if you want to flame on Judgment, or LonelyKDop, or me please feel free to start a new thread and flame the hell out of em. Lets see how long that thread lasts.
    <- design by Pianowizzy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well... and we care about k/d ratio in a dead game, because?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Lol... Of course everyone tries getting onto LB, it's like that on every other games, not only SL/PL/DL.

Leaderboard = High Score

It's like people getting like a billion points on Doodle Jump, like who would really waste hours just to get that much points without falling?
    It's like getting billions of points on Temple Run because there is a hack where you can just run straight.

Come on.. Why are you guys arguing about this? It's STS choice. To be honest in real life it's money over words. So stop being babies and grow up.

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]