Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: -The Solution- PvP Usage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

also you should add a 10sec delay for person to attk you after you win a fight.
    -XXNIGHTMARE /*>-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool idea, I'd do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    Sigh....

This gives a MOTIVE for people to pvp

They dont have to risk their gear, for the last time -.-
    But the better gear =better chance of survival
    Risking gear at all seems like a very bad idea. If you think that right now, people are immature at times (and they are in twink warfare), there will be much, much more problems with gear later on.

Furthermore, it shouldn't be so zero-sum. One person's loss should not equal one person's gain - it pours salt on the wound. People who are demoralized may never return to PvP. Why would you? If you were bad at Pvp, would you want to keep on losing gear, even if was cheap? You would keep on losing not just a poor K/D ratio, but real money. And you would lose more than you gained, especially if you are not a Pvp veteran - zero sum game.

If the purpose is to encourage PvP, I don't think that this is going to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok dont worry about the immature people, they will have more than enough warnings
    Also this will definitely encourage pvp
    Why?
    People who do badly in pvp have already been turned away from it with te current pvp system
    This is to benefit the people who pvp all day but sadly get absolutely nothing in return

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Furthermore, it shouldn't be so zero-sum. One person's loss should not equal one person's gain - it pours salt on the wound. People who are demoralized may never return to PvP. Why would you? If you were bad at Pvp, would you want to keep on losing gear, even if was cheap? You would keep on losing not just a poor K/D ratio, but real money. And you would lose more than you gained, especially if you are not a Pvp veteran - zero sum game.

If the purpose is to encourage PvP, I don't think that this is going to work.
    I think this summed it up quite nicely. Yes, this idea may be beneficial to the current pvp players who know what they are doing, but like I said, I just don't think it would raise PL's pvp population.

Quote Originally Posted by AreYouYo View Post
    Ok dont worry about the immature people, they will have more than enough warnings
    Also this will definitely encourage pvp
    Why?
    People who do badly in pvp have already been turned away from it with te current pvp system
    This is to benefit the people who pvp all day but sadly get absolutely nothing in return
    But you see, that's the thing. It wouldn't be raising the pvp population, which is what this idea is trying to accomplish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PeoPle in general dont pvp because they gain absoltuely nothing

Are you guys trying to kill every hope of that???
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AreYouYo View Post
    Yes, but the original host wanted more people to PvP. What this will do is encourage the exact opposite.

Edit: Rebel has already addressed this one. I won't bother deleting this.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 05-03-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

If you want people to gain from Pvp - easy enough. They get a random amount of gold per kill, just like in PvE. Anywhere from 1-100 gold per kill. I actually oppose that for one simple reason. It would encourage people who PvP to never PvE. I firmly support the idea that people who PvP should be forced to PvE, but that people who PvE should never have to fight against their fellow PLers if they don't wish to.

But what you are proposing will cause even less people to want to PvP for the simple reason that they now have real tangibles (in game) to lose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

*sigh*

Like I said in my earlier post, I want to see rewards and benefits for pvp AND an increased pvp population. What I'm saying is that I don't think that this is the way to do it. Now I'm not sure what your goal for this post is for: To create benefits for current pvpers, or to increase the number of players who pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sigh... I proposed loss-free pvp rewards and people rejected it
    I proposed staking money and players rejected it
    I proposed risking and players rejected it
    i havent gotten any feedback from the devs, im getting so frustrated, because everytime i try to make pvp better, the pvp-haters speak out and the thread goes down in flames
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

It would also be cool if u could just 1v1 in towne, like u could have an attack option the they would agree, it would just be funny to see people killing each other around you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Sigh... I proposed loss-free pvp rewards and people rejected it
    I proposed staking money and players rejected it
    I proposed risking and players rejected it
    i havent gotten any feedback from the devs, im getting so frustrated, because everytime i try to make pvp better, the pvp-haters speak out and the thread goes down in flames
    Look I am not trying to flame you. On the contrary, I prefer playing Alien Underground at the level cap over Forest Fight. I'd love there to be enough players for an Alien Underground to be on 24-7 and several forest fights (for those that want it).

So far though, I don't feel that any of your ideas are likely to attract more players. Gambling (or staking if you prefer) goes against ethics of the dev), particularly if there really are that many children as little as 10. Risking as mentioned above will cause new players to not want to Pvp and the elite PvPers to well, remain PvPing with themselves.

This is not an easy problem to solve. I realize that, but at this point, accepting fewer Pvpers may be the lesser evil.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Uhmmm..one thing...with the cyber and black ice buy back choice..it could easily become a "you kill me...take my cyber...I buy it back..I kill you...get 2 cyber sets" situation. Or a "for 200K ill let you kill me take my cyber set" situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Plain and simple, the loaing of gears is biased towards current pvp players ( ie. Like you ) and very much non beneficial nor is it, at the very least, attractive to your target players ( non-pvp playes ie. Like me ). If you want to increase pvp population, DO NOT ask current pvp players, nor should you cater changes to their wants. Instead, ask the non pvp players what it is they want, what it is that would lure them to play pvp.
    Laazahater L56 Elf Awesomness : Traigomuerte L56 Pally
    Hanibaz L50 Int/Dex Bear : kraazeva L50 Dex bird
    Badbadtzmaru L27 Dex/Int Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Personally, I think that low level twinks (5-25, even to 35) are the main cause of not so much end game. Particularly 5-10.

A first time player comes in, gets absolutely destroyed, and rage quits PVP for the rest of the game. People coming from WoW and such are generally more substantial, and realize that your a twink. They don't blame themselves for dying. Those people I tend to like to guide along, as they pick it up very fast, and are normally active PvP once they get established.

A lot of people got destroyed at a low level, at at like 1-500, they hide their stats, and jump at every opportunity. IMO, PvP is too competitive, sure, I like it, but there's a point where.... it's just too much. Eg. Artemis(I think I'm thinking of the right person), doesn't exactly have a amazing K/D, but she plays PvP regularly, has fun, doesn't rush, and I admire her for that. Steller ethics and just fun to be in her games.

My main point is, at level 5-10, there's always 5-10 games. And then it decreases. People just get stomped on, and hate it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Personally, I think that low level twinks (5-25, even to 35) are the main cause of not so much end game. Particularly 5-10.

A first time player comes in, gets absolutely destroyed, and rage quits PVP for the rest of the game. People coming from WoW and such are generally more substantial, and realize that your a twink. They don't blame themselves for dying. Those people I tend to like to guide along, as they pick it up very fast, and are normally active PvP once they get established.

A lot of people got destroyed at a low level, at at like 1-500, they hide their stats, and jump at every opportunity. IMO, PvP is too competitive, sure, I like it, but there's a point where.... it's just too much. Eg. Artemis(I think I'm thinking of the right person), doesn't exactly have a amazing K/D, but she plays PvP regularly, has fun, doesn't rush, and I admire her for that. Steller ethics and just fun to be in her games.

My main point is, at level 5-10, there's always 5-10 games. And then it decreases. People just get stomped on, and hate it.
    One potential solution in that case is for players to be able to reset their PvP stats. If they've got a terrible K/D ratio - that's a real downer. Most won't continue.

Give them the option to reset it for say, 2 plat and they can have 0-0. Obviously, players who have had thousands of kills won't want to do this, nor will any leaderboard players. But for beginners - this could be just what they need. The community gets PvPers who won't be discouraged by their stats, and the devs can make a bit of cash from it.

I haven't taken the time to think this one through, so feel free to rip this idea apart if there are drawbacks.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 05-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    One potential solution in that case is for players to be able to reset their PvP stats. If they've got a terrible K/D ratio - that's a real downer. Most won't continue.

Give them the option to reset it for say, 2 plat and they can have 0-0. Obviously, players who have had thousands of kills won't want to do this, nor will any leaderboard players. But for beginners - this could be just what they need. The community gets PvPers who won't be discouraged by their stats, and the devs can make a bit of cash from it.

I haven't taken the time to think this one through, so feel free to rip this idea apart if there are drawbacks.
    No drawbacks noted yet! I fully support. Amazing idea. More profit and more PvP.

Although the fact that they've never won still has the physiological effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Adding any type of "risk" to losing gear or gold over a single fight will just lower the pvp population. I really think adding pvp vendors with pvp gear sets and special vanities only available thru earning thru pvp would attract ALOT more pvpers. I know I would start to pvp if that was the case. If I stood a chance at losing gear or gold or whatever I would never ever pvp. This is the reason everyone rejects your ideas. Your asking players to put way to much on the line. Adding a chance to EARN special vanities and gear isn't a risky thing but gives huge incentives to learn how to be a better pvper and only adds fun to the task. Risking gear or gold only adds frustration if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis

That's a brilliant idea.

I don't play PvP, because I'm not very good at it. But I would play if there was some sort of reward, such as (as Kossi suggested) EVERY ITEM THE OPPONENT WAS WEARING. I would totally play if I could get all of the opponents gear.
    Last edited by Raazesk; 05-04-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i would only enter with many drainers sets and hope with some luck to kill someone with a customized set... $$$
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....