Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

What they need to do is make the undead mask a rate/exclusive drop. Meaning it its non tradable/sellable but stashable. Of your telling me that only one to two are dropping aday then the ones who already have then the server needs to recognize that players account and not allow that limited time rare/exclusive item to drop for them. So the people who dont have has the opportunity to get one.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

myb instead "luck"events gear they should make all events by numbers, like kill 20k mobs for the mask, (like jetpacks event in SL)
    and when u complete that amount ull get that.
    that would be nice to everyone. cos they will know how much they have to farm
    cos honestly? i thoght im so unlucky and it have bad rolles than everyone else. cos ppl told me that they got it for 100+ runs.. and it did 300 and nothing! haha
    luck is dangerous thing to mess with.
    cos there will always ppl who wont be happy with theier results.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sun light For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sun light View Post
    myb instead "luck"events gear they should make all events by numbers, like kill 20k mobs for the mask, (like jetpacks event in SL)
    cos honestly? i thoght im so unlucky and it have bad rolles than everyone else. cos ppl told me that they got it for 100+ runs.. and it did 300 and nothing! haha
    I like this idea a lot.
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarchival:721892
    I like this idea a lot.
    tnx
    i mean only the time limit events,
    all rare wanity can stay with chaces drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

No, no and no!!

While I certainly understand your frustration after countless hours of farming, games like this, especially MMORPGs, need rare items.

Rarity is what makes an in-game economy. This game needed this really bad, this is actually the best thing to happen for the game's economy and I hope they continue adding new stuff like that to create a market for this game.

Keep farming, and if you don't get one and the event ends you can always gather your coins and buy one.

Cause after all, once you reached the elite cap and you have everything you want, farming rare items is what will make you continue playing the game. At least it will for me. Some people are just not interested in PvP and for those people, farming for such items is the only source of pleasure once there's nothing else to do.

I was very frustrated with this game, and I was quitting, I saw the new update and now I'm happy to be playing again and will continue playing as long as this game offers some thrill like this.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

i have to agree with u Sun. If they did it like this we would be able to get our vanities in the time limits, with some try but not SUCH a hard try. FOr example some people got 40k kills for the mask...
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    No, no and no!!

While I certainly understand your frustration after countless hours of farming, games like this, especially MMORPGs, need rare items.

Rarity is what makes an in-game economy. This game needed this really bad, this is actually the best thing to happen for the game's economy and I hope they continue adding new stuff like that to create a market for this game.

Keep farming, and if you don't get one and the event ends you can always gather your coins and buy one.

Cause after all, once you reached the elite cap and you have everything you want, farming rare items is what will make you continue playing the game. At least it will for me. Some people are just not interested in PvP and for those people, farming for such items is the only source of pleasure once there's nothing else to do.

I was very frustrated with this game, and I was quitting, I saw the new update and now I'm happy to be playing again and will continue playing as long as this game offers some thrill like this.
    I agree totally with this...we do need to have a reason to login once we have capped. Searching for rare items is a great form of entertainment and I wouldn't want to see this go either. But, time limited events where there are only a handful of masks available in a short space of time are more than frustrating. Watching people get one in a couple of runs where my friends and I have amassed over 40k kills each searching for one is galling but if I know given time I might be able to get one then I will continue the fight. If it is just an event for a lucky few why not make it a lottery where toon names are pulled out of a hat and given masks? I would have far less problem with this. I really really want an undead mask. If I don't get one then so be it, but I need to feel they are at least obtainable or what is the point?

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I would agree with that for constant long-term drops, not a limited time drop that's all gonna do for the economy is make 0.1% of the community 5mil richer leaving 99.9% completely unaffected.

The way i see it, events should be "fun", rewarding those that spend time playing during the event, whether they're lucky or not, this event however is more frustrating than fun, when u have to grind for several hours everyday and get nothing just because u don't have luck not for lack of effort, that's abit dump.

Bottom line is, this "event" (so far) made a very very very very small part of the community happy, and left the majority disappointed.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YuNoEatBeaRs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Floating:721975
    i have to agree with u Sun. If they did it like this we would be able to get our vanities in the time limits, with some try but not SUCH a hard try. FOr example some people got 40k kills for the mask...
    thx for agree with me LOL
    as long as jetpack was long, and if u remember the blace ice staff in PL (ice map) that was like 10 hours mission.
    u still see the end and u build ure prize! that is nice for limit time events.
    i mean, even when they say that the rarest item is for 60k kills? that still be a good idea. cos ppl will know where they come into.
    and its not like keeping them in the dark with chances and rolles
    Last edited by sun light; 07-24-2012 at 09:16 AM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This is similar to how we have achievements set up in that some reward a title or item (Though not as many offer items at the moment). I like this idea, and may do something similar to it in a future update/campaign update but retro-fitting the idea into something already in the wild will do more harm than good. I will keep it in mind for the future though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Would be nice if this stuff was still plat purchasable. Players can then choose between farming or spending.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #112
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Would be nice if this stuff was still plat purchasable. Players can then choose between farming or spending.
    For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.
    well, providing options of course....ppl who buy in store cant make money off them, but ppl who farm can. and since this is a limited event...the ones for credits will sell tons more after its over. this is providing benefits greater to ppl who do take the time to farm them...(im jealous because i cant be rich XD)

