My idea was to have a soldier's face and eyes staring out through a window...like a small window of a drop pod...and in the window you can make out the reflection of the battlefield, full of vular and fires/explosions...basically straight out of a scene from Halo vs Gears of War...lots of grunge and shading...would be interesting if I could make that work...doubtful, which is why I thought of this as well...

Soldier sitting down in the darker corner of the spaceship that is about to land...you dont see it landing, but it's just a backstory. Half his body is covered in shadow, the other half is seen holding up a picture that you cant entirely see through, but you can make out that on the other side is a picture of his wife and kids...gives the eerie pre-battle image of doubt and uncertainty that he'll return, wishing he could see his family one last time...

Or...Solider on a ship, much like the ones from the newer Star Wars, where he's bracing himself from falling out with one hand while standing near the edge of the open door as the ship starts to land...gazing out onto the battlefield, pointing at something with a shouting expression on his face....giving orders for the men who are about to enter the battle...

But there is NO WAY IN HELL any of those would look good on a 160x200...too many small details that would go unnoticed...only the 3rd one would have a shot.