Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A guild called "True Legend", really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I heard from a member in there it's been around for 4 days. I'm sure STS knows exactly when they made so all we can do it throw out dates like I just did xD

Basically we don't need to call out this guild alone, other too have this problem. We just need a difference in showing a guild name and title.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NotYoCookiez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    I heard from a member in there it's been around for 4 days. I'm sure STS knows exactly when they made so all we can do it throw out dates like I just did xD

Basically we don't need to call out this guild alone, other too have this problem. We just need a difference in showing a guild name and title.
    We already do, bracets ( [] ), as opposed to arrows ( <> )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    We already do, bracets ( [] ), as opposed to arrows ( <> )
    A better difference* lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    does it really matter that much, i actually saw it and was like lol thats clever
    i think its pretty funny and dont see a big deal
    What is also fun is discovering them and making them look like fools for being wannabees
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

A better difference* lol
    I honestly don't see what the problem is...any other color would just look weird with the blue name and stand out too much in town. The "True Legend" title is just a small "reward". The person purchased those items, and I'm sorry, but if you specifically purchased them JUST to have the title, well there really was better ways to spend your money ("you" as in people general, not anyone specifically). When you go buy a new car, do you buy the car for the car? Or do you buy it because the salesman gave you a little pen to take home after singing your name?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

When you go buy a new car, do you buy the car for the car? Or do you buy it because the salesman gave you a little pen to take home after singing your name?
    Depends on the pen's color.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    I was scared when I saw you posted in this thread :s

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura:723957
    When you go buy a new car, do you buy the car for the car? Or do you buy it because the salesman gave you a little pen to take home after singing your name?
    I have to agree. If they hand you a pen and they say keep it, and its the right color. Who cares about your 1000$ dollar payments on your new 2012 Corvette sitting in the lot when you have an awesome pen in your shirt pocket.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Guild names have these < > . Should br able to see its a fake just by those

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

I honestly don't see what the problem is...any other color would just look weird with the blue name and stand out too much in town. The "True Legend" title is just a small "reward". The person purchased those items, and I'm sorry, but if you specifically purchased them JUST to have the title, well there really was better ways to spend your money ("you" as in people general, not anyone specifically). When you go buy a new car, do you buy the car for the car? Or do you buy it because the salesman gave you a little pen to take home after singing your name?
    I never said change the color. Just a better difference between title and guild name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I never said change the color. Just a better difference between title and guild name.
    I just assumed, I can't think of another way to really show more of a difference:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I just assumed, I can't think of another way to really show more of a difference:/
    Vanities, Title Vanities!
    (a gigantic epic version of the regular crown for TL title)
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Me either , but I mean there has to be a better way lol. I mean I don't even have it but can see how it can be misleading. <> and [] isn't recognized by everyone, needs something that can be.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Idk how its hard to tell the diffrence
    In game looks like this on inspec page

Title: [True Legend]
    Guild: <True Legend>

It even says the diffrence so how can u get confused

And i just walked in see an i see Cappie and when u click on them it clearly sayd guild:
    Last edited by LwMark; 07-25-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Me either , but I mean there has to be a better way lol. I mean I don't even have it but can see how it can be misleading. <> and [] isn't recognized by everyone, needs something that can be.
    Ahem, title vanities!
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    What's up Comrades?

Today, I got several PM's from random people teasing me that my title is bogus. I was wondering how could they possibly accuse me of such a thing. Then, as if the PL gods heard me ask, this particular player waltzes in front of me:

Attachment 14251

Attachment 14252

So, I followed this player around...just observing. I was in CS just doing my day-to-day merching chores, I thought I might as well keep myself more busy following this interesting player. There were instances where he got praised for achieving the "True Legend title". So in my short investigation, there have been two effects of this "imitation":

1. Some people thinks the "real deal" is a bogus
    2. Some people thinks the "bogus" is the real deal

It's causing confusion (despite small in scale AS OF NOW) and that's unfair to the people who legitimately earned the title. I hope STS looks into this, renames said guild, and reprimands the guild master. It's obviously a cheap way to imitate the "Title". It couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Even if it was, it will still inadvertently diminish the value of the actual “Title”. That "True Legend" is worth thousands of platinum, millions of gold (item sets), effort, and time. Maybe that’s why they just created a guild, because they couldn’t achieve the real thing. Pardon me from what I'm about to say, for the lack of better word, but "this is cheapness at its peak". I hope devs look into this. :P

PS: I will file a report to Support. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

PSS: Titles shouldn't be able to be replicated as in-game names or guild names. :P
    No, there is absolutely nothing bad about this.
    I understand your confusion, but it's just a guild name.
    I think I might even know who is the leader of this guild.

Thing is, there are already guilds called "Gladiator" or "Paladin" made specifically so it seems like the player is paired up with the title and guild name.

Heck, I was even thinking about making a guild called Zillionaire.

I think it's fine.
    Titles for me are self-satisfication.
    I feel like I achieved something.
    Yes, they are wearable for a reason. But,
    They shouldn't be put out there for 100% "showing-off" purposes, which is pretty much the "origin" of your thread's complaint.
    Either I am not thinking correctly or there is a huge gap of understanding between your judgement and mine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Hey that post made a lot of sense to me.
    And this is something we can agree on.
    So here's my sup-port
    Hi-five me maybe

Inb4no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    No, there is absolutely nothing bad about this.
    I understand your confusion, but it's just a guild name.
    I think I might even know who is the leader of this guild.

Thing is, there are already guilds called "Gladiator" or "Paladin" made specifically so it seems like the player is paired up with the title and guild name.

Heck, I was even thinking about making a guild called Zillionaire.

I think it's fine.
    Titles for me are self-satisfication.
    I feel like I achieved something.
    Yes, they are wearable for a reason. But,
    They shouldn't be put out there for 100% "showing-off" purposes, which is pretty much the "origin" of your thread's complaint.
    Either I am not thinking correctly or there is a huge gap of understanding between your judgement and mine.
    I agree with you on two things, that you're not thinking correctly which then leads to gap in judgement between you and me. First of all, those titles are superficial, what you fail to realize are the meaning behind those titles, along with its real money cost, hence, the intrinsic value which leads to "bragging rights". There must be a "differentiating element" between the two other than those "brackets" because both represent two things that can potentially go up to $200. Why would anyone not want to show-off if they have it? Title, by its nature, is not self-gratification...it is a public notice that gives gratification as more people recognize it, otherwise, what's the point of making it seen in public? and what's the point of calling it a "title? It's like a book, the author never intended his title for his own consumption, it's for his "readers".

The "True Legend" guild represents a group of players with common interest (to imitate) that is cheap by real money standards, wherein, its intrinsic value is either catapulted or diminished by its members reputation, meanwhile the "title" represent a single toon's ability to dish out tremendous amount of platinum, gold, and time without help from any other player and does not rely on player reputation, worthy of being shown-off because only a few can have "True Legend Title", however, a lot can make a "True Legend guild". By bridging the gap between the two together with its intrinsic value, motives, and costs, confusion will take place. I have a simple question, why would someone create a guild with exact similarity to the title other than to be second-rate-copycat? :P Take note, the "bracket" you are all referring to are provided by the "game" however the texts were made identical for a reason. The "intention" to imitate is also something to look into, so what if the difference is spottable, the intention is there. This is amusing, people are dismissing a "wrong", because of the bias against the thread starter...:P

PS: The reason why I reported to Support is to find out which came first, True Legend Title or True Legend guild...I'm certain that the title came first. :P Now, if the guild came first...then I will shut up :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-26-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I agree, but honestly, just equip a different title for gods sake.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    What's up Comrades?

Today, I got several PM's from random people teasing me that my title is bogus. I was wondering how could they possibly accuse me of such a thing. Then, as if the PL gods heard me ask, this particular player waltzes in front of me:

Attachment 14251

Attachment 14252

So, I followed this player around...just observing. I was in CS just doing my day-to-day merching chores, I thought I might as well keep myself more busy following this interesting player. There were instances where he got praised for achieving the "True Legend title". So in my short investigation, there have been two effects of this "imitation":

1. Some people thinks the "real deal" is a bogus
    2. Some people thinks the "bogus" is the real deal

It's causing confusion (despite small in scale AS OF NOW) and that's unfair to the people who legitimately earned the title. I hope STS looks into this, renames said guild, and reprimands the guild master. It's obviously a cheap way to imitate the "Title". It couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Even if it was, it will still inadvertently diminish the value of the actual “Title”. That "True Legend" is worth thousands of platinum, millions of gold (item sets), effort, and time. Maybe that’s why they just created a guild, because they couldn’t achieve the real thing. Pardon me from what I'm about to say, for the lack of better word, but "this is cheapness at its peak". I hope devs look into this. :P

PS: I will file a report to Support. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

PSS: Titles shouldn't be able to be replicated as in-game names or guild names. :P
    Hello yes i created this guild and bashing my guild and me is fine buy taking screen shot of someone and publicly harrasing them on forum is wrong if you dont like something then deal with it dont have to bring it on forum, nobody here cares or need your drama, i request a forum modertor to lock this post and please give this guy a warning or ban him from forum use ty.
    Last edited by TruePlayer; 07-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.