Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Seems to be a large backlash on this, so I'm going to clarify a few points to back my decision.

The biggest one for me is that in the passed week, there have been less than 20 dropped on the server in total. There is a rough average of about 1 every 2 days, which by my standards is "too" rare. Please note that when I say I will be bumping the drop rate a little, I do mean a little. My goal is to make the drops go from 1 every day or so into more like 1-2 a day by comparison. It won't be raining masks, and it will still be very rare, but in this context I have data I've been monitoring in order to ensure fairness through the event. In actuality I completely expect to see more posts about the Undead Mask still being too rare once this update is patched out.

On a note regarding the permanent vanities - they have seen even LESS drops than the undead masks, so I'm going to adjust some other things related to them, but not just make them show up more often.

This is a sensitive matter, and understandably so. I can't give exact numbers but suffice to say it's more rare than I originally intended and it will be addressed with a mild bump. In most cases players still won't see many of them. My goal here is to make it feel obtainable and keep it extremely rare, not incredibly rare to the point of non-existence.

I hope this clarifies a little more. While on the surface it seems like this is a reaction to the "whining" on the forums, it is in fact the result of my intentional monitoring of the drops tied to the event on a daily basis since they went live and my personal reflection that this drop is too rare. The two scenarios have met an overlap, and it's been construed as me buckling to the protests.

Thanks for reading guys, let's tone it down a bit now please

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post: