Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
I should have mentioned that I was not one of the people who were upset about appointing someone who was obvious about wanting to join. Politicians are subtle all the time. I'd rather see eager people doing it.

The hats went away and they were thinking of another sort of Ambassador vanity. There was a contest, but the winning idea got turned into the angelic gear. The winning idea was to have Ambassador in big winged outfits (so you could see them easily) and they would give out little wings. But it's way cooler that it became the angelic gear!!!

Fluff might be kidding, but I really did think the hats were fun! It made people want to be ambassadors, and made them want to hang out in FH once they were appointed, and it opened the door for shy people to ask questions.
Thanks for the additions, seeing it from your perspective/the way it happened, I can relate somewhat as to the dev/current Ao's. (Experience with appointing mod/GM's while also trying to reason with the Devs/Players to ensure the positions are not taken too "lightly" is pretty difficult and even more so depending on the numbers oposing or overall total within that team. (@Given to anyone that wants it)

That said, from the feedback of why Ao program worked previously, this could have surely ended with a better result than rinse - restart. (Previous members feeling let down/betrayed somewhat)

Done now, new dev, new beginning. All you can do is hope they bring back the fun that has been taken away from the position. (Nothing like given a fun reason to do something > Chore)