Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AL better than PL??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It seems pretty damn fun, I got the name 'Lethal' and I'm a Rogue .

What is a game but a reality within a reality, to escape from reality.
    Visit my Graphics Workshop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I would disagree, Id say PL requries more strategy - bosses like red dragon, vlod, gold fever, gurgox require a lot of strategy otherwise youre finished. However with AL, you can solo a boss if u know how to do it, lots of people get OHKO'd because they stand in the boss' attack zone (red light) but i soloed half the bosses by kiting/spamming pots, not really a group strategy. I do like AL, but im a PL homie say nada.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

When I said less strategic, I was not referring to the battle part. In pocket legends there is large parts of the game that have little to do with battle. For example, I'm a merch. Pocket legends seems very oriented towards gear, fashion, stats, and economics. And in my opinion, the battle part itself is not very action oriented compared to many other games. The battle is somewhat simple, not like an action game but more like a traditional rpg.

From reading about arcane legends, it sounded like it was more like an action battle game, i.e. the fighting was more in depth with more detail, and perhaps that was a much bigger part of the game. I guess I was asking if that was true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

No. PL is better. AL can't touch it. But that's just one person's taste. (Note: at my age, change is harder to accept. I didn't like DL at first either. Now I love it. So consider the source.)

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I honestly think they all have strengths and weaknesses like he only issue about AL is the camera rotation. Its so weird having no camera rotation but its nice that the chase camera isnt choppy and delayed a little like the option in all the other games.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

safe to say that pl is un touchable?
    IGN Husafadar, Brizeekial, Demonichild, Demonicbehr, DuhDictator... ^Noperly22's Graphics Sig Design SHOP^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I just have so much time invested in PL already, that it would take a HUGE improvement to get me to play another game. I also still really enjoy PL, so I can't imagine leaving unless I started to get bored with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I just have so much time invested in PL already, that it would take a HUGE improvement to get me to play another game. I also still really enjoy PL, so I can't imagine leaving unless I started to get bored with it.
    Yeah, that about sums it up for me. It might be a different story if I had been introduced to STS games through DL or SL first, but since I was playing PL long before the others even came out, it's kinda hard to get interested enough in another game to make it my "go to" over the one that started it all. Sure, PL may have its faults (every game does), but to me they haven't yet improved on the overall playing experience of PL with any of the other games so far. Plus, having been around much longer, PL has so much more content that I find it easier to get bored with the other games.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

What I like about AL is:

Gear: you can use different sets of gear at all levels, it's plentiful and actually useful. Different gear gives different stats per how you want to play. you can strengthen your character by going all str (warrior) have the damage, health and not worry about hit % being affected. The gear is class specific and to Pl people that seems restrictive but here it's not the case at all.
    Skill tree: you can pick which ones to unlock when you receive points (leveling) unlike Pl where you have to be at a certain lvl to unlock skills and skill points only make them stronger damage or buff wise. This opens you up to having a specialized type of class and in combination with gear makes you more custom amd effective.
    Pets: by far my favorite thing! They actually level and you can work to get them by doing quests or even looting them. There's some to be bought with gold others with special coins (daily/haunted) or the usual Pl way (plat) but you can't buy em all with plat so the wallet warriors can't necessarily just.buy em all with a simple click. They hatch and you raise them, from lvl 1 to max cap. They level up too, simply put. and also learned skills and become stronger.
    Elite mode: a harder alternative to easy mode, you won't be soloing these bosses and the loot is superior.
    Quests: lots of em!

Overall much better gameplay, thought, dynamics.

IMO Pl has become a noob proof game for kids. They have taken a money driven make everyone happy style game. If you cry enough about unfair they strip you of your hardwork so even the laziest noob that knows nothing and does nothing can be equal.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsolutePally For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

SL and DL did not interest me at all, but AL isn't bad, to be honest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default AL better than PL??

I lost interest in PL a few months ago..... So I dunno if I really count (I've been with STS since pl launch though) and I love AL more than PL ATM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

They both have their ups and downs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

PL is my home, pull me out if possible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

prob not possible mulit nor i you know this
    IGN Husafadar, Brizeekial, Demonichild, Demonicbehr, DuhDictator... ^Noperly22's Graphics Sig Design SHOP^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Yeah, that about sums it up for me. It might be a different story if I had been introduced to STS games through DL or SL first, but since I was playing PL long before the others even came out, it's kinda hard to get interested enough in another game to make it my "go to" over the one that started it all. Sure, PL may have its faults (every game does), but to me they haven't yet improved on the overall playing experience of PL with any of the other games so far. Plus, having been around much longer, PL has so much more content that I find it easier to get bored with the other games.
    My thoughts exactly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    One word: yes.
    ^^ This

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I would switch to AL permanently if the camera angle wasn't locked.. it completely ruins the immersion factor for me.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carter View Post
    I would switch to AL permanently if the camera angle wasn't locked.. it completely ruins the immersion factor for me.
    This will most likely be changed.

Anyways, AL's going to be the game for me.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As a 2 year, hardcore player of PL, I am more than capable of saying this....

I find it funny how people continue to say PL has more content than AL. One hour of AL play should show anyone who plays with an open mind just how much PL is lacking in both content and creativity. PL cannot hold my interest anymore. With AL, the daily quests alone can take a couple of hours of my time and I don't even realize it. I feel as if I have ran a marathon after 2 hours of playing PL.

Not to mention the randomness of drops and chests from literally anywhere. Look for my in depth analysis later tonight... if I can pull myself away.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    As a 2 year, hardcore player of PL, I am more than capable of saying this....

I find it funny how people continue to say PL has more content than AL. One hour of AL play should show anyone who plays with an open mind just how much PL is lacking in both content and creativity. PL cannot hold my interest anymore. With AL, the daily quests alone can take a couple of hours of my time and I don't even realize it. I feel as if I have ran a marathon after 2 hours of playing PL.

Not to mention the randomness of drops and chests from literally anywhere. Look for my in depth analysis later tonight... if I can pull myself away.
    I have to agree with this. You can tell that when they put it on the drawing board that it would be the most creative and dynamic game that they made.

They listened to us. Look what they did with pets! What they have done with quests, items, and boss strategies.

I think this is sts big game. I'm saving up to retire with a blue dragon and swift
    set and heading over to AL. Who knows if sts will keep us happy. I think sts is definitely listening now and all I have to say is good job.