Again, I think people are missing the point on this thread. Yes, the issues will DEFINITELY disappear for next season, but what we are talking about is THIS season. What I am trying to point out is that the patch unofficially ended Season 1. Because of the disparity between the timer system pre-patch and post-patch, there is basically nothing you can do to beat the current records. Now whether this change was inadvertent or not, the lack of advance notice prior to this patch irritated a lot of people because they weren't able to get one last desperation shot at the leaderboard.

To put it more simply, think of the leaderboard as the cap vanity. You are 500 exp away from getting your elite vanity and you decide to put if off until . The next day, STS plugs in the next elite cap without advance notice, so you end up missing on the previous vanity. Wouldn't we all be pissed? Wouldn't everyone be clamoring as to why they did not warn the people about this?

We are talking about Season 1 folks. It doesn't matter what system we start off at Season 2 because everyone would be starting by the same rules and mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post
i agree with most of the stuff that has been said but for season 2. not all gamers are created equal so u can get the lvl playing field notion out of your heads. What will the excuse be going forward when the same names are there every season!!!

Because believe me and remember this post they will be.
Not all gamers are created equal? Sure. But what does have anything to do in creating an even playing field?
Nobody is making excuses. The argument is that because of the patch, it basically grants current record holders a lock on their spot, but people were never notified in advance nor do we know whether this was intentional or not. Take note that S2 won't be here till at least a week or two, and everyone would want tho use that time to challenge the records. Yes I do agree that the current leaders will always have a leg up on the competition, but again, that's not the point.

I think you either misunderstood or never read the first post. I suggest you go over it again.