Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Just came out of Shadow Cave V. Don't even think about it unless you have a skilled bear, 2 mages and 2 birds working together tightly and paying attention to GCD. Almost unplayable as far as bosses, and the 3 of the party members were very good players.
    You're walking too fast. Make little taps and match your step to the cool down. Not kidding.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i dont mind GCD actually i have not tried it in PvP but in PvE the new faces are awesome! just dont appeal to as much but oh well and i have not bought the emots need plat :/
    anyways good update just tweek global cool down to suit the noobs
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    You're walking too fast. Make little taps and match your step to the cool down. Not kidding.
    Did I mention it was dog-slow? I did. No one was walking fast, we had to creep along. Getting one hit pulverized even with a tank pot renders it moot.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Just came out of Shadow Cave V. Don't even think about it unless you have a skilled bear, 2 mages and 2 birds working together tightly and paying attention to GCD. Almost unplayable as far as bosses, and the 3 of the party members were very good players. The skill delay just throws it off, with the difficulty level of certain areas of that map as it is to begin with.

Not to mention is was dog-slow going.

Me and Morawk have sad face about lack of Crown bonus.

New faces are nice, and the world map (once you get to it) is sweet too, from a cosmetic angle.
    Is it that difficult that leet players + improved teamwork doesn't even work?

Did I mention it was dog-slow? I did. No one was walking fast, we had to creep along. Getting one hit pulverized even with a tank pot renders it moot.
    I suppose from the Shadow Witch again? I think they need to really nerf her up, otherwise, was the other bosses easy to handle?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Is it that difficult that leet players + improved teamwork doesn't even work?
    I think it should be fine, once timing of things with GCD is figured out and adapted to. But the pace to even try to stay alive with mobs was painfully slow, until we get used to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Junside View Post
    Nothingggggggggggggggg
    o_O...oooook
    Lvl 56 Enchantress ~Stephnee~ Lvl 55 Warrior Stephneee Lvl 21 Engineer Astrastephnee lvl 20 Operative Novastephnee lvl 20 Commando Lunastephnee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay everyone take your phones to the mall and do some discreet girl watching. If your female you know what to do. Maybe some person will see your sad face and take pity on you. It will get your mind off of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

GCD for PvE has done nothing in terms of difficulty level at higher leveled campaigns, IMO. It just makes completing each map a lot longer. Personal skills, personal combos, and teamwork has not shown any drastic change whatsoever in post-GCD Sewer runs. At lower levels, it eliminates soloing, which also is a big aspect of the game; some players simply like to solo certain maps.
    I dunno. I've ran a few maps and it just doesn't seem all that bad to me. Yes it's longer but it's not that much longer. Not so much that I would feel like I have to quit the game or anything. My only gripe with the GCD is the interface. The way it blinks off and on makes it hard to tell what skills are still available to use. Otherwise, I'm good with the GCD. Finishing a map in 3 minutes vs. finishing a map in 5 mins isn't a deal killer for me if the benefits of it outweigh the negatives.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I was not clear. sorry. I meant to say that the fluidity of combat has been altered in such a way that it becomes extremely difficult to be at the right place to time skills. It's slow because we are always standing at the wrong spot. They slowed the skills down but everything else is still fast. Makes the combat choppy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Haha. Yeah I was in Plasma just now trying to solo a djinn and it was just brutal.
    I tried soloing a few maps and got killed a few times on AO1 and 2. This means no pot farming on plasma anymore it just takes to long to complete. About twice as long.

I agree with Phys; this has nothing to do with skill it just means you need to spam pots faster. IMO the way the skills work they weren't meant to be used with GCD, debuffs don't last enough to use attack skills to make them useful, if you get swarmed with mobs your only choice is to spam pots, heal wont save you. I wonder if I'll get killed in FH too -__-
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I can imagine that the Shadow Caves would be require a lot of team work, health pots, and attention span.

Ech- I know! I almost died in Plasma Pyramid in the first corridor. Farming gold will take much longer, now.
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to chime in for what probably already been said, thread = tl;dr, but gcd in pve is clearly less fun. Tactics still don't matter like I'd hoped they would, it's just slower. I'm not sure what was broken with pve that needed fixing, but I'm don't see how this is an improvement...

On the other hand, if I ever do make the last 40 k to get to 56, I'm expecting to get the REAL Crown of Persistance, lol. That old thing you could get in two weeks didn't take this kind of persistance...
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Makes the combat choppy.
    I am not gonna jump on the "GCD sucks!" bandwagon, because it has some potential.....but this is spot on. Nothing felt smooth. Part of it is unfamilarity, but even when you get into a rhythm, it is totally choppy feeling in PvE at least. We were even trying to stay together so our skills would complement each other, and it was just underwhelming with a 0.5 sec delay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I dunno. I've ran a few maps and it just doesn't seem all that bad to me. Yes it's longer but it's not that much longer. Not so much that I would feel like I have to quit the game or anything. My only gripe with the GCD is the interface. The way it blinks off and on makes it hard to tell what skills are still available to use. Otherwise, I'm good with the GCD. Finishing a map in 3 minutes vs. finishing a map in 5 mins isn't a deal killer for me if the benefits of it outweigh the negatives.
    Twice as long is not that much? I'm sorry but that is twice the time and if you want to get to 56 and it took you 20 hours to get there it will take you 40 hours now. Not to mention PUGs will suck even more. Stronghold is taking 8-10 minutes to clear when it was a 4-5 minute run same for hideout.

And all the other areas as well plasma farming now take 7-8 minutes to clear solo.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I
    I suppose from the Shadow Witch again? I think they need to really nerf her up, otherwise, was the other bosses easy to handle?
    No, wasn't even the Witch, I am ashamed to admit. Even the Shadow D'jinn are obnoxious now. I know it is supposed to be hard/elite level, but as it stands right now it is a deathtrap, or a giant moneyhole that no one is gonna want to go back to again for a while.

Part of it is getting used to GCD, so some of it was completely on us....but yeah, not gonna try again unless it is a 5-person solid team. And even then......(trails off into silence).

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    It just doesn't seem fair to those who haven't reached 56 prior to the release of GCD. The difference between a 3 minute run and a 5 minute makes a huge difference in terms of XP per hour.

Prior to GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 14.38 hours of playing to level to 56.

Post-GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 20.55 hours of playing to level to 56.

It sorta stinks for those players who haven't reached 56/Crown status yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The cool down really make pvp not fun....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It just doesn't seem fair to those who haven't reached 56 prior to the release of GCD. The difference between a 3 minute run and a 5 minute makes a huge difference in terms of XP per hour.

Prior to GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 14.38 hours of playing to level to 56.

Post-GCD: For 83,840 XP from 55 to 56, using a 3x XP pot and a fast party that clears Bandit Hideout in 3 minutes and 30 seconds, you get ~340 XP per run, it takes 20.55 hours of playing to level to 56.

It sorta stinks for those players who haven't reached 56/Crown status yet.
    And that is using 3x pots but you are thinking that the pots will last for the whole run. Unless is a really good team they will take much longer. And if the person is using 2x pots it will take well.... even longer

I was leveling my bird to 56 guess now I won't use elixirs unless I am on hideout. GCD could be great but the implementation so far isn't.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was implemented to fix lag issues. So far my ping is the same ( same internet same ping ya ya i know ) sits at 200 with regular up and down jumps. Video lag is still the same albeit not as intense. The game still feels the same, nothing slicker or quicker about it. So in that respect i feel that gcd fails. I dont like the gcd and i dont expect sts to get rid of it but it does need some serious tweaking.
    Last edited by RahX; 04-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Echelong View Post
    Twice as long is not that much? I'm sorry but that is twice the time and if you want to get to 56 and it took you 20 hours to get there it will take you 40 hours now. Not to mention PUGs will suck even more. Stronghold is taking 8-10 minutes to clear when it was a 4-5 minute run same for hideout.

And all the other areas as well plasma farming now take 7-8 minutes to clear solo.
    Honestly, when I play PL, I'm not paying attention to time at all. Sometimes I look up at the clock and think "Holy Crap", hours have passed. You guys are stopwatching the time and comparing the differences and all but in practice and play, that 2 minute difference isn't even noticeable to me. If you didn't tell me that it took 2 minutes longer than pre-GCD to finish the run, I wouldn't even notice. Basically, it's the equivalent of a pre-GCD run where I stop to type a few comments. Or the the mage dies and I'm waiting for the mage to run back to the boss. It's not that big of a deal. It only seems like a big deal when you're stopwatching it and recording the times. PL is fun for me. I dont notice the time when I'm having fun.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando