Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Game Outage - 4/21 Please click here for info before posting, thanks!

New York... can't you just read my accent?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by invision View Post
    I Totally agree with you and i believe the whole booting system is pointless.. I understand that you might want to boot someone so that a friend can join, but They should just make Private Slots that reserve a spot for a friend. Therefore there is NO real point to Booting. (Correct me if i'm wrong)
    I have to say.. I'm definitely guilty of booting when we were doing runs, for friends... If ive been spending hours with one group doing runs together, the someone slipped through before the friend did,I usually tell them we have a group and if they don't go on their own I have booted ... But now with the password, it really doesn't happen... But I'm also the person that will help level people (even if I've never seen them before), go to forest and say "happy Monday" and give out random items.. Doesn't make me a bad person... Just makes me someone who has a friend that I want to continue playing with. Ive made a lot of friends, I accept all requests unless the person has been rude in the towne to others... And love making new friends. I've been booted, but I don't write the person complaining, instead, I may tell them if they get an opening next time, please think of me.... I've had CLOSE FRIENDS tell me they are with a group.. Its a game.... I find somewhere else to go... That's why there are multiple rooms.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    JaytB btw, thanks for the sword.
    You're welcome

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by invision View Post
    The REAL meaning to the word "Noob" is New player.
    Continuing the thread hijacking, I think of "newbie" as "new player." A "newbie" is someone who is new to the game and willing to learn. A "noob" is someone who is acting like a newbie, but shouldn't be.

Example. A lvl 50 elf facing Gold Fever the first time and asking me, "Why do I keep dying?" is a newbie and deserves my help. A lvl 55 bear who stomps right in the middle of a group of mobs "to separate them," after being asked not to, is a noob and deserves nothing except maybe a boot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

computer clouds, omg, don't let me in the cloud.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    From Wikipedia:
    The word means and derives from newbie (as in new and inexperienced or uninformed),[9][12][14] and is used as a means of segregating them as less than the "elite," or even "normal," members of a group.

So, no not really only used for new players
    well if you READ! what i said... it's original meaning is NEWBIE PLAYER....... and it is USED in other ways...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With all do respect, but I couldn't care less about the PSN network being down or being a major deal, it's this 'silly' game, as you put it, that I care about. So from MY perspective this is way worse than whatever could happen to any console network.

And you might want to keep these old floppy's too, in case your hard drive crashes o.O

/vent off
    I appreciate that you could care less about PSN. The point was it's undoubtedly a larger customer base than this game. Everyone seems to be trippin so hard they can't realize the size/scope of the issue. If only PL was down, then rage on, but there's millions of people effected. I don't know this games customerbase (as I literally downloaded it the day before all this) but I find it very hard to believe we are the most effected individuals. And if none of it's related, I think the point is still valid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waisted menkey View Post
    I appreciate that you could care less about PSN. The point was it's undoubtedly a larger customer base than this game. Everyone seems to be trippin so hard they can't realize the size/scope of the issue. If only PL was down, then rage on, but there's millions of people effected. I don't know this games customerbase (as I literally downloaded it the day before all this) but I find it very hard to believe we are the most effected individuals. And if none of it's related, I think the point is still valid.
    See, although you are totally correct in that a) PSN is a much larger customer base than PL and b) even more correct that this is costing a lot of companies larger than STS a whole ton of money, you forget that 80% of people complaining about it being down, yelling at STS to "fixx teh problem!" and demanding "free plat" should be shot between the eyes with a Nerf gun until they pass out.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 04-22-2011 at 09:14 AM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #568
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey folks, let's please keep the discussion friendly. That's what Pocket Legends is all about.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What does this have to do with the topic of the thread? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can't believe how much I NEED PL!! this threAd is funny tho, it's like when a family is snowed in or during a power outage! No one can watch tv, Play on computer, so they ALLL have to talk to each other!! Haha
    Last edited by LordEspe; 04-22-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reminds me of that hacker movie with Bruce Willis when they decided to check out that major power plant node thingy...what was it called??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just woke up, nooooooooo.......!!!
    "Dont take life to seriously,...your never gonna make it out alive." (Creepymouth 55 str/dex bear, Spookytoothh 55 pure dex bird, Vampyres 10 mage) SRINGY 4 life!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

@moogerfooger

It's just... I NEED TO KILL STUFF! I just don't want to take it out on my cat again =^.^=

@invision

Peace V Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just venting... Nothing personal.

Edit: and I'm all game for storming the Amazon data center

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So, If I have fly ability, then I will be more terrified to fly through clouds. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matamurman View Post
    I had someone boot me and reason was don't know u and another one just said no, I've never booted anyone and ppl with crappy gear I give away any color items aslong as there an upgrade for someone. I do it cause they might be in my group again and play well but get get killed in a snap so I try to help them as much as I can, helping others get good dear helps me in the long run. I won't give items to low levels well not pinks but higher lvlz yes cause I know they play a lot it takes time to get to lvl 40 and up so ya ill help them so I and everyone else can clear zones and lvl up faster.
    I boot people all the time. I always host zones so i can boot. If i'm in a group of 30's, and a 50's player joins... boot. I don't need a hero destroying everything while the rest of us follow. It's not fun.

Also, If i'm doing keeper with a bunch of players 46 and below, i boot anyone over 46 that joins. That forces the pinks that drop to be level 45, which are very valuable. The 50 pinks are almost worthless. So, when a 55 joins my 46 and lower keeper group... BOOT.

I guess i don't have to worry about a level 7 joining keeper and saying "please don't boot me". Those were my favorite, i will miss booting them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@moogerfooger

It's just... I NEED TO KILL STUFF! I just don't want to take it out on my cat again =^.^=

@invision

Peace V Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just venting... Nothing personal.

Edit: and I'm all game for storming the Amazon data center
    its alright i was getting a little out of hand myself.. sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler84 View Post
    My friend just told me a very good statement. For all those who want to blame, don't blame sts or amazon but yourself. Because its your choice of choosing to play pl.
    After examining the evidence and reading through your passive aggressive posts, I choose to blame Skyler84. I base this on nothing reasonable and if challenged will spout techno-babble, miss-use "case-study" instead of hypothetical situations (because we all know case-studies are, well, studies of actual cases...) and randomly attempt reverse psychology.

So there.

And my friend says I'm right, so that makes all the difference.
    Last edited by Dartagnian; 04-22-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please be up by tomorrow... It's 10pm for me Tomorrow's easter
    If it takes longer will we have more time to get the most from the easter event?
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Reminds me of that hacker movie with Bruce Willis when they decided to check out that major power plant node thingy...what was it called??
    Look Who's Talking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Are you thinking, die hard With a vengeance ( the most recent one ). Where they take control of most technology based systems.. They said it was like a "fire sale" in the movie.

PL you rock! Wish Amazon would get this issue fixed so we can play.