Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Solution to fixing these OP rings (Pirate, Inferno, Crystal)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Sure, I wouldn't mind that. My post about the leaderboard was just 1 example but obviously things can be taken further than that, as in your example. Let me make it clear that the lb part of my post was not intended to actually make this happen.

If you're talking about the ring you bought from me from cs, I PM'ed you in game as soon as I found out and I clearly told you that they were most likely bugged and about to be fixed. You said you didn't mind a small investment in case those stats were somehow going to be for real in one form or another. You basically said it was a small price to pay for a potential huge payout.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't mean this as a personal attack or anything remotely like that. I'm just comparing your mindset to the many people who knew something was off but decided to take the gamble anyway. You, as did anyone who understands stats even a little, knew something wasn't right. I bought one ring to test it out and then sold it again. Too bad you had to be the buyer but you can't say you weren't warned repeatedly, as were most people who got this ring.
    actually, i pm'd you first and said "thanks ". Ur comment wasn't a warning it was "no, thank u". U did then say there was a problem and they may be nerfed. Up until that point it never occurred to me there was a problem (I don't check forums on weekends) so I can 100% say I wasn't warned repeatedly. In fact, I was never warned once. I thought the damage gain was offset by the mana loss. My comment about it only being 500k was meant to say that if it wasn't going bankrupt me if it were nerfed. Ur adding ur own reasoning to my comment to make it sound like i knew something was wrong and was willing to take a risk it wouldn't be found out. That's not what I meant at all.

I have no problem at all with the sale. I'm still hopeful sts will do what's right and think of a way to satisfy everyone involved. In fact, this post of yours bothers me more than the sale. I don't appreciate u adding ur own commentary to my in game statements to make it look like I was trying to take advantage of a situation when I wasn't.
    Last edited by wvhills; 09-30-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well I think the solution is going to be to nerf them.
    It's happening in like 2 minutes so I think it's a good guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    actually, i pm'd you first and said "thanks ". Ur comment wasn't a warning it was "no, thank u". U did then say there was a problem and they may be nerfed. Up until that point it never occurred to me there was a problem (I don't check forums on weekends) so I can 100% say I wasn't warned repeatedly. In fact, I was never warned once. I thought the damage gain was offset by the mana loss. My comment about it only being 500k was meant to say that if it wasn't going bankrupt me if it were nerfed. Ur adding ur own reasoning to my comment to make it sound like i knew something was wrong and was willing to take a risk it wouldn't be found out. That's not what I meant at all.

I have no problem at all with the sale. I'm still hopeful sts will do what's right and think of a way to satisfy everyone involved. In fact, this post of yours bothers me more than the sale. I don't appreciate u adding ur own commentary to my in game statements to make it look like I was trying to take advantage of a situation when I wasn't.
    Your memory of what I said isn't what I remember I told you. Saying you weren't warned is simply false. If you want to discuss about it, feel free to PM me. I said everything I wanted to say.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, I don't think anyone was merching these items unless they were a really dumb merchant. The price was falling like rain, so if you bought now, even for half price, you better have a buyer lined up in 2 minutes because in 10 minutes the price will have dropped already.

People were just selling the rings they looted, not buying up others rings. If someone actually did buy and sell these for a profit, then I commend them for their luck because from my point of view, these items were in price freefall from the time they came out on friday.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Ouch to nerf. I know some people who traded their mythic ring for one thinking they got a killer deal. Sucks for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

first i was mad too, but its our fault for sure it was bugged cuz its and epic ring and first when we have seen it was a shock 7,5 dmg what ring is that ( arcane) no its an epic so something was wrong from the start so sts decide to fix the bug when the next patch was coming , yes many lost like 2-3m on these rings but was an good experiment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Ouch to nerf. I know some people who traded their mythic ring for one thinking they got a killer deal. Sucks for them.
    wow! i should have thought of that! tsk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    STS should not nerf them but discontinue them completely, that way they can't be farmed anymore to ruin the value of other rings but if you have one you're lucky as its value just increased due to being rare.
    i agree. just get rid of it and replace it.

oooh... another thought:
    Should've just changed it to legendary rather than nerfing stats.

changing stats is never cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One more thing to take note of.
    A lot of players dont' read the forum.
    A lot don't know much. Barely maybe.
    It was mostly unfair for those ones.

good thing i didn't buy it!
    lol ;p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Can we liquidate them for 500k? Just cancel all the CS posts so no one buys them for dirt cheap and exploits this.

50% serious, 50% joking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Hahaha, i bought yesterday enso lvl36 ring for 550k, sold today for 1.2m.