Thread: Seriously considering dropping Pain for Sonic Boom. Am I stupid?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I'd like to completely withdraw anything bad I said about wither and leech. Here is why:

I did a LOT of boss runs on my way from 35 to 36...definitely more than half of the 50k was from SY5 with hardly any xp elixirs for those runs. When combo elixired for xp runs, Sonic Boom was my transference end-skill. Knocked out whatever transference didn't kill. Made me a very good teammate to have cause of the elixir damage and instant hit AOE attacks. However, sonic boom is NOT very useful in SY5 because of all the healers and the cannon mobs/wand girls. Since the recharge time of sonic boom was so long, and my only AOE was transference, I stuck to my duty of support healing, and I took it upon myself to keep the cannon mobs occupied. The ops took out the healers quickly, the commandos controlled the spread of the crowd, and I healed. However, come boss time, once the mobs are down and it's a pig-pile on the MF, that's when I'd pump him with DOT skills.

Decay, wither, and leech, even though 2 of them are weak, slowly assisted in bringing down the boss. The only time I found these skills worth while was taking out the cannon mobs and the boss. Dropped sonic boom completely and put pain to 1 instead of 6. More interested in the stun for the cannon mobs than the splash damage, using someones previously mentioned point. Put 6 in leech and 4 (now at 5 once I ht 36) into wither.

Sonic boom helped a little for xp runs when I was soloing or in a small team, but in a team of 5, you really don't need it.

Funny how opinions change drastically from repeated use. Still find suppression useless though
    Last edited by Kahlua; 11-29-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help