Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Graphing the Curve

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Bear in mind there were also some large events in there, including Ursoth's Assault, Halloween, and Winter.

Edit: Oh and we definitely hear you and understand your frustration. If I could snap my fingers and make the expansion arrive right now I certainly would. I think Remiem will have some screenshots and info to share very soon.
    As someone has stated in another post, the average player grinds his way to platinum tier and then plays a little bit here and there the rest of the event.
    The problem with new expansions is they lose replayability value very very quickly too, doing the same 5 new maps over and over again for loot that barely covers the expense of running them is really frustrating.

I have asked remiem if we will see any changes to the pvp system any time soon. The short answer is no. That really pissed me off. I asked remiem to go to ctf and see the chaos that is going on in ctf right now and she laughed it off. Actually she went to ctf and said she was called a noob but thats not the point.

The point is Pvp has great replayability value but its a mess in its current state. I get that pvp doesnt bring the company any money at least not directly but thats not a reason to overlook all the problems with it. When i am saying problems i think of people ruining other players experience by free flagging, blocking games, dummy farming ect.

Also what good is a new expansion when i don't even have the best items for the current expansion. If anything a new expansion is in my disadvantage because new items means more time i have to spend figuring out ways to get a little bit of gold and get at least the current average gear.

Arcane legends should stop trying to be something that it is not. And it deffinitely is not a full blown pc mmorpg. Its a pocket mmorpg that tries too hard to be like the big guys. Spending years farming for items that get outdated with every expansion is a joke. Didn't you guys get tired of being called pay to win? You are not even hiding it at the moment.

The benefit of a new expansion to the game right now is marginal. You are really overestimating the amout of pve runners in the game. Im pretty sure there are more people doing pvp levels 1 trough 41 than elite maps at any time of the day. Not to mention the bugs that will be introduced with the new expansion that will again take 1-2 months to solve.

Now i don't really know how this expansion will be but i can't have really that high hopes for 5 new maps and a new town.

I think this has been stated before that sts is not really a techy company and doesn't really deal well with adding stuff to the game that requires coding. My guess is and correct me if i am wrong is that gfx designers and animators are employed by sts and you are outsourcing the coding part to another company. I can understand that since a good coder is 2 times more expensive than a gfx designer but it is a really bad business model.

This game had great potential and maybe still does but bad management, poor decisions, lack of coders in sts team, time wasted on useless stuff put the game in a position where even sts i don't think it wanted to be. When all the gathered frustrations will explode it is going to be a rolling stone and if the majority of your f2p player base decides enough is enough and leaves i don't think even the most avid plat spenders will stay here to watch the game die if they have nobody to play with.

On another note, i appreciate g-m taking the time to reply to some of the posts today, this is not as common of an occurence at it should be.
    Last edited by gumball3000; 03-17-2015 at 02:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post: