Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - New Exploration Maps and Balance Refinements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Again here the complaints are of the same usual form that is "Everyone must be able to achieve everything in the game in a short period of time or else it is too hard". Sorry, but that is just plain old boring if it ever becomes like that.

There should always be some things in the game that NOT everyone can achieve even if they put in tons of time, and then there should be things that can only be achieved by those that put in tons of time. Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break. You can still have fun playing 10-15 minutes on your lunch break, but don't expect to be able to finish all the dungeons, don't expect to get all the achievements, and don't expect to have top quality gear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They could introduce a pvp stat that is on gear obtained through pvp.. You could use normal gear but it wouldn't be as effective in pvp, even if stats are much better than that on the pvp gear. You could maybe get pvp coins through pvp wins which can be used to buy various levels of pvp gear, starting with a cheap common set, all the way up to maybe an arcane set which would be near impossible to get (so everybody and their mother doesn't end up getting it). This is similar to resilience in World of Warcraft.

It seems to me that this system of adding a 'PvP' stat to gear, wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Again here the complaints are of the same usual form that is "Everyone must be able to achieve everything in the game in a short period of time or else it is too hard". Sorry, but that is just plain old boring if it ever becomes like that.

There should always be some things in the game that NOT everyone can achieve even if they put in tons of time, and then there should be things that can only be achieved by those that put in tons of time. Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break. You can still have fun playing 10-15 minutes on your lunch break, but don't expect to be able to finish all the dungeons, don't expect to get all the achievements, and don't expect to have top quality gear.
    *clap clap!*

-Vys

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Big giant blue crab...familiar....Big ghost pirate shark with a sword, also familiar.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

@energizeric- talking about my post? I don't it makes it that much easier. It just gives you a different route than grinding. If you had to travel around to different places to do quests and get 25 xp and the zone was only 100 xp but the stuff is more spread out than W4. I think people can still grind W4 type places for the fastest xp, but adding 600x from new quests in a new expansion, plus the option for 50 bonus xp per day isn't a lot. It just is another avenue to reaching your goal. You can take the straight line or the longer curly line. The only thing it adds to everyone would be the few initial 1 time turn in quests for ~650 xp /35k needed to max. Thatiswhere less than 2% of total XP. In full MMOs doing quests is just about the only way to level.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    @energizeric- talking about my post? I don't it makes it that much easier. It just gives you a different route than grinding. If you had to travel around to different places to do quests and get 25 xp and the zone was only 100 xp but the stuff is more spread out than W4. I think people can still grind W4 type places for the fastest xp, but adding 600x from new quests in a new expansion, plus the option for 50 bonus xp per day isn't a lot. It just is another avenue to reaching your goal. You can take the straight line or the longer curly line. The only thing it adds to everyone would be the few initial 1 time turn in quests for ~650 xp /35k needed to max. Thatiswhere less than 2% of total XP. In full MMOs doing quests is just about the only way to level.
    I wasn't responding to your post, mostly the ones before it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm at about my wit's end on endlessly grinding to 26 by running Hauntlet over and over and..... over and over. Hopefully this'll bring some much needed variety to the leveling process.

I know the game starts at endgame really but not everyone can grind to cap in a day (the "Top 50 first to 26" thread is just sad) and i am thoroughly NOT enjoying my playtime right now.

I'm forcing to log on because i do enjoy PvP but i need to get to cap and geared for it to be enjoyable. Sigh.

At least if running the new maps was worth something...but no I have to collect useless lvl 15 gear while leveling up.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lol @ energizer whatever its spelled. This is not WOW or starcraft or anything like that. Its a mobile based app game. Literally thats what it is. It should be treated as such. Simple as that. Im glad u r passionate to the point of trying to convince others, seriously happy for u. But once this game reaxches the point its no longer fun in passing to the point the casual player loses their OCD over it. Half the player base will drop off just like all other sts games. It is what it is.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stackz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Please consider changing the Dead Seas map so that it doesn't auto start like after 15 seconds. It takes like 10-20 tries to even have a team of 3 together to ATTEMPT the elite map. Frustration to the max.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nerola View Post
    Please consider changing the Dead Seas map so that it doesn't auto start like after 15 seconds. It takes like 10-20 tries to even have a team of 3 together to ATTEMPT the elite map. Frustration to the max.
    Agreed, You should have to talk to the NPC to kick it off...(once you have your team together)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

No where did I say that. I was giving one man's opinion. I never understood the concept of time = success in an online game. I always thought that was bogus.

I don't have top gear. I don't expect too unless I shell out a ton of money to buy money and then buy them in the AH. That's not my style.

