Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My pvp story,and question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Default My pvp story,and question

I tryed pvp shortly after starting this game back in 2011 and quickly got a beat down, called names and other bad things. So I decided that wasn't for me and stuck to pve where we have a common goal, pinks, quests, leveling up. I read the forums every morning before work to try to stay on top of my game. I read one morning someone's post how fun lv 35 pvp was,so after 2 years I thought I would give it another chance with my 35 rhino. Same problems, this time I had a guy stand over me and kill me before I could even get up( funny I know) and he kept saying "give me your weapon and ill stop" that was enough to send me back to pve telling my self " I should've known better than to try that again" . So on to my question , where's the "fun", spam a few skills and say " gf "? I just don't get it. Please shed some light on this for an old man and thanks for reading this.
    Crazyoldcoot.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hey Coot,

I'm an End game pvper, and it's really fun. We're a pretty close community (were the only cap that plays CTF games regularly) over there. I do understand if you're not willing to pay some plat to level up, so I highly recommend you pick a level area, read some guides on it, get the best gear, and earn the players respect.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I do understand if you're not willing to pay some plat to level up,.
    oldcoot has multiple capped toons.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Hey Coot,

I'm an End game pvper, and it's really fun. We're a pretty close community (were the only cap that plays CTF games regularly) over there. I do understand if you're not willing to pay some plat to level up, so I highly recommend you pick a level area, read some guides on it, get the best gear, and earn the players respect.
    I have 3 caped toons, bird bear, mag, maybe I'm not hanging with the rite people idk
    Edit, I'm working on the other 2, fox 73 rhino 54
    Last edited by Oldcoot; 02-26-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oldcoot View Post
    Hey Coot,

I have 3 caped toons, bird bear, mag, maybe I'm not hanging with the rite people idk
    Edit, I'm working on the other 2, fox 73 rhino 54
    Then find a solid guild - get to know them, PvP with them, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Id steer clear from levels 10-20 if you're particularly light-hearted...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

I think twinking is more fun then endgame, last night Me Sandcave Appeared Proboss Trinity and Moreavian had a level 30 CTF game and it was a blast. I think its only fun if you pvp at a balanced level...just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Id steer clear from levels 10-20 if you're particularly light-hearted...
    If by " light hearted " you mean thin skinned , then yes, I get mad bro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

And using an elixir to 1 shot mobs is fun? I have exactly 0 fun leving! Pvp takes strategy, skill, timing, and knowledge. Pve you can just spam skills (obviously there is a little order but it doesn't really matter) Where in pvp you have to time your debuffs save your drain or your stomp or how to do a successful kit etc... It's so satisfying to win after a long fight. I love pvp