but as said above a mission for 20k kills is awesome idea. id buy elix to get me there faster. so it's a win/win
    Last edited by octavos; 07-24-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    well, providing options of course....ppl who buy in store cant make money off them, but ppl who farm can. and since this is a limited event...the ones for credits will sell more after its over.
    That and I was thinking that the price would be proportional to the effort... so if it's something that takes let's say 20 hours to farm it should cost more than 5 plat... So the farmers get a sense of achievement while the players that do not have this kind of time to dedicate can still use real cash to maintain their proverbial pixel wardrobe. Makes sense?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    That and I was thinking that the price would be proportional to the effort... so if it's something that takes let's say 20 hours to farm it should cost more than 5 plat... So the farmers get a sense of achievement while the players that do not have this kind of time to dedicate can still use real cash to maintain their proverbial pixel wardrobe. Makes sense?
    yes exactamundo the plat price should reflect the time involved. I have cash (not credits XD) and zero time....but the farmers makes the game go...so they def should have the better benefit.

P.S.
    will put them into a pack or bundle...a pack would be flipin great!!! all 3...but ppl cant make money off them so a re-color maybe silver snake, eagle, and undead have green or blue lights so they they are different then the drooped ones.
    Last edited by octavos; 07-24-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YuNoEatBeaRs:722005
    I would agree with that for constant long-term drops, not a limited time drop that's all gonna do for the economy is make 0.1% of the community 5mil richer leaving 99.9% completely unaffected.

The way i see it, events should be "fun", rewarding those that spend time playing during the event, whether they're lucky or not, this event however is more frustrating than fun, when u have to grind for several hours everyday and get nothing just because u don't have luck not for lack of effort, that's abit dump.

Bottom line is, this "event" (so far) made a very very very very small part of the community happy, and left the majority disappointed.
    100% this. Why is this so hard for you all to grasp.
    You still have 3 complete super rare vanity sets to farm to oblivion and sell for millions. Limited time events are for the community to enjoy. The drop rates should be infinitely more lax.

I have 18 million across 3 characters... Money is ridiculously easy to make in this game with very little to spend it on. How much epeen cash do you really need.

The masks should be attainable in 20 hours or so of combined work. Period. Gets people playing the event, and everyone has.fun.

There is plenty of items for the 1% to make millions on. Let the majority of the populace have their fun without whining about us whining.

Woof
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 07-24-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Also:
    The proposed increase in drop rate isn't good enough.
    The devs need to stop being representatives of a company and be gamers again.
    See things from our perspective and see that limited time events should promote gameplay, but not be so elite for the few with 8 hours a day to play.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    You should do it in future events and not this one... It would be too bad for people who farmed the vanity hours and hours ( i do not include myself in because i did not )
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    Also:
    The proposed increase in drop rate isn't good enough.
    The devs need to stop being representatives of a company and be gamers again.
    See things from our perspective and see that limited time events should promote gameplay, but not be so elite for the few with 8 hours a day to play.
    From that perspective I see 2 masks that are reasonably easy to get a hold of, and a super special mask for the dedicated people who really want to farm, buy, or sell. In my mind's eye I feel this provides for both sides of the fence. There is also the Solstice gem/jewel/star in addition to the masks that are decidedly easy to acquire and are fun in regards to the event, so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.
    Last edited by Carapace; 07-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:722306
    From that perspective I see 2 masks that are reasonably easy to get a hold of, and a super special mask for the dedicated people who really want to farm, buy, or sell. In my mind's eye I feel this provides for both sides of the fence. There is also the Solstice gem/jewel/star in addition to the masks that are decidedly easy to acquire and are fun in regards to the event, so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.

I am one of those dedicated people you are talking about and haven't gotten a single Undead Antler Mask to drop since the begining of the event. However, friend was kind enough to give me one. The fact is, it is NOT rewarding those of us who are farming like maniacs for hours a day. There are people logging in and farming for a few hours (4 or 5) and get the drops. Where as people like me who farmed literally twice as many hours nonstop amd -never- got that one mask to drop. Its a huge problem.

The gems and bracelets are fine stat wise (depending on your builds & what you use them for) but the gems have dropped in prices dramaticly! As well as all pinks in general minus the regular level 25 pinks that (because of this event) have a boost in price. Which makes the elixirs useful to get hella pinks but are pretty much worthless for the vanities since you said before theres a "slim to none" chance of getting a vanity through a reroll. All this info came after the fact that we pretty much wasted hella gold on a gold sink that doesn't really help us profit by it. Everyone getting a lot of pinks through elixirs makes the pinks worthless in game, which also makes elixirs worthless. Especially during an event where only two masks have a fair drop rate and the rare one drops only once or twice a day.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 07-24-2012 at 03:55 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post: