Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A guild called "True Legend", really?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

First you want the guild name changed and rage over the similarity and now you're just asking for sone slight differentiation? Who cares?

As mentioned before (and you have chosen to ignore), you chose to spend RL money to gain that title. When we make choices in life, we must live with the consequences, good or bad. My problem with this thread is how you publicly admit you reported the guild and made such a huge deal out of nithing (again.) Who knows how many reports I have made and never once have I made a thread on forums about it. Forum drama is just that: Forum drama. Noone wants it and when you, or anyone else, brings it, be prepared for nit everyone supporting you.

Fact is, you are flaming a guild PUBLICLY because your upset they match "your" title. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you aren't the only one in game with that title and won't be the last. However, you ARE the only one who has made such a big deal about it.

As Justg said a few days ago: "It's just a game."
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Its easy to see the diffrence < > and [ ] it even says what they are when u use inspec page. And if someone doesnt know what those symbols mean yet, then well they probably dont even know about the True Legend title either. Steven Cohbear where are you!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    First you want the guild name changed and rage over the similarity and now you're just asking for sone slight differentiation? Who cares?

As mentioned before (and you have chosen to ignore), you chose to spend RL money to gain that title. When we make choices in life, we must live with the consequences, good or bad. My problem with this thread is how you publicly admit you reported the guild and made such a huge deal out of nithing (again.) Who knows how many reports I have made and never once have I made a thread on forums about it. Forum drama is just that: Forum drama. Noone wants it and when you, or anyone else, brings it, be prepared for nit everyone supporting you.

Fact is, you are flaming a guild PUBLICLY because your upset they match "your" title. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you aren't the only one in game with that title and won't be the last. However, you ARE the only one who has made such a big deal about it.

As Justg said a few days ago: "It's just a game."
    Guild rename was my initial request (still is), but the point of that request was to distinguish the title from the guild. It's like when you aim for the moon and land on the stars sort of thing.

I have not chosen to ignore that, in fact, that logic is so flawed...I thought it was a flamebait, I simply did not bite on that flamebait. When we make choices whether in RL or in-game, true, there will be good/bad consequences...however, that does not absolve the person/s or entity that instigated said consequences especially if it's bad. Sure, the effect did not favor me, I will face the consequences gladly (as if I have any other choice), but you cannot stop me from running after that person/s or entity that caused the consequences. In this case, the guild "True Legend" is causing the consequence in my complaint, I will face the consequences (obviously bad for me) because that's part of the dynamics of any society (I will also accept should the guild rename does not happen), however, you cannot stop me from running after it just because the consequence already took effect. You're trying to suppress my opinion, why? I'm not violating any rules, or am I violating yours rules? Your logic is geared towards shutting me up, any logical mind can crush your thinking.

Let's be more detailed, chronologically, my initial assertions were very diplomatic and constructive. It was these particular "flamers" (including you) that caused this "drama" to erupt. I was simply put in a defensive mode. That's something YOU IGNORE. YOU IGNORE that you've been flaming me since the other day together with several. Did anyone mention that? Isn't that part of the TOS? In fact, between you and me, you should be the one be put on notice because I've done nothing but "defend myself" from internet bullies like yourself. What? Did you expect me kiss your feet? :P

I am the only one vocal about it, that's true, but that doesn't make me incorrect. You said it yourself, by being the "bearer of bad news", I'm not the only one with this title, not now, not in the future...therefore, I am speaking on their behalf, this is not for my personal gain alone, thank you for that one :P

It is just game to me too, why? :P If you noticed, I can do this all day, it's a hobby of mine so to speak :P Why? You getting worked up after one post? :P Don't worry about me, still a game to me.

PS: Took you a while to post :P Was starting to miss your hate.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-26-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

People fail to mention that [] and the <> are moderated by the "game" and not the player. What they fail to see is the intention to copy the title. Simple question, why create a guild similar to a title in the first place? I'm sorry again for the lack of adjective, but it's a poser guild. It aims to profile their members on something that they aren't (I've seen their members, and they're not True Legend players, but they look like one now). The intent has been proven because how can the guild master not know of the true legend title when he himself is one? He was aware that he was creating a copy-cat label for other players. What do you do when you can prove that someone has the intent to do something unethical? You take notice either by reprimand or whatever sanction. You guys are covering up an unethical practice because of a technicality on brackets???? :P

I'm just wishing that they "differentiate" the names of the title and the guild, and I'm OK with it already :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I feel sorry for you man... :P
    You make such a fuss out of nothing :P
    Do you think people actually read your replies? :P
    It was all known since your first post. You are sad.

:P
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    I feel sorry for you man... :P
    You make such a fuss out of nothing :P
    Do you think people actually read your replies? :P
    It was all known since your first post. You are sad.

:P
    Why would I put weight on whether "people" read them or not :P It's for the Support Team when they do their investigation :P But thanks for participating, I'm sure they will find your post most helpful :P

PS: True Legend ??? They're getting bigger, guess who's me? :P Wow

Name:  Poser4.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  110.4 KB
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-26-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I like you :P. I will visit forums just for you :P.
    This is a troll love, i've never seen anyone like you here. :P
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

doesnt seem big to me some people that have the title are in the guild like Trueplayer
    its not against the rules to make a guild called true legend because its not inappropriate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Does it really matter that he guild has the same name as a title? Does it affect your game play? Does it change anything or give any unfair advantage to the members of this guild???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Does it really matter that he guild has the same name as a title? Does it affect your game play? Does it change anything or give any unfair advantage to the members of this guild???
    Posing as something you're not...is definitely something to take notice :P It does give its "members" the undue reputation, and the real players who achieved it, the undue doubt...so yes...there is an effect not only to me, but to others without even them realizing it...yet :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Why would I put weight on whether "people" read them or not :P It's for the Support Team when they do their investigation :P But thanks for participating, I'm sure they will find your post most helpful :P

PS: True Legend ??? They're getting bigger, guess who's me? :P Wow

Name:  Poser4.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  110.4 KB
    bullying this player is not Livemau approved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    doesnt seem big to me some people that have the title are in the guild like Trueplayer
    its not against the rules to make a guild called true legend because its not inappropriate
    It's not, but it's unethical...why would someone create a guild that bears a similar name to the title? For what purpose? :P The answer to that is what's motivating this stubborn little forumer to keep on taking notice of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    bullying this player is not Livemau approved
    I covered his name, like I said in previous post, only the guilt will give you away.

If you think there's nothing wrong with it? Why feel uneasy about it? They should come out and be proud if they think they're not doing anything wrong :P Isn't that the correct logic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Posing as something you're not...is definitely something to take notice :P It does give its "members" the undue reputation, and the real players who achieved it, the undue doubt...so yes...there is an effect not only to me, but to others without even them realizing it...yet :P
    I can see your point. What you are saying is that it cheapens the title for you. Right?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I can see your point. What you are saying is that it cheapens the title for you. Right?
    Yes sir. Plus, it gives these people "shortcut" to fame. I'm not a hater, I just don't think they deserve it...yet...I've seen several of its members and none of them are legit. They should earn the title the right way if they really want it that bad, and we don't have issues :P Also, if they take notice of Hunzzz Suggestion on putting little crowns beside the title...that will work too, anything to separate the title from the guild name, to avoid the "cheapening effect" and avoid confusion. It's all about being fair comrade :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-26-2012 at 08:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子 View Post
    I have a suggestion, add crowns to real [True Legend] players

What do ya'll think?
    Lol nice crowns I'm like the central gem in it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think the name should be changed and I am aware of the guildmaster well I should say Ive had the less then favorable experience of interacting with him over the years.
    If I had earned the title I would be livid and I know for a fact they are a new guild!
    Most people in favor of the guild name are either friends of the player or in the guild itself not exactly a partial opinion.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to modredd For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

You do realizes there also a guild name pocket legend too as the game you very play. So do you see a dev going on forum throwing a fit about it? Just cause you are upset with something there is no need to go on forum crying ranting and raging about it. Sometimes you just dont get your way, because you know what the world dont evolved just around you. So deal with it and get over it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I'm okay with you guys running a guild by that name... What I am NOT okay with is losing guildies to that. Draq, come back please !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    I think the name should be changed and I am aware of the guildmaster well I should say Ive had the less then favorable experience of interacting with him over the years.
    If I had earned the title I would be livid and I know for a fact they are a new guild!
    Most people in favor of the guild name are either friends of the player or in the guild itself not exactly a partial opinion.
    Thanks you so basicly you have a grudge or some kind issue with me as written in your post. So you also troll on forum trying cause a bigger issue? And your experience had to do with this subject?