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    And using an elixir to 1 shot mobs is fun? I have exactly 0 fun leving! Pvp takes strategy, skill, timing, and knowledge. Pve you can just spam skills (obviously there is a little order but it doesn't really matter) Where in pvp you have to time your debuffs save your drain or your stomp or how to do a successful kit etc... It's so satisfying to win after a long fight. I love pvp
    I see your point, pve has a lot of button mashers, but when a good group does it right its sweet. Bear pulls m together , bird sticks m with thorn wall and blast shot, and mag finish m off with a nuke, gota love that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I tryed pvp shortly after starting this game back in 2011 and quickly got a beat down, called names and other bad things. So I decided that wasn't for me and stuck to pve where we have a common goal, pinks, quests, leveling up. I read the forums every morning before work to try to stay on top of my game. I read one morning someone's post how fun lv 35 pvp was,so after 2 years I thought I would give it another chance with my 35 rhino. Same problems, this time I had a guy stand over me and kill me before I could even get up( funny I know) and he kept saying "give me your weapon and ill stop" that was enough to send me back to pve telling my self " I should've known better than to try that again" . So on to my question , where's the "fun", spam a few skills and say " gf "? I just don't get it. Please shed some light on this for an old man and thanks for reading this.
    Crazyoldcoot.
    I don't know that you know this or not but gf is good fight.
    Spacetime added PvP So that we can test our skills by battling others, which was meant FFA( Free for all ) that means when you join a PvP game, your aim is to kill the opponents in the other team. But I don't remember clearly though, there was a system introduced of 'go' after 1 or 2 week PvP started, it wasn't famous that time but it became popular and all the players who PvP follow it. It's basically when 2 players are ready to fight with all their buffs etc. ready they say go. Mostly it starts when 1st person say 'go?' or 'call' which literally means to other player that "are you ready?" So for a ex I will show you a conversation
    Person X - Y go? or he says call Y
    Person Y - Go or he says wait.
    Then when they finish the fight usually people say Gf ie. Good fight.
    Then sometimes to get free kills or get frustrated people do a certain things referred as 'rush'. ( But literally PvP was meant to rush but people feel it wrong now )
    Rush is not following the go system or killing without calling.
    That was brief introduction hope you liked it Most probably you know this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chiti View Post
    I don't know that you know this or not but gf is good fight.
    Spacetime added PvP So that we can test our skills by battling others, which was meant FFA( Free for all ) that means when you join a PvP game, your aim is to kill the opponents in the other team. But I don't remember clearly though, there was a system introduced of 'go' after 1 or 2 week PvP started, it wasn't famous that time but it became popular and all the players who PvP follow it. It's basically when 2 players are ready to fight with all their buffs etc. ready they say go. Mostly it starts when 1st person say 'go?' or 'call' which literally means to other player that "are you ready?" So for a ex I will show you a conversation
    Person X - Y go? or he says call Y
    Person Y - Go or he says wait.
    Then when they finish the fight usually people say Gf ie. Good fight.
    Then sometimes to get free kills or get frustrated people do a certain things referred as 'rush'. ( But literally PvP was meant to rush but people feel it wrong now )
    Rush is not following the go system or killing without calling.
    That was brief introduction hope you liked it Most probably you know this.
    Go is for noobs. gf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I kinda wish pvp had bleachers where I could sit and watch you guys go at it and cheer for ya! Gladiator style arena, and baybe pick up some pointers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldcoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I kinda wish pvp had bleachers where I could sit and watch you guys go at it and cheer for ya! Gladiator style arena, and baybe pick up some pointers
    You still can, depends on the people in the arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

If you hit me up in game on Zeus, Apollo, Poseidon, or Vvitty, I'd be glad to teach you everything you need to know for PvP personally.

It'll be 1v1 tutoring sessions, so lemme know when you're free.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

i have had that problem before. i got comfortable in 61-71 pvp, now i rarely get rushed/teamed and if I do i've made friends to help me out. You just have to be a familiar face in pvp. At least thats how i think of it.
    N W A

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I'd say end game PvP has the best community feeling.

Twinking has lots of the "small clubs" in which the famous players in specific twinking lvl kinda dominate the lvl area doing whatever they wish as no one will stand up against them due to getting teamed by those small clubs constantly.

I myself began seriously PvPing at endgame during Fang cap got close to the big guys unpurposely, got invited to Unity and suddenly became invulnerable to getting into situations in which I would've been cornered unwillingly.

Choose ur PvPing lvl, be there do things as u do and u will eventually become known, join a good PvP guild and ur worries are over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I'd say end game PvP has the best community feeling.

Twinking has lots of the "small clubs" in which the famous players in specific twinking lvl kinda dominate the lvl area doing whatever they wish as no one will stand up against them due to getting teamed by those small clubs constantly.

I myself began seriously PvPing at endgame during Fang cap got close to the big guys unpurposely, got invited to Unity and suddenly became invulnerable to getting into situations in which I would've been cornered unwillingly.

Choose ur PvPing lvl, be there do things as u do and u will eventually become known, join a good PvP guild and ur worries are over.
    This is pretty much the gist of it, Oldcoot.

A large factor that plays into PvP is earning others respect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

horrible story old man... said with love - but the lower levels all seem to be that way for me i have always done pvp or ctf at capped or close wtih my charters- there is much less of that in the capped levels... if you ever need help with skills set up or such - you on my friends list i would be glad to help ya.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Well, with such support( might take some time to build my courage back up) I might give it another chance.
    Thanks, and much love Coot.