Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rage of the Ren'gol Sneak Peek | Ren'gol Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that tokens will be available anywhere other than locked crates? I have seen a couple of "Remi said blah blah" things but have yet to see an actual quote of where this was stated.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...laying-Wrap-Up!
    Yw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that tokens will be available anywhere other than locked crates? I have seen a couple of "Remi said blah blah" things but have yet to see an actual quote of where this was stated.

Under the loot section Remi added a chance from the gold orc chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

This is turning into a pure p2w situation. I am sorry but advice like "farm crates and sell to plat whales" is bullsh*t extraordinaire. I want to farm actual stuff, not freaking locks.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Oh my god, Plat users not only are happy for feel the chance of get a arcane item from a locked. Now we have double chance of happiness! why? open and open and open crates = total maybe items arcanes + 1000 and more and more tokens we can buy the item arcane from naxbolt // we many money in game and STS $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in life.

I'm a plat user but I'm felling bad for non- plat users...

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

who cares if lots of arcanes and mythics flood the market? its afforable for everyone that way. and it will take time to farm so will keep expansion alive longer. plat buyers can quickly get their things and enjoy the advantages but everyone is pretty much guaranteed them one or the other in the end. either by eventually farming the ingredients or farming crates til they can afford to buy in auction. this is good for everyone. ppl who wouldn't normally buy plat will cos its a guaranteed something, and there will be high demand for crates for ages so good for farmers too.

sts i think this idea is great!

i just wanna know what fibus means when he says they can't be farmed in brackenridge area. cos all lvls need something to farm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post

Under the loot section Remi added a chance from the gold orc chests.
    What makes me nervous is the "chance" part. The loot chances of tokens could be equal to looting an arcane item in grand crates. Add that to the rarity of (elite?) Golden Orc Chest and it could literally take upwards to a year to get a single item from Naxbot. Without popping any Rengol crates open.
    Last edited by Vediovis; 06-19-2015 at 07:45 PM.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Awesome my 25 million will be worth so much more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

In other news: conclucion of this thread the GREAT winner of the new expansion are we the plat users

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

pls give old lock crates something good so that we can consume all 50,000 old locks remaining...pls dont leave old lock crates behind...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Pls confirm if the crates can only be opened by plat and the only way to get those tokens is by opening them then that means non plat farmers will suffer its not fair that they can only earn tokens from opening -.- its not fair then how can the non plat farmer get the good stuff if WE ARE WILLING TO FARM ALOT FOR THEM and not open crates for those its just not fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Tokens drop from Rengol crates...which require plats to open. How would hardcore farmers that like to play the game the challenging way (i.e.not spending plats) obtain those arcane items besides farming for locks like a robot? If there are more farming options for the f2p people for them to obtain far-reaching goals, farming would very much be renewed unlike its current status.
    Last edited by Jeffgeomon; 06-19-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    Tokens drop from Rengol crates...which require plats to open. How would the hard-farmers that like to play the game the challenging way (i.e.not spending plats) obtain those arcane items besides farming for locks like a robot? If there are more farming options for the f2p people for them to obtain far-reaching goals, farming would very much be renewed unlike its current status.
    Well, as Remi said in http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...laying-Wrap-Up <-- this post, "Golden Orc Chests will now have a chance to drop a Crate token."

So, if you like the challenge of being free to play, you can spend 6-12 months farming for hours upon hours every day to hopefully farm enough tokens to buy 1 single arcane item....
    Or you could just spend a couple hundred on the game and guarantee an arcane in like 5 minutes - your choice.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Wow I can't believe people thought that if arcanes flood the market the non-plat users will have a chance of buying it but its not that easy even if there's 500 arcane fossils and shards whether in auc or not obviously NOT EVERYBODY COULD AFFORD IT not all non-plqt users have the "recquired" gold amount for it. It will probably just make the gap between rich and poor larger because the rich can just but those arcanes when there cheaper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Is $300 cheaper for a single virtual item in a game? ( 300 dollars may stay true if the token needed in a final expansion is same as test server). Although, It does not stop at 300 dollars because we will still need crates. I am not sure how much the normal crate gonna cost me. Even I assume 10 k per crate = 1,000 x 10,000=10,000,000 gold. However some of the loot or drop may compensate on this expenses. Also, there is crafting/levelling part which is not easy/cheap either.

Some old rich players may be worried that they may not profit from the arcane items they have been hoarding. But please also think about new poor players.

If this lock system is implemented it will help most player. As non plat player can farm locked whereas plat players can have certain assurance to get something in return after opening crates. And noob poor players like me do not have to wait for 2-3 years to get one single arcane items if I put on some hard work.

Please STS don't change your decision as it will help balance the game at certain levels.

Aren't we already tired of chance/luck system!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    Well, as Remi said in http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...laying-Wrap-Up <-- this post, "Golden Orc Chests will now have a chance to drop a Crate token."

So, if you like the challenge of being free to play, you can spend 6-12 months farming for hours upon hours every day to hopefully farm enough tokens to buy 1 single arcane item....
    Or you could just spend a couple hundred on the game and guarantee an arcane in like 5 minutes - your choice.
    Which was exactly my point. No one wants to farm "6-12 months" of those chests just for "1 single arcane item". The luck based "chance" of obtaining one further destroys any reason to farm them. That's why by favouring p2w players, sts has created a larger gap between the rich and poor. Thus, farmers need more options to farm for them, and an increased chance of doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrancy View Post
    Can we remove the gold from locked crates, and instead add it to elite bosses, please?
    this is genius! not only it will keep farmers alive, and it won't let gold to be too abundant for lock poppers (which most call it by 'inflation'), and force a good and real gold flow from farmers to lock poppers and vice versa...

please consider this, devs
    thank you
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I wonder, what will happen to old lockeds.

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffgeomon View Post
    Which was exactly my point. No one wants to farm "6-12 months" of those chests just for "1 single arcane item". The luck based "chance" of obtaining one further destroys any reason to farm them. That's why by favouring p2w players, sts has created a larger gap between the rich and poor. Thus, farmers need more options to farm for them, and an increased chance of doing so.
    I'm completely with you on this one. I'm opposed to p2w. Microtransactions are fine, but when it comes to the point where they are the only way to play the game, the game isn't worth playing anymore. It may not have come across in text, but there is a lot of resentment towards the current proposed locked crate system in my reply to you. In one of my earlier posts on this thread, I figured at 5 minutes per run with a 20% chance of getting golden chests (very lucky individual) it would take 2 months of farming at 5 hours a day to get 1 arcane item if the tokens were guaranteed. Multiply that time by whatever the chance is to get a token out of a ren'gol chest and you're looking at an actual entire season of playing 5 hours a day or more straight just to farm a single arcane item that someone who pays a couple hundred dollars to the game company can just get essentially instantly - guaranteed! I think it's not a very good plan for the future of the game, but I'm not a business analyst or anything. Just a guy who has seen several MMOs flop hard when pay 2 win systems were implemented in them. Who knows what will happen in the end though.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hi fibus and remiem,
    I appreciate the way u guys looked after platinum users to tackle the complaint of getting nothing from loot. But I disagree on this point that those items which were quite rare in game are now going to get viral. Take an example of nightshade. It was limited to 3 players last year and now I can see hundreds n hundreds of players running around with them. It's good to see being used but the exclusive nature got destroyed by tokens and the same thing is going to happen for these token based items.

What I feel is the tokens system has to be considered once again. Don't make it so easily available. And I agree with many of the players about the p2w based scenario. Is platinum everything in this game? Do u guys know it's going to destroy motivation Content from players? How come non platinum players afford these items? How about the economy?

For those I would like to forward some points for consideration.
    - Token items to be non tradable or stashable (including Nekro egg and arcane ring)
    - 1 token point from opening elite chest from rengol boss drops
    - 1 token point from opening locked massive chest of rengol only
    - new map and new village to be opened for 41 and above players only. So that twinks won't get their hands on these token based items so easy to abuse at their levels.
    Last edited by davidvilla; 06-19-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Please make these tokens farmable in only the new elite maps with a higher drop chance than teeth were. Instead of 1 for 5 Plat assured, you would have the chance to get 1 for 15 mins+ (I'm assuming).

I've said it before, but an mmo should have an easy way to a goal - by spending real money - and the hard way, by working your a$$ off for it. Don't make this expansion P2W again, especially considering this is quite possibly the last expansion in AL.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: