Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New vanity pets plat cost

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

From 250 to 30 lmao, also wheres those new drops lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I'm not saying you'll get a refund 100%,but if it helps when wyldwood, elite expedition, and swamps costed (is that a word?) 5plat each to unlock, I had payed 15 total to unlock all 3.after they made them free people who payed for it with plat a week or two before it being free got refunds. I understand that not having assurance of getting a refund is quite frustrating as it is real money you spent, but trust me you wont get anywhere on forums arguing with people. Trust me I learned that the hard way. I think people like warbird are not trying to play sts, but help give you assurance that you will get a refund. Isn't people saying you will get refunded better then hearing you won't get nothing, you should have waited etc?
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 08-08-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I'm not saying you'll get a refund 100%,but if it helps when wyldwood, elite expedition, and swamps costed (is that a word?) 5plat each to unlock, I had payed 15 total to unlock all 3.after they made them free people who payed for it with plate a week or two before it being free got refunds. I understand that not having assurance of getting a refund is quite frustrating as it is real money you spent, but trust me you went get anywhere on forums arguing with people. Trust me I learned that the hard way. think people like warbird are not trying to play sts, but help give you assurance that you will get a refund. Isn't people saying you will get refunded better then hearing you won't get nothing, you should have waited etc?
    Lol i paid three plat for croc feud and after it was made free i got a Frozen crown of gratitude. It was worth it. ^_^

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Is that were the crown came from? It popped up in my stash one day never knew from what. Still got 15plat refunded too though
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Is that were the crown came from? It popped up in my stash one day never knew from what. Still got 15plat refunded too though
    Indeed. When the paid dungeons were made free, Sts indirectly "refunded" the plat cost by giving all players who purchased the paid dungeons two weeks before it was made free the Frozen crown of gratitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    I'd take more stock in your point if you didn't open it with an insult.

To respond though: your interpretation of adjusting is correct. However it may not apply in this case. If STS wasn't making the sales they were expecting, then of course they would adjust the price down. It makes good business sense to do so. That does not warrant a refund to the people that bought them previously. If STS did have a glitch in the update, and the price was set wrong, the it would be good business practice to issue a refund. But a refund is still not a mandatory thing.

In the end the buyer agreed that the item was worth X price, and paid it. The transaction is done.
    That logic only holds true only if the buyer were given access to all the information needed prior to making the purchase. In spirit, that's the intention of that reasoning to protect both the buyer and the seller, not just the seller. The buyer is protected not to give refunds on price adjustments ONLY if the buyer was able to intelligently purchase a good, from where I'm from, that's how our consumer laws protect consumers...I'm not a lawyer, but I'm a businessman, so I deal with these things like breakfast, I'm the seller, this is a very touchy issue and I've encountered countless problems on this. You need to inform your customer of everything before he/she makes a purchase for you to tell him he can't make a refund. In this case, we don't have access to information that will qualify an "intelligible purchase", so the buyer is susceptible to dangers he never knew. In the real world, people know or have an idea how prices behave and make purchases knowing these risks. While it is good business sense to manipulate prices in ones favor, it's ethical that buyers are equally informed of price tendencies as well. Without a price regulatory body, businesses can abuse this by selling things too high and unfortunately bait less informed people and later on lower their price...but not after they laugh their way to the banks. That's why we have price regulatory boards, they're the ones that identify the right prices given economic tendencies of each product. We have those things, you can't just price something because you want to, you need to follow ceilings and floors that guides both buyers and sellers. In this case, we don't have that.

To sum it all up, virtual purchases in PL or in most games are relatively blind purchases, STS acknowledges this that's why they have that "clause" I posted. It's a deus ex machina, their plot device solution. By logic, not allowing buyers access to 100% information at the same time not allow them a refund is bad business practice, UNLESS, the buying party agreed to it...which is the case now, we agreed to this clause, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's entirely correct :P You've no choice but to agree to that clause if you want to play the game :P

So I wouldn't hold on that logic on seller's discretion because that will not hold water in this case since it's a flawed argument not to mention the actual practice in selling contradicts it, but what you can hold on to is the "clause" that STS made us agree upon playing the game :P Like I said, you can forget about my reasoning, because this clause takes precedent.

Again, it's up to STS discretion (or conscience)...I'm definitely hoping I get a refund, though the odds are against it and nobody here can tell me (or us) that everything will be OK if we just wait, obviously, odds are stacked against it. So the scenario is, it's non refundable until proven otherwise, not the other way around. :P

PS: If we're also dealing with price adjustments based on economic reasons, the adjustment is TOO HUGE. Were they that off the mark? If so, somebody made a mistake in their pricing (overpriced) gap is too huge...question is, their mistake, we suffer? Of course the answer is yes because we agreed to the clause, but was it fairly executed? I've never seen a regulated good that went down that much and claim that it was caused by economies of scale. What economic event can cause your price to go down by 700%? Nothing unless you overshot it in the first place, it's their fault not ours, and we're paying the price? Unless the range of ceiling and floor is 700% (which is absurd), the liability doesn't fall on the buyer but on the seller logically speaking, hmmmm, only thing going for them is their clause, without it, I doubt they can justify this without pissing off their customers...Anyway, let's wait and see :P I'm eager to know how things will play out...though I have an idea what will happen...and I'm not really happy but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯...if my intuition proves to be correct...I may have to reconfigure my game line-up :P

PSS: Whoa I didn't notice it was this long 'till I actually posted it...sorry if it's TLR...:P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-08-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I have a question guys. Are you claiming a full refund (you also want to return the item) or just the difference?

I am asking this because, given the initial price of the vanity (the same as Dragons), some people might have bought it because they thought it would offer unique looks; not so many people would spend 250 plat for a vanity. Given the new price, well, the item is something that anyone can buy. Not so distinguishing after all, right?
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Just the difference :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Honestly there so much to complain about development here.. its all over the forums. Regardless of anything its nobodies fault but mine for investing in this game. From past experience playing mmo games for so many years I should of known better to pull out when sts started making there development based on the community request. Also my big question is why release a lvl cap expansion when it has so many bugs.. didn't anyone test this out. Not just this incident bothers me but the bad choice of releasing new content when it wasn't ready (humania). Spell que lags is bad, the global cool downs are off. Idk but to me its time to find new investment for my entertainment. Sts, u got few grand off me within 6 months hopefully people realize this is not how real mmo development is like. For being the supposed #1 mmo last year they should of took it a little more serious. Probably the only good thing out this game is the true honest people I have met and be friended but that comes in all MMOs.. if anyone decides to bounce to another mmo check my signature link and find me u can find me there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Orcnasty/simple
    Last edited by Xxbugsyxx; 08-08-2012 at 11:01 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,

Our sincere apologies for the flux in the pricing of these pets. It was our bad that the pricing went out at the 250 level and not the more reasonable level they are now. We totally want to do right by our customers and if you purchased one of these pets at the higher price, if you haven't already, please drop a line to our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com with the details. We are also working on proactively addressing the issue on our side.

Thanks, as always, for your support of Pocket Legends!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxbugsyxx View Post
    Honestly there so much to complain about development here.. its all over the forums. Regardless of anything its nobodies fault but mine for investing in this game. From past experience playing mmo games for so many years I should of known better to pull out when sts started making there development based on the community request. Also my big question is why release a lvl cap expansion when it has so many bugs.. didn't anyone test this out. Not just this incident bothers me but the bad choice of releasing new content when it wasn't ready (humania). Spell que lags is bad, the global cool downs are off. Idk but to me its time to find new investment for my entertainment. Sts, u got few grand off me within 6 months hopefully people realize this is not how real mmo development is like. For being the supposed #1 mmo last year they should of took it a little more serious. Probably the only good thing out this game is the true honest people I have met and be friended but that comes in all MMOs.. if anyone decides to bounce to another mmo check my signature link and find me u can find me there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcnasty/simple
    I know what you mean...this single event really amplifies it all...:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Thx Sam, appreciate the response.
    Cheers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Thanks Sam!

Now that is what I meant by "assurance" :P Did ye read that xxbugsyxx? :P Thanks for making this thread comrade :P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 08-08-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

Our sincere apologies for the flux in the pricing of these pets. It was our bad that the pricing went out at the 250 level and not the more reasonable level they are now. We totally want to do right by our customers and if you purchased one of these pets at the higher price, if you haven't already, please drop a line to our Support Team at support@spacetimestudios.com with the details. We are also working on proactively addressing the issue on our side.

I am not sure in what way STS is "proactively" addressing this issue. If I understand the word correctly, then "proactive" would have been understanding that lower prices on vanities would upset those that already bought them at a much higher price, and designing a mechanism to return plat to those players that would be made available SIMULTANEOUSLY with new prices. "Proactive" is not addressing an issue due the complaints and/or other actions of the affected people. That is RE-active. Thanks for admitting the mistake, but let's not pretend this a proactive response - a response, after all, cannot ever be proactive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Ladies and Gentleman* XD....lol jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Thank you Sam!! i was refunded the plat about 30 minutes ago.. greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:739479

This is why I countinue to play pl that and its a great game. I have yet to see them not handle one of my issues rightfully. I'm a reasonable person and always have reasonable request. I guess Il spend that plat faeming nuris.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Entertaining View Post
    Ladies and Gentleman* XD....lol jk
    Come on, lets be real, there are mostly Gents here. I was just being specific to the audience

Also, to follow up on this, all accounts who purchased the new pets at the higher price have been refunded for the difference to the new price. Again, our apologies for releasing these pets at the incorrect price point.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Come on, lets be real, there are mostly Gents here. I was just being specific to the audience

Also, to follow up on this, all accounts who purchased the new pets at the higher price have been refunded for the difference to the new price. Again, our apologies for releasing these pets at the incorrect price point.
    Thanks Sam for clarifying!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Yes, that would be perfect!

And thanks!
    Last edited by Smilingdaisy; 08-08-2012 at 06:25 PM.