Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible tactics to increase rate of ichor drops

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    So i was running with the same party for a bit and we decided to bring the dragonet out of the hoss room and not even touch monolith. It worked for 3 runs straight until my friend joined -.- i blame it on him lol
    Lol that must be me lol sry dude

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Originally Posted by Cinco
    You won't get more or less Ichor by destroying the Monolith. The Monolith's only purpose is to heal the Dragonet :-)

Thank you Mcbain, now we can kill this rumor wherever it pops up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lots of great theories here. I will share this, for what it's worth, I did about 20 runs yesterday only killing Dragonet and I think we obtained Ichor about 13 times.

You can rub, kiss or blow on dice for good luck before a roll, but in the end the odds remain the same. I believe they developed this quest to be ultra hard and quite honestly to make money. This quest will take you approximately 30 hours (assuming average 3 minute Forest runs) if you drop Ichor 75% of the time (this is optimistic). 30 hours x 40 plat/hour (thrasher) = 1200 plat spent. That does not include the plat you'll spend to hit 76 when that arrives in a few weeks.

Well done STS and good luck everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zKc View Post
    Lots of great theories here. I will share this, for what it's worth, I did about 20 runs yesterday only killing Dragonet and I think we obtained Ichor about 13 times.

You can rub, kiss or blow on dice for good luck before a roll, but in the end the odds remain the same. I believe they developed this quest to be ultra hard and quite honestly to make money. This quest will take you approximately 30 hours (assuming average 3 minute Forest runs) if you drop Ichor 75% of the time (this is optimistic). 30 hours x 40 plat/hour (thrasher) = 1200 plat spent. That does not include the plat you'll spend to hit 76 when that arrives in a few weeks.

Well done STS and good luck everyone.
    I've already used 2 Thrashers for the drops, will probably use a third before I run out of "spare Plat".
    Then it'll be hardcore nonelixired farming from there on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yes, the randomness equates into a good business opportunity for STS. Not only is it exclusive to level 71 players, most of whom spend plat regularly, but it throws out an almost impossible quest purely because its a random drop. People have spent a lot of time and plat already with not a lot to show for it. Not to mention how its being used to entice players into purchasing the 7 day 2x xp elixer so they can join in. Smart thinking.

Im 42/500 after 4 or 5 elixers, I can tell you it is 100% random, suggesting otherwise is nothing but wishful thinking. Hopefully they increase the drop rate when the level cap comes out otherwise this quest will take months, or more than likely I will never complete it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Why would you thrasher this map if you're already at 71? I can see using a luck elixir, but thrasher seems pointless to me.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I thrash it because it's faster, and because I join pugs allmost exclusively. There are some bad pve'ers even at that lev, if roided, I can salvage any mess. If "straight" I can't always take up the slack of some random person. I'm gonna speed through this on one toon, and cruise through it a second time on a diff. One.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I'll be lucky if I ever complete this quest with my second character unless it's a level 100.