Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
This is how the arcane looting system works:

1. Chance to roll
2. If arcane, system chooses between egg or weapon (shard is in weapon category). Egg is actually a greater category than weapon.
3. From that, if the system lands on egg, it will randomly select the arcane egg you won. If the system lands on weapon, system will randomly select the weapon that you won.

If you increased rate of shard, you would be decreasing the rate of all other arcane weapons which would make the price raise. If you created a new category just for the shard, then it would increase the value of everything because now it's an even rarer chance to loot the shard or weapon. Since the egg category is the biggest, your logic would have that the shard category would be the 2nd biggest, and the weapon category is the smallest.

So, in that scenario, the weapons would then skyrocket, no? That's not solving the issue, it just makes other things more expensive.

PS: Shard is in the weapons category, I just gave it its own category for theoretical purposes.
I don't see any problem with increasing the value of existing arcane like weapons or eggs. I am sure people who open locked (which I am not one) would be happier that when they loot an arcane that is not worth so little. So you can come up with whatever imaginary strawman scenario. But I doubt prices on anything would "sky rocket" like weapons because there are already so many of them out there. You can stand in any town and find someone selling maul or hooks. Even arcane staff is very common based on how many are looted and floating around. But I wont argue your strawman because you don't work for STS and anyone can take what the devs say as how it works, twist it and create any imaginary scenario. Just because a few more shards drop, doesn't mean the end of the world. This is what we call FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt

Try a different strawman.