Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2012-11-12 Content Update (107697)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Do we keep platnium? I got on today and i was so mad no platnium came on any of my 14 characters.. ( I actually have LEVELED THEM only one is lvl 11 Fail pvp bear rest is 35+ so therefore i didnt take advantage by making extra accs. I did it for fun. THen when blessing came along with platnium offers it was great! When i got x 3 combo go level!! When i got platnium LETS RACK IT UP i said. When i got x1.5 combo i say.. nope not good day to play PL only to merch.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    If ur guna do that might as well add founders in to,maybe the shield of gratitude and some cops
    Done! Wait...

J/k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I swear make daily blessing so you can get vainty PACKS AND VAINTY from platnium store..

Yep i think you should do vainty packs a mix of 3 vaintys from platnium store.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email:851241
    If ur guna do that might as well add founders in to,maybe the shield of gratitude and some cops
    Done! Wait...

J/k.
    Hahhaha , TE just a fyi i saw someone in Balefort named Technoehotmail ahahha thought it was funny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Ty soooooo much for the new antennas!!! I <3 them!!!

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #86
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Hahhaha , TE just a fyi i saw someone in Balefort named Technoehotmail ahahha thought it was funny
    An imposter??? I'm flattered!

On the topic of the gameplay implications of the Daily Blessing changes, per Aressgodxx's post, I really liked having plat and gold on Daily Blessing because these rewards were important enough to make me remember to come in and collect it. However, the gameplay intent for Daily Blessing was to incentivize folks to get in game and play with their friends, everyday. The old Daily Blessing system was ineffective to that end. I was not motivated to use my free 24 hour elixir, because I felt like I was missing out on collecting Gold and Plat for my other characters. I was disappointed with this aspect of the system. I understand the appeal of collection mechanics and enjoy them when done well. However, I play PL for entirely different reasons than a Ville-style collection game.

The elixirs are a more effective reward for our gameplay intent. I agree that they are less effective than free Plat for getting me in-game, but the Plat rewards are not effective for getting folks to play together online. C'est la vie! We will continue to iterate on this system. If you are interested in playing with your friends, leveling or grinding for loot, a free stacking 24-hour elixir will help you to that end, whether or not you have money to spare for Plat elixirs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Techno Email For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    Here's what I posted in another thread about a way to handle this that doesn't mean taking away gold and plat altogether. Maybe the ship has already sailed at this point, but hoping a dev will read and consider if I put it here.

I would think they could just make one daily blessing award per account. That is, you collect on time with any toon and you get that one thing. If it's plat, you get that one payout of plat. If gold, same thing. If elixir, it's same elixir on all toons. If vanity, you get one vanity. This way it's completely irrelevant how many toons you have. And any kind of reward is still fine to give out, including gold, plat and anything else, because it won't ever be multiplied lots of times on accounts with hundreds of toons. In other words, reward the account, not each toon.

I suppose those people who have nothing better to do than create a bunch of email addresses could still farm gold by making tons of accounts. If that's a concern, then just restore plat and not gold rewards. After all, plat can't be traded, so having a million separate accounts each with a little plat doesn't help them.
    You could technically trade the equivilant of the platinum that you exploited. You could go to the lady in Balefort Castle that sells gold for platinum and buy some. You could then perform a dual log-in and trade the gold that you bought with platinum to your other toon. You couldn't actually trade the platinum, but you could use the platinum that you get to exploit the gold even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    An imposter??? I'm flattered!

On the topic of the gameplay implications of the Daily Blessing changes, per Aressgodxx's post, I really liked having plat and gold on Daily Blessing because these rewards were important enough to make me remember to come in and collect it. However, the gameplay intent for Daily Blessing was to incentivize folks to get in game and play with their friends, everyday. The old Daily Blessing system was ineffective to that end. I was not motivated to use my free 24 hour elixir, because I felt like I was missing out on collecting Gold and Plat for my other characters. I was disappointed with this aspect of the system. I understand the appeal of collection mechanics and enjoy them when done well. However, I play PL for entirely different reasons than a Ville-style collection game.

The elixirs are a more effective reward for our gameplay intent. I agree that they are less effective than free Plat for getting me in-game, but the Plat rewards are not effective for getting folks to play together online. C'est la vie! We will continue to iterate on this system. If you are interested in playing with your friends, leveling or grinding for loot, a free stacking 24-hour elixir will help you to that end, whether or not you have money to spare for Plat elixirs.
    Everything is cool, but...some people need to buy inventory slots, reset stats, auctions slots, vanitys from store (like my fiancee buys sometimes), dragons to sets (or maybe no, please tell if they change stats to rings, for me is out of reach now, but somebody will be happy) etc. etc.
    Now everybody say: Your adult so buy platinum. I bought a small amount of those in past, but first important knowledge about my situation is: 1 USD = 3.5 zł +/-. So You spend 100 $, me like 350$. Second important knowledge is: I got many home budget spending so I can't afford for platinum. When was Tapjoy I earned like 500 platinum for this game to this time. W3i is dead...
    Blessing was my only source of platinum and hope. I know important thing: this is only game, but I would be grateful and others if something will be done more ;-) So: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
    Sorry for my dull english ;-P
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gibol1412 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

What about those who bought the Red Antenna for 20 plat when it was on DotD? Refund?

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

hi dev can you delete an 'exploitable' elixir..? like 1.25 xp, 1.25 armor, 1.25 damage..it just thrash..!

and last my daily blessing reward i got soooooo much ton of plat... i got 1 PLAT.. c'mon someone want 1.25 gold ?? i give it free...just say 'exploitable' to me

and last one request can you make new promo code? 'exploitable' , and can you tell me how to give 1.25 gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thumbs down I'm not for exploitation but I'm not big on greed either

My opinion is that I think it's foolish to implement a blessing none of us asked for and then when a few people exploit something you take it away?
    personally I have plenty of money if I want to buy platinum I'm not going to fool around with the daily blessings like a lottery hoping and praying!
    I'm sure some kids really enjoyed getting that platinum and I can't believe you cant take the time to figure out a way to maybe give blessings to only 5 characters on an acct when some people have 12-20 toons or make the chances of winning Platinum less.
    Just to take away platinum and or gold completely is not fair.and while I do not agree with exploitation some kids want to be cool so bad and want to level up so much cause in this game its all about status,how many kills,how you look. Etc..
    The expectation on them or from orther players is to want to be the best and then to not expect them to do something like this when you offer a free bonus I think it was setup to fail.
    Do it for 7 days or 10 but I am all for free platinum other then the free wall! And 30 platinum will not stop old timers like me from spending $90.00 and 30 plat only costs you $5.00.
    We've given you a lot of money and I think it's only fair to give back I just don't agree with this and it really bothers me because I know there are kids that don't have credit cards that don't have the money nor even the access and I know it's just a game but it's really a good game an animazing game and it's better than doing drugs it's better than being a derelict and I think is just unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I won't join the complaint department here, but I had thought over how the game mechanics may work for organizing the data. Since all character data is stored server-side, I'm certain that there is a way to quickly run a function that can determine which character is the highest level on the account (hint:it's already used to sort the list in the character-change menu). Just run a determination when submitting the 5th Day blessing and see if that character is the highest on the account, then only award plat if it is. This could be done similar to using luck for a re-roll calculation, but done on a explicit scale.

There is a loophole in that someone could easily have multiple chars close in level that they could switch and gain some XP to get above the last character to get the 5th Day and get it. I will note that this does achieve people playing, per Techno's consideration, but it's still a loophole and the solution is simply to create a close-off for 4:23:59 after the award is collected.

Free gold still an issue? Set a maximum to be gained per account per unit-time. Hell, set a maximum of 30 plat to be gained per 5 days per account.

If the purpose of these Daily Blessings is only to increase the regular playing of any given player then a simple suggestion is to give 3X elixirs far more often. This does mean less Thrashers will be purchased since they apparently don't really stack with a 3X, but you can resolve this issue by maybe giving another combo elixir with a 50% chance of class-specific loot and/or Shamus-style luck bonus on a similar rarity 3X elixirs are currently on.
    AL: Surai - L20 Sorcerer, and Odr - L20 Warrior
    Yes, BriannaRae is my wife - don't be jealous!
    (Retired) PL: Khahl - L76 Sword-Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    Done! Wait...

J/k.
    Yay! Wait......jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fact 1: STS allows users to create multiple toons.
    Fact 2: STS allows each toon to receive a daily blessing.

And yet several of you have the nerve to accuse fellow PL community members of "abusing" the game?

Newsflash: DEVELOPERS CREATED THIS GAME AND ITS RULES.

If a player chooses to create new toons intent on increasing his chance of winning platinum, it's his prerogative--no rules have been violated or circumvented.

Exploitation? Pfffft. Please people...get a grip.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

NO MORE PLAT? NOOOOOO. Well that just sucks *Gives up hope of Christmas or Thanksgiving items*