Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Low Drop Rates in Underworld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The new sets with them own, just saying, i can almost solo the levels not including the bosses with my bear level 74 with 71 flying set, they are wonderful, yet i still havent gotten a pink from there i like to farm there, i have only run underworld 10 times and seen 4 pinks in those 10 runs
    IGN Husafadar, Brizeekial, Demonichild, Demonicbehr, DuhDictator... ^Noperly22's Graphics Sig Design SHOP^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Um, what? You're saying that if pinks have a 1% drop rate, then purples must have 0.2%. Whatever thread it is that "did the math" is just plain wrong.

Talking ballpark figures, if pinks drop at a 1% rate, then purples would be more like 5-10% range depending on the map. If you're on a Shamus elixir, then purples automatically equal pink, so your chances of getting a drop have jumped from 1% to 6-11%. In other words, from one-in-a-hundred to somewhere approaching the one-in-ten range. If you ask me, that's a more than "significant" change in odds.
    If the drop rate for a pink is 1%, but you don't get a pink, 100% re-roll would simply guarantee a second chance at getting a pink effectively doubling your chances. When you double 1%, you get 2%. The one thing you're forgetting is that I arbritrarily chose 1%. Nobody knows for sure what the actual drop rate is except devs and I'm pretty sure it's way less than 1%. One correction I need to make is that those 25% and other xx percentage luck elixirs would take you from 1% to 1.xxx%. If having a 100% elixir simply added 100% to your chances, pink drop rates wouldn't matter, you'd always get it if the monster had it in his table AND dropped something.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ogbuehi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You can join my HIGH DROP runs 5Mil a run
    AresxDamage ( 76 ) ~ AresxHeals ( 60 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    If the drop rate for a pink is 1%, but you don't get a pink, 100% re-roll would simply guarantee a second chance at getting a pink effectively doubling your chances. When you double 1%, you get 2%. The one thing you're forgetting is that I arbritrarily chose 1%. Nobody knows for sure what the actual drop rate is except devs and I'm pretty sure it's way less than 1%. One correction I need to make is that those 25% and other xx percentage luck elixirs would take you from 1% to 1.xxx%. If having a 100% elixir simply added 100% to your chances, pink drop rates wouldn't matter, you'd always get it if the monster had it in his table AND dropped something.
    Thx alot! this helped tremediously
    AresxDamage ( 76 ) ~ AresxHeals ( 60 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    That math isn't correct, according to how 100% luck actually works. When you have 100% luck, you always get the next higher level of item, unless a higher level doesn't exist. For example, if you loot a pink, there is obviously no re-roll since nothing is above pink (except in the special case of the Humania elite map). However, if you loot a purple, it automatically re-rolls to pink, just as green re-rolls to purple, orange to green, etc. Therefore, if the percentage for looting a pink is X, and the percentage for looting a purple is Y, then your overall chances for looting a pink when on Shamus = X + Y, because either one results in you ending up with a pink.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky