Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My opinion on Elixirs

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    You play how you want, and I'll play how I want. I dont have hours upon hours of free time like a lot of people, and Ive got disposable income I can spend how I please.

If you don't like people thrashing, then leave the game. This game is not hard, even w/o thrasher, it just allows you to get more done in a short period of time. Stop whining.
    I agree with this 100%. I have a full time job. I've got the money, so I'll use it to try and keep up with those who can sit and play this all day and night. Plus beyond alien oasis, you can't solo the stages without steroids. Why solo? Because it is too hard to get a team to help me farm or finish quests. Or they refuse to listen when I tell them to grab the orbs when Gurgox starts growling and they grab them all right away. So I'll just thrasher and beat him with or without their help. The plus about being a bear is I can't revive them even if I actually wanted to. Right now I may even be wasting elixirs trying to get ichors if they end this quest too quickly. But I can't even keep up with the guys who already have all the ichors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Oh really? Make a level 50 account bear, solo overlord without pots, then we will talk about the difficult of the game. You say the game isn't hard, how long has it been since you haven't used a thrasher constantly?
    Why would i solo overlord without pots on a bear? Thats just foolish.

My 71 bird drizzid with 40k kills and 250 deaths only started using elixers at the 66 grind. I have a 68 bear and a 56 mage that has never used an elixer. I don't have to prove to myself that I can play without elixers because I have done so for a long time. I use them now because I like getting the most out of my time and can afford to do so.

Sure you can make the game harder by putting stupid limitations on yourself, but if im going to play a challengin game, it probably wont be on my iphone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lUp3 View Post
    I see no hope for this to change. One thing I think which could make help PvE and also not hamper the leveling up process for PvPers would be to disable kills when on elixirs. Could be a solution that works for all parties and also put an end to the kill boosting/solo runs that people do.

@Yich It would not be right to term the people above as 'whiners'. Some of us liked PvE how it used to be and when it was about skill. If something like this were to happen to PvP, I hope it doesnt though, I'd like to read your posts then .
    I can pull up some of my quotes from forgotten bow threads if you wanna see some hardcore whining.

And the only reason I want these elixirs to stick around is because all the PvEers on forums kept the forgotten bows from being nerfed. I'd love to see your fun ruined the same way mine was. Technoemail is trying to bring more strategy into the game? Pfffft, go to low level pvp and they the same thing again without LOLing...
    Last edited by Yich; 09-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Yich, How selfish can you be? You want elixirs around for no other reason than to spite the so called PvE players who ruined pvp? You do realize that that's ridiculous even it was the PvE players who caused the bows to stay un-nerfed. The reason the bows stayed is because PvP players now had a cheap weapon across the board that gave them a good shot at kills. According to some warped reasoning, this gives newer players an easier time in pvp. PvE had almost nothing to do with it.

Anyways, the point of this thread is elixirs. IUp3 made an incredible point. What if they implement elixirs in pvp? Are we supposed to lock our games and invite people we know aren't potted up? I hate elixirs personally, but if they're in PvE I see no reason not to implement them in pvp. After all, what's the difference?

The difference is that enough people will rage quit and it won't profit StS. Everything comes down to money. That's why Elixirs won't be removed and that's why we should not fear elixirs coming to pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

LOL@elixiers in pvp.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

where were all you guys a year ago when I was making rage threads about elixirs? You were probably busy buying elixirs. If you had joined up with the few of us complaining (me and gluttony and stomp mostly) maybe it wouldn't have come to this but it's too late now. Elixirs are here to stay.
    Last edited by wvhills; 09-18-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    where were all you guys a year ago when I was making rage threads about elixirs? You were probably busy buying elixirs. If you had joined up with the few of us complaining (me and gluttony mostly) maybe it wouldn't have come to this but it's too late now. Elixirs are here to stay.
    I demand credit for rage complaining about elixirs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    I demand credit for rage complaining about elixirs!
    sorry, edited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Oh really? Make a level 50 account bear, solo overlord without pots, then we will talk about the difficult of the game. You say the game isn't hard, how long has it been since you haven't used a thrasher constantly?
    I think you are misunderstanding what Drizzid is saying.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default My opinion on Elixirs

Ya profit WILL go way down. I'd prefer to not have them. It ruins gameplay.

X

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

where were all you guys a year ago when I was making rage threads about elixirs? You were probably busy buying elixirs. If you had joined up with the few of us complaining (me and gluttony and stomp mostly) maybe it wouldn't have come to this but it's too late now. Elixirs are here to stay.
    i really didnt immagine it would go that far...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    @Yich, How selfish can you be? You want elixirs around for no other reason than to spite the so called PvE players who ruined pvp? You do realize that that's ridiculous even it was the PvE players who caused the bows to stay un-nerfed. The reason the bows stayed is because PvP players now had a cheap weapon across the board that gave them a good shot at kills. According to some warped reasoning, this gives newer players an easier time in pvp. PvE had almost nothing to do with it.

Anyways, the point of this thread is elixirs. IUp3 made an incredible point. What if they implement elixirs in pvp? Are we supposed to lock our games and invite people we know aren't potted up? I hate elixirs personally, but if they're in PvE I see no reason not to implement them in pvp. After all, what's the difference?

The difference is that enough people will rage quit and it won't profit StS. Everything comes down to money. That's why Elixirs won't be removed and that's why we should not fear elixirs coming to pvp.
    I dont see the reason new players should get a next to free top tier weapon. Notice the difference in stats between artisan/expert and dark forest leathers. They arent THAT great, and the fact that its next to impossible to farm recipes at low level makes up for the difference. STS had the right idea there, now look at the difference between forgotten weapons and ANY other low level weapon. Its tremendous. Why do new players deserve a top tier weapon upon entry of PL?
    The majority of people that wanted it to be kept around are A) PvEers who want an OP weapon for farming, B) new players who dont want to lose their newfound power or C) Endgamers, the few this weapon does not affect in their main PvP level of expertise, who want a next to free weapon allowing them to PvP at many other levels for practically nothing. They care nothing for the delicate balance that was before, so I care nothing for their wasted time grinding while I get 71 in a few hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm not sure how any of this is a valid point at all.

It was a limited-time dungeon. The forgotten items do not drop anymore. What percentage of the PL population do you think qualifies as a new player in the 1 week interval when the dungeon was open and the weapons were dropping?

What percentage of the population do you think started since then and has enough gold to buy a low-lvl Forgotten bow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Right. Because you were so close to tearing down the machine

Hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    I'm not sure how any of this is a valid point at all.

It was a limited-time dungeon. The forgotten items do not drop anymore. What percentage of the PL population do you think qualifies as a new player in the 1 week interval when the dungeon was open and the weapons were dropping?

What percentage of the population do you think started since then and has enough gold to buy a low-lvl Forgotten bow?
    Thats probably a small statistic. It matters not if they were on and able to get the weapons for a drop, they are extremely cheap and easy to obtain now. Thats my beef, bro.