Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-28 Content Update (114745)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    For goodness' sake, give the devs some time. Balancing, managing and expanding an MMO is a lot harder than you might think. These accusations are, in my opinion, rash and disrespectful. I can certainly understand some people being upset, but I'm sure STS realizes a business model based on 'forcing' customers to pay by breaking the game won't last.

Very glad to hear this! I was disappointed to find out how often I can't maintain aggro even with 3 taunt skills.
    Don't you understand, this comments of us about the latest patch gives an idea to devs of what's the problem. And for yourself, this is a forum. Comments and ideas are generally accepted to make the game more interesting. Disrespecting? Wake up from your senses!
    Last edited by telstra; 03-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by telstra View Post
    Don't you understand, this comments of us about the latest patch gives an idea to devs of what's the problem. And for yourself, this is a forum. Comments and ideas are generally accepted to make the game more interesting. Disrespecting? Wake up from your senses!
    As I already stated, it's fine, encouraged even, to point out what you think needs to be fixed. That is not what I was talking about. I was criticizing the accusations about STS purposely breaking elements of the game to make people spend more platinum. In my opinion, those are rash statements that are disrespectful to the devs' hard work and don't make much sense to begin with.
    Last edited by Shaukei; 03-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

did someone say nerf sorceres omg. lol. think i need a drink!!!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mafiainc42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shaukei View Post
    As I already stated, it's fine, encouraged even, to point out what you think needs to be fixed. That is not what I was talking about. I was criticizing the accusations about STS purposely breaking elements of the game to make people spend more platinum. In my opinion, those are rash statements that are disrespectful to the devs' hard work and don't make much sense to begin with.
    But every time they rebalance it it just gets worse. Look at how many posts some of the people on here have. We're not new people who have just come here to rant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

this new update is good but why al making so hard for farming if so hard never mind but make less mob even very hard n i completed all elite maps get achivement but without loot mythic or arcane item dont too stink to give those item and i spend alot plat for those thing but upset.This elite skull cove even update told not too long but still too mant mobs, pls make less mobs and during captain bloodhammer on life pls stop mobs to help him,players very tired to take long way kill boss pls understand now many players so boring to do farm n do elite only they like do elite jarl coz short time n easy.. I support space studio with sl game because i want enjoy n get fun so pls make al game more enjoy game not suck game realease more mythic n arcane item so when players get those item they will happy

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post

That's why we do small changes instead of large ones, watch the data, play test and then adjust again. It's an ongoing cycle that will probably never end. World of Warcraft is about a decade old now and they're still adjusting PvP balance. It won't be quite as difficult for us since we're not as deep and have as many classes etc but it's still not easy.
    No disrespect man but I'm calling bs on u referring to what happened to rogues as a small change. Lol.
    Also, I've said before, u guys really need to stay off ur in house servers and stop pvping each other. Go in game and play real pvpers who know what's going on.

That's just what I think will help pvp but I don't really care anymore. I'm a rogue and I'm tired of spending money respecing every time someone whines about rogues damage. I'm playing pve only now and since I don't need the best gear for pvp now I'll be playing AL much, much less.

It's been obvious to everyone pvping that the problem is warriors shield and mages lack of damage. If u get 2 warriors in the same game who rotate shield then all they have to do is shield, vengeful, ribbit and windmill. Everyone knows this that's why most games end up being 6 warriors clumped up in the middle. If u would take away their shield and buff up mages (from where they were they're fine now) then everything would have been fine. But now U've made it so rogues are completely useless.

This update has ruined pvp and u guys should have known it before it was ever rolled out. Even if u fix it anymore I'm not buying any more respecs (and I have 700 plat so I'm not being cheap). It's just the principle of it. It seems like ur making changes every two weeks just to have us spend plat respecing to figure out something that works and I'm done with it.
    Last edited by wvhills; 03-01-2013 at 10:36 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    I agree with Wvhills,

Also, not being able to get the achievement without LOOTING it is just to sell platinums also.
    Spending 10 million gold on an item but no achievement = Absolutely NOT reasonable.

Hammerjaw did grant the achievement. At least, why on earth did they change that? Oh, need to sell more platinums.

Like if it wasn't enough? Why no purchase confirmation? That's a BIG deal already.

After all these years with StS, it is officially my first time being REALLY disappointed.
    I Agreed with your statement i do what update news told but nothing loot or drop spend so much plat but upset ,I advice STS if what sell yours plat more make those thing easy the get when ppl spend and get what have you promise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    But every time they rebalance it it just ets worse. Look at how many posts some of the people on here have. We're not new people who have just come here to rant.
    I'm not saying the game is balanced. It's not. Yet.

But routinely dissatisfying your customers is a bad business model, and I'm sure STS knows that. No matter how valid your criticisms on game balance, I think accusing them of trying to force players to spend more platinum on respecs is just jumping to conclusions. It's far more likely that the problem is just that balance is hard.

Keep in mind many players don't even bother with respecs, let alone 100+ plat worth of them.
    Last edited by Shaukei; 03-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Although I won't give away any numbers, Sorcerers were actually nerfed the least for PvP.
    If you look at the dmg output, I agree (since aoe has less importance, where lies the true purpose of mages)

But:
    -Mages lost most of their stun skills compared to pve or had them nerfed (100% freeze vs some quite low %)
    -Shield is repeatedly nerfed, and as we level up it becomes even weaker, yet I have not seen any changes to increase (or make it linked to lvl or dmg) total dmg reduction. I wonder if at lvl 31-36-etc, will it still be 500 hp points?
    -Mages biggest skills is stun, which have been greatly nerfed by a huge immunity (though I agree with eradicating stunlock, 7.5s is a really long time, often fights dont last that long)
    -With a normal attack hitting around 150, skills 300 and lighting criting 500-1k(+ for some lucky ones) we are expected to stand a chance against warriors with 4k hp, 1k armor and who hit 1k with each swing of their windmill? I honestly didn't mind 1 hit ko from rogues, it made sense. Rogue's would hit high on me if I was caught without my shield, but when I got it, I could fight them well. That's why rogues are rogues. And mages die once their shield runs out. Warriors hitting high is just absurd, I know you guys said windmill is working as intended, but I just have a hard time accepting the fact that for a class with the highest hp and armor you also assigned the highest dmg output..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I'm pretty sure rogues right now feel a little bit nerfed than before - no biggie on this, yet the buff of those tanks makes it hard for me to swallow ;( Good job though for the new update!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

sorry guys, i have little different opinion about geting achievement by buy mytic and arcane rarity gear from someone, if we can get achievement by buy then i prefer just borrow to my friends who have it and done, i get achievement without losing a single gold nor plat. And i think all my guild mate will have achievement when just 1 get it. That achievement special and exclusive and i want still like that, you get it by luck not by rich, even you can get it by open crate with plat but still you need luck to get it. That just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Warriors must have a nerf. There is no other alternative...... Period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I've been withholding judgement on pvp rebalancing until you guys were finished with the new cap. Figured you guys were too busy to properly fix the issues everyone has been reporting. I am now expecting a warrior nerf and mage buff in the very near future. To continue to ignore these glaring imbalances would make me question the competency of the STS staff. Or wonder if you even care. Please don't let us down. I really enjoy this game, but once you hit the level cap, there is nothing to do but farm or pvp. And mages are the worst at both. For the first time since I started playing this game, I'm considering just walking away.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

reef farming ruined...all other kraken maps too hard even for my 300dps minions are too tough..well.. back to jarl.. only map farmable since game release.. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    If you look at the dmg output, I agree (since aoe has less importance, where lies the true purpose of mages)

But:
    -Mages lost most of their stun skills compared to pve or had them nerfed (100% freeze vs some quite low %)
    -Shield is repeatedly nerfed, and as we level up it becomes even weaker, yet I have not seen any changes to increase (or make it linked to lvl or dmg) total dmg reduction. I wonder if at lvl 31-36-etc, will it still be 500 hp points?
    -Mages biggest skills is stun, which have been greatly nerfed by a huge immunity (though I agree with eradicating stunlock, 7.5s is a really long time, often fights dont last that long)
    -With a normal attack hitting around 150, skills 300 and lighting criting 500-1k(+ for some lucky ones) we are expected to stand a chance against warriors with 4k hp, 1k armor and who hit 1k with each swing of their windmill? I honestly didn't mind 1 hit ko from rogues, it made sense. Rogue's would hit high on me if I was caught without my shield, but when I got it, I could fight them well. That's why rogues are rogues. And mages die once their shield runs out. Warriors hitting high is just absurd, I know you guys said windmill is working as intended, but I just have a hard time accepting the fact that for a class with the highest hp and armor you also assigned the highest dmg output..
    100% agree, i hope staff notices this..
    Last edited by Mladen; 03-02-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You just answered yourself why it's so hard to balance PvP. In this thread there's about 5 posts saying that the Sorcerer is useless in PvP, yet you say that you have no chance against them. Even in house it's not easy for us to find the correct answer to all the different ways you can be efficient with a class in PvP. Some of us are better at a certain class than others, some of us are better at PvP in general. So we test against each other and might get completely different results than you do.

If we just went ahead and made changes based on a majority of today's forum posts, we would significantly nerf Warriors. If we instead based it on just your post, we would buff rogues. If we based it on my play results today, we would nerf Sorcerers.

That's why we do small changes instead of large ones, watch the data, play test and then adjust again. It's an ongoing cycle that will probably never end. World of Warcraft is about a decade old now and they're still adjusting PvP balance. It won't be quite as difficult for us since we're not as deep and have as many classes etc but it's still not easy.

I realize that. Still what effectively is a good time to wait for the balance to come? I have been around the road in mmo's for a long time. I have seen good re-balancing and pathetic re-balancing, this would be in other games in other decades. AL is the first of your games that I have played. I also had the unfortunate pleasure of being in a game where they would not balance the class because a large majority of paying customers played a certain class. Quite frankly it led to their downfall too because the people finally said enough was enough. You can research back on it as well.

Well if you decide to make changes on forum posts then there are other issues involved. I would assume you would take the guidance of forum post and then internally test them. I would hope that your test team could make unbiased decisions based on their testing of the environment.

I also have a warrior and a mage. My levels are 25, 21, and 18. I just happen to like my rogue the most, well until the most recent update. Which has made it quite a bummer on my side. My K/D ratio on my rogue is something akin to 5000/5400 so I am not a pro I play it for fun.

Since you have mentioned a game, I will state I have never played WoW. I started paying online games in 1985 prior to that I did a few BBS games and helped the local mods with their setups. This was back when a 2400 baud modem was all the rage. The mmo to me came in with Sierra Online. From that I played Asherons call and was one of the people who happen to start up the largest Monarchy they had seen. I believe it was 4000 strong when I left with a few others to Dark Ages of Camelot. I played that for 6 years with many different sets of guilds. From there I broke off to Warhammer Online in which balance issues where incredibly lame. After that fiasco I swore I would never pay for another game again. AL was the first game since that period that I ever paid for or shelled out money from you sponsors. My wife got flowers for Valentine's day yet they messed up the order and she never received them. Go figure.

No offense but my job is not easy as well. Imagine dealing with the IRS everyday of the week.

I guess bottom line. The fun went away. I enjoyed the month or 2 months that I have played. Your pvp kept me here.

I don't know if your budget allows it or not. Most of the time the best answer to pvp is from the players themselves in a test room, not the developer.

Anyway this post and the other was not meant to be in a hostile mode. I hope you did not receive it that way. This was just the first game in many years that I had high hopes for. The good thing is I could go to my daughters' different events and play. A 4 hours dance/piano recital is quite long, yanking out my phone or tablet to play was a wonderful way to have the time go by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Still no patch.. I quit..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by telstra View Post
    Still no patch.. I quit..
    What patch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default problem

Why im hv posible problem for login game?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thatsit i quit pvp untill warriors get nerfed.. am sick of their healing horn, juggernaut, hammer stun..and that spinning hammer.. since pvp first came i never could kill a warrior, now its even more terrible.. i have 621 armor, 2300 health 286dps, skills: lightning.. fireball, frostbolt, lifegiver.. it all means nothing.. first when i see a warrior..uses jugger..stuns me with a hammer and 20hp gone, uses spinning hammer and it hits me twice and am dead.. if by some luck i stun him and within 3 seconds do as much damage possible he just uses healing horn which heals 400hp every 1.5 seconds.. what chance do you have? i mean really i notice that spinning hammer does 1k damage per crit hit.. what for? the strongest class 3700hp 1100 armor you assinged the biggest damage output also.. how do you expect a mage to do that kind of damage?...
    rogues have 1.5k or even 2k dmg per aimed shot crit.. warriors have healing horn..jugger.. and all other things i said.. what do mages have? 3 seconds stun which works after 7 seconds after first stun.. usually fight doesnt last that long.. crit hit maybe? yeah.. if u got a lightning strike skill and if you get lucky to make a crit shoot with our 1% or 2% crit.. and i see a post in one of devs posts that by he's gameplay mages should be nerfed..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I wonder to say..hammerjaw should got achievement when opened it
    And rogue mythic look really ugly