Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Need A Token Reward System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Don't give up!!

Hi let me tell a little bit about my time in PL. I got to Nuris and got one good drop, my first day there. Wow, I thought I'm lucky!! I thought all right, this is going to be easy. I was wrong. That was my first and last drop in Nuris. Yeah I did, get a few steels and some leather, cloth and plate scraps, but no where near enough to craft a set. . . . But I kept right on farming every day. Why, I changed my goal, instead of crafting demonic, I would buy it. Yes it took me a long time to accumulate the gold needed but I did it. Piece by piece, I bought my demonic set. Stashing it aside until I could wear it all at once. :-)

Fast forward to Mt. Dang. ;-). All rightie, new map, crafting quests, I can do this. . I can craft my gear. Ummmm nope it was a repeat of Nuri. No drops, not a one until after the start of 1012. I had nearly a 5 month dry spell of ZERO pinks. But I didn't give up. I made a joke out of it. I laughed it off and again went back to my tried and true method of farming gold and bought my crafted set.

Now with humania, I got the drops for gear, did some swapping with guildies for a couple pieces. But I have the craftable gear. What I don't have are the diamonds. No biggie, I'll do what I've done in the past, I'll farm the gold and buy them. I adapt to the situation. I change my game to suit what is happening. I don't let it get me down. I didn't rage quit. I kept on keeping on.

I can't farm all day, I have a full time job. What I will say is that the one thing that I am proudest of is my crafted mystery set. I did that on my own for the most part. I didn't have a guild until I was nearly finished. What all this buying of gear has done, is, I've lost out on the satisfaction if knowing "I did it myself" and that is a feeling that can't be matched.

So I do agree that crafting quests should be instituted. For a change, I would really like the opportunity to craft my own set. I miss that WOW it's done feeling!! I'd like to have it again. But, I've been through this before and I'll change my game to what cards are dealt to me. Eventually I know I'll get that "I did it myself " feeling again.

Don't give up just change your game too!!!
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz:712388
    Hi let me tell a little bit about my time in PL. I got to Nuris and got one good drop, my first day there. Wow, I thought I'm lucky!! I thought all right, this is going to be easy. I was wrong. That was my first and last drop in Nuris. Yeah I did, get a few steels and some leather, cloth and plate scraps, but no where near enough to craft a set. . . . But I kept right on farming every day. Why, I changed my goal, instead of crafting demonic, I would buy it. Yes it took me a long time to accumulate the gold needed but I did it. Piece by piece, I bought my demonic set. Stashing it aside until I could wear it all at once. :-)

Fast forward to Mt. Dang. ;-). All rightie, new map, crafting quests, I can do this. . I can craft my gear. Ummmm nope it was a repeat of Nuri. No drops, not a one until after the start of 1012. I had nearly a 5 month dry spell of ZERO pinks. But I didn't give up. I made a joke out of it. I laughed it off and again went back to my tried and true method of farming gold and bought my crafted set.

Now with humania, I got the drops for gear, did some swapping with guildies for a couple pieces. But I have the craftable gear. What I don't have are the diamonds. No biggie, I'll do what I've done in the past, I'll farm the gold and buy them. I adapt to the situation. I change my game to suit what is happening. I don't let it get me down. I didn't rage quit. I kept on keeping on.

I can't farm all day, I have a full time job. What I will say is that the one thing that I am proudest of is my crafted mystery set. I did that on my own for the most part. I didn't have a guild until I was nearly finished. What all this buying of gear has done, is, I've lost out on the satisfaction if knowing "I did it myself" and that is a feeling that can't be matched.

So I do agree that crafting quests should be instituted. For a change, I would really like the opportunity to craft my own set. I miss that WOW it's done feeling!! I'd like to have it again. But, I've been through this before and I'll change my game to what cards are dealt to me. Eventually I know I'll get that "I did it myself " feeling again.

Don't give up just change your game too!!!
    That was very inspirational :')

I do agree that it feels good to craft your own item instead of buying it from cs so I hope that crafting was simplified a tad more.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I don't think end game craftable should be easily obtained, what exclusivity it has will soon disappear.
    You were bored of the gift angelic right away, I'd imagine endgame nearly free will bore you also. If sts chose to give us another thing then cool, but I'm content. I also have used last maps gear for the last two maps and this time around I had enough money to buy this maps new stuff, and then farmed it anyway in order to save. So in a way it took me 3 maps worth of Time to get the new gear this quickly. Not a few runs, around half a year.
    As is all ways mentioned in these types of threads is that a new lengthy quest would be cool. "gimme new stuff now", naw..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I agree, it shouldn't be easy, but, remember gurgox, at lvl 45-50 he could one shot a Mage, and that scrapping for snacks daily quest to get the desert blue diamond was such a pain. I really had to ask myself each time I picked up that quest "Do you really want that gear that bad?". My answer was always yes! I wanted that gear. Even though I knew I was going to die at least once because ppl used orbs too soon, I still went for it. I enjoyed crafting so much I did the archer set too! So yeah I like the feeling of watching it all come together. :-).

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quest sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm glad to see many people do want a change.

We want quest sets.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newfireorange View Post
    I'm glad to see many people do want a change.

We want quest sets. 2
    After reading his posts Im gonna say he sits just a little to close to the lazy side.
    ------------------------------------------------
    hmmm what the hell should I put here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

When did quest sets ever mark laziness?
    *looks at Cyber*

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Perhaps edit your OP at the end, here's a TL;DR (too long; didn't read)

STS Y U NO MAKE GAME EASIER? I NO GET DROP! MAKE A GUARANTEED WAY TO GET DROP AND SCREW UP IN-GAME ECONOMY SO I CAN ENJOY THIS GAME FOR A WEEK LONGER BEFORE I COMPLAIN ON FORUMS AGAIN.

Seriously though, you act like this game is a chore to you. The drop rates may be rough but that's because so many people farm and so few buy. If the drop rates gave more pinks then everything would be worthless. I take it you want humania drops to be similar to AO? I don't...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

That may be what the OP wants, but I don't think that's what the majority of us want. Most of us would just like a realistic chance to craft our own gear. In nuris the drop rates are so low that only the truly dedicated farm there. In Mt Fang, the drop rates were in my opinion pretty well designed, I just had horrible luck. But so far in my guild, there are only a few people that have gotten an OBD as a drop. Keep in mind that's all I'm aware of, I don't think anyone in Xplicit has a crafted set.

I do know that at least one guildie is not even going for a crafted set. He has the full craftable str set but his survivability is good and he's just not going after a crafted set. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, because crafting has only been out for a short time. But like my guildie, not bothering to craft is an option, primarially because I'm not going to go broke to get a set. I did it twice. And I really don't want to do it again. So for now it's back to farming and hoping that my luck changes or that prices in cs drop.

As a side note, doing the crafting quests in AO was a fantastic way to make the trip to 50 a little bit more interesting. After all we spent 10 levels in AO. I finished my second mystery set right about the same time I was ready to head to sewers. :-)
    Last edited by Shellkaz; 07-17-2012 at 06:32 AM.