I want balance in PvP. I at least want a chance instead of my arrows shooting behind me and hitting nothing when the person is right in front. I don't want to be jump spin one shot by a warrior. Yes I have 2k health.

I don't want to spend 1 month+ to get 26k exp. It took me 10 days to go from 20 to 21. I was fine with that. I was still wearing my level 20 gear in PvP at 21.

Anyway, It doesn't matter if they want to listen or not. I am expressing an old man's opinion. It's their game and whatever they do is their choice. I happened to enjoy it for the first few months and would share why I don't.

" Sorry, but your effort should at least be somewhat proportional to your success in this game. If someone does play 8 hours per night, then they should achieve more than the guy who plays for 10-15 minutes on his lunch break." Like I said we will disagree on this point. It also depends on what you define as success. If you want top gear sure I will go for that. If you are talking about a chance to compete then nah I do not agree.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Syylent For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    the 26000 XP needed for lvl 26 is only 58 trips into W4 with a +50% elixir. At 6-10 minutes per run (6 good group/guild, 10 crappy pug) is ONLY (sarcasm} 5.8-9.67 hours, with no deaths. If you die and the group doesn't wipe, then you can add more time.

This could make the game a lot less monotonous and grindy feeling by giving the quests more XP to where you get decent XP from quests
    Boss Kill quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 5
    Non boss 1 time quests - (your level or difficulty level Level) * 3
    daily quests - your level * 1

This way doing dailies would grant decent xp, etc.
    To get from 21-26 I believe it took (1600+(2600*3)+26000) = 35400 XP. 21-25 is nearly 50% of 25-26, so add another 3-5 hours.

• The KI quest chain involved 5 Boss kill quests and 1 mob kill + now 2 dailies which could have been (using difficulty level of 21-25 per new zone), 105+110+115+120+125= 575 for boss quests
    • 3*lvl 21 for the initial kill quest that you get from the guy in Windmore for 63 XP.
    • 50 / day for the 2 dailies at level 25.

It's a moderate amount, not too excessive but i think a very useful change that could be made to make the game less of a grind. It would make dailies a bit more exciting when you are trying to get to that max level. Obviously the people that hit max in 8hr won't use dailies, but the people taking there time or that can't sit and play for 8 straight hours because they work or have babies can still get there without being bored to death in W4. I think honestly the multipliers (1-3-5) i used could be even higher like 3-6-9 or 2-4-8 respectively
    Math seems right. Have you been in a crappy pug lately? Warriors wanting the rogue to tank? The mage busy petting his tank. A heal.... I doubt any crappy pug tank or mage knows what a heal is.. I chug 50 health potions just to get through one. Crappy pugs give new meaning to crappy.

Still I get more like 300 exp per run which is more like 87 trips. Then waiting time for a crappy pug. Yeah probably should join a guild only have met one that really peaked my interest. The rest have whiney members in them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i'm not sure if you are talking to me here or not. I get in good and crappy pugs and my guild is just fine. I don't mind chugging pots, i have to as a mage.

I don't think the XP in the game makes much sense. XP goes up with each expansion, but the XP per run (of W4) goes down. In full scale MMO's you the XP goes up, xp from kills go up, xp from quests go up....it all scales...In STS games they go in opposite directions..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Lots of folks here keep saying they just want good gear so they can compete in PvP. Well, I don't understand why you pursue endgame then. Why not pick a level (16 or 21 maybe) and just stay at that level to PvP?? Then you won't have to worry about ever leveling up and you won't have to worry about getting new gear every 2 months. There are plenty of people at twink levels doing PvP.

The reason STS is never going to change the game to your liking is because PvP represents only a small portion of the game, and for the most part very little of their revenue comes from PvP. And those players who play 15 minutes per day are not driving this game, it is indeed those players who play for 8 hours. Making the suggestions you ask for happen would result in most of those players leaving for another game since they would become bored very quick. Unless there are new things to do to fill hours each day, people who have that much time to play will become very bored.

I can't speak for others, but personally what drives me to play every day is the constant quest for better gear and the leaderboards. I want there to always be better gear available no matter how much I play. There should always be rarer and more exclusive gear available. That's why I'm glad they added the mythic and arcane items. No I don't have any mythic and arcane items yet, but I hope to in the future and that drives me to succeed in the game.

This is the last I'm going to argue about this same issue. I obviously have a difference of opinion with a lot of folks, so I guess we will see what STS does. I just feel like you are complaining about things that don't really affect you. It's as if you are saying "since I cannot have arcane and mythic gear, then nobody should be able to have it" or "since I cannot complete a certain dungeon then that dungeon must be made easier". But there are plenty of easier dungeons out there. I just don't understand the need to have everything in a short time. Why can there not be something for both folks that play 15 minutes per day and those who are more hardcore players?

Does it bother you in real life that some folks drive a Ferrari and you cannot afford one?? For me it motivates me to try to be more successful so maybe one day I can achieve that. Same goes for the game.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-07-2013 at 11:59 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I can't speak for others, but personally what drives me to play every day is the constant quest for better gear and the leaderboards. I want there to always be better gear available no matter how much I play. There should always be rarer and more exclusive gear available. That's why I'm glad they added the mythic and arcane items. No I don't have any mythic and arcane items yet, but I hope to in the future and that drives me to succeed in the game.
    This!^^

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lots of folks here keep saying they just want good gear so they can compete in PvP. Well, I don't understand why you pursue endgame then. Why not pick a level (16 or 21 maybe) and just stay at that level to PvP?? Then you won't have to worry about ever leveling up and you won't have to worry about getting new gear every 2 months. There are plenty of people at twink levels doing PvP.

The reason STS is never going to change the game to your liking is because PvP represents only a small portion of the game, and for the most part very little of their revenue comes from PvP. And those players who play 15 minutes per day are not driving this game, it is indeed those players who play for 8 hours. Making the suggestions you ask for happen would result in most of those players leaving for another game since they would become bored very quick. Unless there are new things to do to fill hours each day, people who have that much time to play will become very bored.

This is the last I'm going to argue about this same issue. I obviously have a difference of opinion with a lot of folks, so I guess we will see what STS does. I just feel like you are complaining about things that don't really affect you. It's as if you are saying "since I cannot have arcane and mythic gear, then nobody should be able to have it" or "since I cannot complete a certain dungeon then that dungeon must be made easier". But there are plenty of easier dungeons out there. I just don't understand the need to have everything in a short time. Why can there not be something for both folks that play 15 minutes per day and those who are more hardcore players?

Does it bother you in real life that some folks drive a Ferrari and you cannot afford one?? For me it motivates me to try to be more successful so maybe one day I can achieve that. Same goes for the game.

My last post on this. Since when is voicing your opinion complaining. I think you have your definitions messed up.

I really don't care what kind of car you drive, Ferrari or beater. I don't care what your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or next door neighbor looks like. I don't covet what others have.

So I leave them with what I enjoyed about the game and what I now do not enjoy. No complaints just opinions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    My last post on this. Since when is voicing your opinion complaining. I think you have your definitions messed up.

I really don't care what kind of car you drive, Ferrari or beater. I don't care what your wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend or next door neighbor looks like. I don't covet what others have.

So I leave them with what I enjoyed about the game and what I now do not enjoy. No complaints just opinions.
    If I may say something all opinions are complaints because they don't like what they see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

For all those whining about how hard it is to grind to 26 (or any elite cap), why is it so important?

Please explain to me what content you are unable to play at 25 that requires you to be 26? The stat gain from 25 to 26 is marginal, as is the quality of the gear. This isn't WoW where you need to be capped to raid and get raid lewtz. So why does it matter?

My rogue is 26, warrior 25..and shocker....I can do the same content with both toons! I really have no desire to grind to 26 with him. The only thing my warrior can't use is the mythic helm, but hey, if I magically had one of those I imagine that would light a fire, eh?

The elite cap is designed for those players willing to put the time in to get there. If elite maps were locked until level 26, then yes your argument might have merit but that is not the case.

Seriously, just make another toon and level it to 25, or think of the grind to 26 as exp while leveling pets..believe me, getting a pet to 25 when you are 26 is very, very boring.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:995939
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:995586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

More maps and bosses to kill? Sweet. What will be some of the drops?

The drops are still being worked on. We will have a closer look probably later this week.

Nice! Thanks to the dev team for busting their butts on this in a short time. I know I can be a pain & many of us get on your case a lot (perse) but we mean well lol. Besides, its the only way to let yall know how we feel!

That being said... Can yall please focus more on the player base thats not all about plat? I mean come on, yall are pushing it lately.. Hitting a very thin line. It feels like that line will be cut soon. x.x Considering the survey that was sent a whiiiiile back regarding subscriptions and what we want.. Etc... Im beginning to think yall are heading that route & preparing us for it while testing us to see what type of reaction you'd get.... >_< *analyzing a lot* lol

Focus on freeloaders instead of plat buyers.... Not profitable.... You may think they are making al fir your amusement but i assure you its all about the benjamins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope someday there could be a vending option that everypeople can look at what you are selling. so u can just wait it is better than standing and saying you are selling :< because auction eats all our money