Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Loot Distribution in the Kraken Isles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't mind STS to earn big fortune, after all it's their right after making a good game. I just feel that the way they make money now is destroying their own precious hard work only. Players' experience (at least for me, a mage) is thoroughly neglected, and this is what defines a good game.

There's certain limit to MMO difficulties due to its nature. If people is joining randomly for a elite game now, I bet over 90% are not able to complete the level. My longest experience yesterday: 1hr36mins for Elite Skull Cove with random players who strive to the very end. Can you understand now? You expect a person with handphone to play more than an hour for a level? You got to be kidding..

Back to Sorcerer's pathetic stats, I am playing with two warriors, and another mage in Skull Cove yet we have died countless times. Oh yes, somebody is going to jump out and said: well, your technique problems, nothing else. Well well well, then I have nothing more to say. good luck for playing in mage group for Skull Cove and remember to use plenty of plats for reviving on spot (to become a dedicated player if you want to) and drink gallons of potions, if you even have a chance to grab it. I die in less than a second with 1900hp and more than 650 armor. This is not whining/complain. This is a true reflection to what has changed.

Congratulate me for getting an Epic item after the long battle.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meanakric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by just comment View Post
    4 mage in elite = LOL ;p
    even for a war, their best tank skill is GREEN POT !!!
    Believe it or not, a team of 4 mages will do well in elite and will barely have to use any pots except against the boss.
    Iacito My guess: 2900

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iacito For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iacito View Post
    Believe it or not, a team of 4 mages will do well in elite and will barely have to use any pots except against the boss.
    I know the best runs I had in the old elite maps were with all mages, nothing moves, nothing attacks, we just kill them. Problem is, most mages don't know that or don't know how to properly control the mobs and group them together.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iacito View Post
    Yes, nerf them! </kidding>

I still hope there will be explanation about Abyssal Flamberge n Slicing Flintlocks. What's the use of that weapon?
    Heartseekers failed in the 1st season, demonblades/villanous blades in 2nd, depraved and flintlocks in 3rd? I honestly would like to see benefit from different weapons in different situations, for example, X-weapon for great aoe effect, fit for pve, Y-weapon for better stun, can be used in pvp or bosses, Z-weapon for crit/dmg but you have less hp/armor. 'Proc' attribute supposed to do it, but it's failed on rogue's weapons. The only melee weapon - Lifethiefs, f o r e v e r.
    Perhaps, it's time to move

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

So... back to the OP.... I really like that various items drop on specific maps. That's a great thing about PL that keeps people farming all sorts of different areas. Here's one suggestion though* -- instead of dropping each class's items on different maps, go back to PL system where one map drops armors, one drops weapons, etc. That way you motivate good mixed teams.

Otherwise, I think it's a great direction. I'd like to see it expanded to include regular pinks. I'd also like to see pinks drop outside of chests, but maybe that's just me. I much, much prefer seeing items drop than chests. I'm not very clear why that change was made. I guess it is useful so you can trade and sell chests, or give to lower/higher level chars and they can open and scale any items -- is that it?

*Unfortunately, since you invented the PL system I'm sure you must have considered it and chosen not to reproduce it here. Reconsider?
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    So... back to the OP.... I really like that various items drop on specific maps. That's a great thing about PL that keeps people farming all sorts of different areas. Here's one suggestion though* -- instead of dropping each class's items on different maps, go back to PL system where one map drops armors, one drops weapons, etc. That way you motivate good mixed teams.

Otherwise, I think it's a great direction. I'd like to see it expanded to include regular pinks. I'd also like to see pinks drop outside of chests, but maybe that's just me. I much, much prefer seeing items drop than chests. I'm not very clear why that change was made. I guess it is useful so you can trade and sell chests, or give to lower/higher level chars and they can open and scale any items -- is that it?

*Unfortunately, since you invented the PL system I'm sure you must have considered it and chosen not to reproduce it here. Reconsider?
    That's a good idea and it would solve the balance issue between classes. It would also help me not to feel neglected and ignored... And maybe I would stop doing elite runs with my rogue and get back to mage...

PL has many great things that AL could use, but some of them we will never see (respec, etc, etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoho View Post
    Yes, nerf them! </kidding>

I still hope there will be explanation about Abyssal Flamberge n Slicing Flintlocks. What's the use of that weapon?
    Heartseekers failed in the 1st season, demonblades/villanous blades in 2nd, depraved and flintlocks in 3rd? I honestly would like to see benefit from different weapons in different situations, for example, X-weapon for great aoe effect, fit for pve, Y-weapon for better stun, can be used in pvp or bosses, Z-weapon for crit/dmg but you have less hp/armor. 'Proc' attribute supposed to do it, but it's failed on rogue's weapons. The only melee weapon - Lifethiefs, f o r e v e r.
    Perhaps, it's time to move
    I'd like to know this aswell. Been testing slicing flintlocks of brutality lvl26 for a couple of days now and it seems my lvl21 agile lifethief of potency outdps them. And by outdps i don't mean on statscreen (which is also true though) but simply my elite runs are faster with the same group if i use alp instead of sfb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

sts rocks... they made this game!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just thought I would point out that it doesn't really matter which item you get as a drop or for which class it is. If you get a rogue weapon instead of a mage weapon, then just sell it and buy the one you want. The consignment shop is there for a reason. I just don't get it. It sounds like you are saying that you must loot every single armor, helm, weapon, ring and amulet that you intend to use... which makes no sense. Rarely have I ever looted the items I intend to use. I just loot stuff, sell what i looted, and then buy what I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Just thought I would point out that it doesn't really matter which item you get as a drop or for which class it is. If you get a rogue weapon instead of a mage weapon, then just sell it and buy the one you want. The consignment shop is there for a reason. I just don't get it. It sounds like you are saying that you must loot every single armor, helm, weapon, ring and amulet that you intend to use... which makes no sense. Rarely have I ever looted the items I intend to use. I just loot stuff, sell what i looted, and then buy what I want.
    Me too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Who knows how to make a new thread?

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaokaban View Post
    Who knows how to make a new thread?
    Here you go, fellow singaporean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	25567
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SuRfY For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This is all nice and correct but you are missing the point a bit (or just ignoring it).

Let's assume for sake of simplicity, that there are only 3 weapons in the game, one for each class. They are distributed as stated in this post. You are a mage and you want the mage weapon, but you decide it's easier to just farm the first elite map for flintlocks. The cheapest of these is 39k, but the best ones go up to 800k (current cs pricing). Or try farming flamberge for warriors, which is 8-25k. Also each of those there are about 15 cs entries. Clearly, chances are you wont loot the best rogue item (1 of the 12 items (3x2 for each class) is really expensive only) so you'll make 20-50k at the weapon you sold in average. The you look for your sorc weapon. There is only one kraken skewer in cs, 600k and it is a lvl 25 stability, clearly not even the best. And then you are disappointed...

I know it's a lengthy and oversimplified example, but by farming for the other items, you wont be any better. There are not enough ppl crazy enough to farm elite skull cove, because it is not worth the effort you put into it. Even if you finish in 20-30 minutes you waste a ton of pots and plat possibly, only to have even the slight chance for a drop. I don't think anyone is doing that. If you're a rogue or a warrior, your items are on easier maps so you don't go there, if you're a sorc you are too weak to go there, and anyway better off farming elite jarl or seas.

I am not saying I wanna loot every item. Far from it. Nor am I saying I should. All I'm saying, that this is a prime example, where one class is put at a huge disadvantage vs the other 2 by the location of its class relevant drops. And that's all I would like to see, that classes are treated as equals and kept balanced. Yes it is the new rogue content, but it does not mean that everything should be favoring rogues only. While others just get ignored and given impossible tasks...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genuinous For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    This is all nice and correct but you are missing the point a bit (or just ignoring it).

Let's assume for sake of simplicity, that there are only 3 weapons in the game, one for each class. They are distributed as stated in this post. You are a mage and you want the mage weapon, but you decide it's easier to just farm the first elite map for flintlocks. The cheapest of these is 39k, but the best ones go up to 800k (current cs pricing). Or try farming flamberge for warriors, which is 8-25k. Also each of those there are about 15 cs entries. Clearly, chances are you wont loot the best rogue item (1 of the 12 items (3x2 for each class) is really expensive only) so you'll make 20-50k at the weapon you sold in average. The you look for your sorc weapon. There is only one kraken skewer in cs, 600k and it is a lvl 25 stability, clearly not even the best. And then you are disappointed...

I know it's a lengthy and oversimplified example, but by farming for the other items, you wont be any better. There are not enough ppl crazy enough to farm elite skull cove, because it is not worth the effort you put into it. Even if you finish in 20-30 minutes you waste a ton of pots and plat possibly, only to have even the slight chance for a drop. I don't think anyone is doing that. If you're a rogue or a warrior, your items are on easier maps so you don't go there, if you're a sorc you are too weak to go there, and anyway better off farming elite jarl or seas.

I am not saying I wanna loot every item. Far from it. Nor am I saying I should. All I'm saying, that this is a prime example, where one class is put at a huge disadvantage vs the other 2 by the location of its class relevant drops. And that's all I would like to see, that classes are treated as equals and kept balanced. Yes it is the new rogue content, but it does not mean that everything should be favoring rogues only. While others just get ignored and given impossible tasks...
    Fair enough. People farm based on the potential for reward. If the reward is great enough, folks will farm skull cove. They did it in the first campaign farming elite rooks nest for malison and kettle eggs when they were going for 1m each. Problem is right now you can just farm south seas and get chests which sell for a lot. But as prices on those drop, more folks may look elsewhere to farm.

I'm lucky in that I did elite skull cove once and dropped the kraken skewer of brutality. I then attempted to sell it and the most that was offered was 1.5m. So obviously there is not that much demand for that item when we have rogue weapons that drop from Jarl selling for 2m. It's the simply rules of supply and demand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

skull cove wouldnt be so tough if warriors could hold aggro.. which sts will improve on, just one step at a time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Elite is intended to be just as the name implies. The Design Team is continuing to look at feedback and how users are playing. I believe there are more refinements in consideration of your complaints.
    This not elite but this cruel game i need drink a thousand pot hp to completed all elite aka cruel game pls pls do something before too many quit this game become bored when u making too long

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Petition:

Guys please can you do something about damage of rogue weapons?
    Arcane having low damage why do we want to have rare weapon that is being outperformed by a lvl 25 Agile Lifethief of Potency?
    Why are lvl 26 weapons being outperformed by its lvl 25 counterparts?

Can't you just bump Blackbeards Hook damage a bit? It was supposedly "The Best" weapon that we should have right? Some of us that are aiming for the best items in games those that are willing to pay Millions or buy plats just to get the best items wants to min-max their stats meaning even though it is a small uprgade on our stats we are willing to pay a high price..

Problem with this Arcane weapon is it only have 108dps compared to 111Dps for LvL25 Agile lifethief of potency and 118 dps for LvL 26 depraved weapons... It sucks that you cant get the highest dps number on you Avatar page.. Yes i know that it has -15% armor proc but picture a fellow rogue higher dps and is also benefiting on that effect.. I know it sounds a bit selfish but wont you feel a lot fullfilled if because you have worked hard to get this "very very rare" arcane weapon that you now currently have min-max your char meaning you have achieved max damage for your rogue char.. Or do you want to feel like "Yes" you are helping your entire party by giving ur enemy a -15% armor loss but now this lvl 26 rogue that got lucky on Elite Jarl drop is now out damaging you because he have a LEVEL 25 Weapon that burst out higher damage than your supposedly very rare weapon..

Its just sad for a gamer like me that wants to achieve max everything ingame even though a small difference in stats cost a couple of million gold... =( it does not feel right to be honest

Some gets satisfaction in PvP ingame
    Some gets satisfaction in earning tons of gold ingame
    And some of us just wants to get the best out of our character..

Different goals same reasons because we get satisfaction if we achieved our goals =(

****Dont get me wrong having the bleed effect and -15% armor proc is great since iam a team player and wants to perform the best for the party for every run, i always carry 1k+pots 1k mana i use all my skills as much as i can .. I even respec to a very DPS oriented build disregarding defensive skills just to output the best DPS that i can to shorten farming time.. It's just that i feel a bit cheated that i worked hard for this item but it is being outperformed by a lvl 25 legendary weapon =(
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-07-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Balance coming out roughly next week.
    Petitions are against t.o.s.
    Check forums first

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    Petition:

Guys please can you do something about damage of rogue weapons?
    Arcane having low damage why do we want to have rare weapon that is being outperformed by a lvl 25 Agile Lifethief of Potency?
    Why are lvl 26 weapons being outperformed by its lvl 25 counterparts?
    blah-blah-blah
    I disagree.
    Lifethiefs vs others issue will be fixed soon.
    About arcane having better dps/dmg - perhaps, but then it shouldn't have better proc, or it will ruin balance for others (the weapon that is possessed only by lucky ones shouldn't be OP). It's exclusive and will be best after fixing lifethiefs, and having one teammate with such weapon benefits the whole team - good enough as I see it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Proc is in a bit of balance to be honest we are not breezing trough elite sea run just barely cutting a few secs in our time and i really like the fact that the proc benefits the whole team. What 's bothering me is its damage output being outdamaged by a measly lvl 25 weapon wont you be a bit saddened that this weapon that supposedly "is the best" rouge weapon is sub par compared to a lower lvl lower rarity weapon..

Edit: Having bleed affecting entire mobs is a bit of a double edge sword since i get most agro most of the time good thing that i dont cringe on using multiple pots in one run.. When it lags thats where problem starts agro+lag and bein a dps does not go well
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-07-2013 at 07:39 AM.