Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I primarily play warrior.

Juggernaut used to heal to the 50% marker. Now it only heals to ~40% ish. Lots of the rogues break juggernaut because of this, especially in a glitched TDM pvp we currently have.

Rally cry is the worst warrior skill and overall the worst skill in the game. It's useless.

Damage passive and speed passive are the most useless passives. Most of the times, pets will override them.

I hate how Windmill forces cooldown on all the skills.

The taunt on Horn is pretty useless. It taunts within 8 meters. We also have the range upgrade that heals to 8 meters. If we are making the entire team invincible due to globes, who cares if the enemy is taunted at that point for a few seconds. In other words, always choose the range upgrade and skip the taunt (if you want to do an upgrade on horn).

Skyward Smash getting stuck when you charge it really sucks. A *chance* at regaining mana sucks as well. Change the mana regain to something else.

CS -
    upgrade 1 - extended reach. This upgrade kinda sucks because CS has horrible range. Sure we can hit 1 more person but they literally have to be stacked on each other to get that benefit.
    upgrade 2 - decimation - weak dmg *if* they are close enough to get the explosion. Low chance of warriors actually finishing a kill with this attack then low chance of it happening.
    upgrade 3 - relentless strike - and why do we want to push the enemies back from a warrior again? so we can't attack them?

All other aspects seem usable one way or another for a warrior.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    What class do you primarily play? Mage

What are your current builds for PvE?
    4/5 Fireball (no scorch)
    4/5 Light (no shock)
    4/5 Ice (no shatter)
    4/5 Shield (no wave)
    4/5 Clock (no explode)

5/5 Crit, 5/5 Dex, 5/5 Int, 5/5 HP

Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why?
    I like fireball/ice/clock combo to work the mobs in elites. I swap clock to light on bosses and it hits well when it crits. Shield is my friend too, one of the best skills in an end game PvE mage build.

Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why?
    Curse never used because I am not a PvP player. Wind I tend to blow my mage across the map on accident so I stay away from that. Heal was OK to lvl with, but useless in elites so I don't use anymore. What is the point of the heal causing aggro? It really makes no sense why a mage would want to bring any more aggro onto itself than necessary.

Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related)

I would like to see a 5th slot enabled. It's difficult for me to stop and swap out light for clock at a boss and would be great to have both at my fingertips. Also, yes mage could use a boost with shield. We have no dodge and you guys have many PvE maps with wonky red zones. Either increase the duration of shield or decrease the cool down. It makes no sense how you can keep dropping clock but not popping shield, the timing doesn't feel right with these two skills that really need to work together in elites.

Also, you know the passives have issues. Once we figured out the single damage modifier rule many of us specc'd out of damage in both mage and rogue. How about addressing this in the new skill revamp?
    about wind skill , i just upgrade largee area , not dash forward .. sorry 4 my english ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Arcane Legends Skill System Feedback Wanted!

I'd also like to add another comment about PvP.

Rogues are way too OP. The main reason why is because they only need access to 4 skills to be dominant. However, when the skill swap patch was changed so that each class could only use 4 skills while fighting, RIP warriors and sorcerers.This is the main reason why class balance is an issue. The other classes - warrior and sorcerer - lose out on a lot when only using 4 skills. Warriors could wreck rogues with 3 attack skills, horn, VB, and jugg. Sorcerers could swap heal for shield after use to give an advantage. As a rogue, I had to make a master crafted strategy to kill warriors, and they were the most challenging and fun duels to do. I also made a level 24 Mage one time and killed every rogue in sight. Heck sometimes even win 1v2.

I understand the reasoning behind the patch. I suppose it should be possible for all classes to kill each other with only using 4 skills. But the current skill system does not support this kind of play. My suggestion is to remove the cooldown for swapped skills until the new skills system is released. This way all classes can be at least a little more balanced until, hopefully the new skill system solves class balance issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    From a mage's perspective...

This is what I use for PvP.

4/5 Shield (without pushback) - every single mage uses this, with the same upgrades. Meaning the pushback on shield is pretty useless. The shield is used in every situation in PvP, because without it, mages are nothing.

4/5 Fireball (without DoT) - this skill is fine. I will use the DoT in 1v1 rooms against rogues. There's nothing wrong with the DoT upgrade, it's just that without it, Curse doesn't hit me as hard. This skill is good for every situation in PvP. Good AoE, crowd control (stun), decent damage (since it hits all targets in range).

3/5 Lightning (without the stun and AoE) - I don't use the stun upgrade in clashes because it's a meager 25% chance to stun (while Fireball's stun is 100% when charged). The only time I would use the stun upgrade is in a particular build against warriors (where I need all the stun I can manage to get). There's nothing wrong with the AoE upgrade but it's just not for PvP purposes since mages don't do the majority of killing. Lightning, as you probably know, is a mage's strongest, single-target attack skill. Lightning is used in almost all PvP situations.

3/5 Lifegiver (with mana upgrade and HP regen) - In my opinion, this skill should get a slight buff. Although it's AoE compared to a rogue's Medic Packs, it's very weak. For a mage alone, it would heal about 60-80% HP, but when healing a warrior, it'll maybe heal ~20% (which sucks). The mana upgrade and increased range upgrade are fine. The regen upgrades should be buffed to par with the level the character is at. As of right now, nobody uses the mana regen upgrade because there's no point when the mana upgrade on Lifegiver already restores the majority of one's mana pool. As for the HP regen, a lot of mages use this one, but not because it is GOOD, because we need all the HP we can manage to get.

3/5 Curse (increased range & target # and increased duration, last two upgrades) - Curse is a really important skill for mages to have. In my opinion, all upgrades for Curse are fine as it is. The only reason why I don't max out my Curse is the lack of skill points (I tend to run a 6 skill build to be able to utilize all situations, and I need my passive points). Curse is only used in group battles or clashes (5v5's). As far as 1v1ing, Curse is not useful (as it is an AoE skill). There are many questions that want to be answered about Curse. Please, feel free to explain the legistics behind Curse here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...cations-please

3/5 Timeshift (dodge & death and DoT upgrades) - Many players underrate this skill in PvP, but it is an OP skill for clashing. The DoT drains the HP out of the DPS units on the opposing team, but Timeshift is not charged against a team with a Curse mage (instant death from DoT from Timeshift). The root upgrade on Timeshift is useless in PvP because it doesn't work. The exploding upgrade on Timeshift isn't used to salvage skill points. Timeshift has good crowd control, but there is one negative aspect. You can't tell where the clock will spawn. You might want it to land on this specific place, aim there, and see it land 10 feet away, and it sucks. It would be nice if Timeshift could auto-lock on the closest opponent. Timeshift is a good skill for clashing and is a decent alternative for Frost when 1v1ing rogues.

Frost - This skill isn't in my build because I lack skill points. It's a good single target offensive skill, hence the reason why it's in my 1v1 rogue build. The upgrades I use on Frost is Jagged Ice and Shiver. The other two upgrades are not worth it in PvP.

Gale Force - This skill is probably the weakest skill in a mage's barrage. Many players look down upon Gale, but if used correctly, it CAN be a decent skill to work with. The 50% armor bonus is quite efficient and Gale has very good AoE and crowd control (knockback). But on the downside, it's very weak, and as we are forced to play with only 4 skill slots, it is fair to say the Gale is a waste of a skill slot in an everyday PvP room. Mages will use Gale to flag, and that's about it, unless you're the couple individuals who like to play with Gale. I believe it is right to give Gale a slight buff.

These are my passives (in order from most important --> least important).

INT, STR, DEX, crit. If I do have any extra skill points, I will insert the rest into the Durable passive, though there's no realistic difference in gameplay (not that I can tell).

The above build is what I use and think for PvP. I'll let others give feedback on the PvE aspect. I hope this helped you out.
    Looking like a runners build to me..
    With the frost, gale, and clock...at least that's what I use for running, not sure how u like to run though ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    With the frost, gale, and clock...at least that's what I use for running, not sure how u like to run though ..
    I don't like gale, I prefer lightning much more

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    I'd also like to add another comment about PvP.

Rogues are way too OP. The main reason why is because they only need access to 4 skills to be dominant. However, when the skill swap patch was changed so that each class could only use 4 skills while fighting, RIP warriors and sorcerers.This is the main reason why class balance is an issue. The other classes - warrior and sorcerer - lose out on a lot when only using 4 skills. Warriors could wreck rogues with 3 attack skills, horn, VB, and jugg. Sorcerers could swap heal for shield after use to give an advantage. As a rogue, I had to make a master crafted strategy to kill warriors, and they were the most challenging and fun duels to do. I also made a level 24 Mage one time and killed every rogue in sight. Heck sometimes even win 1v2.

I understand the reasoning behind the patch. I suppose it should be possible for all classes to kill each other with only using 4 skills. But the current skill system does not support this kind of play. My suggestion is to remove the cooldown for swapped skills until the new skills system is released. This way all classes can be at least a little more balanced until, hopefully the new skill system solves class balance issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I got to agree with this. This is why i quit 1v1 as a tank. The balance in twink world(majorly) is seriously messed up. If sts is not going to revise the skill system in twink world, warrior hardly kill playing solo, mage remains the target to every other classes and useful only in clash while rogue remains the killing machine both in 1v1 and clash......

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thorluffy View Post
    I got to agree with this. This is why i quit 1v1 as a tank. The balance in twink world(majorly) is seriously messed up. If sts is not going to revise the skill system in twink world, warrior hardly kill playing solo, mage remains the target to every other classes and useful only in clash while rogue remains the killing machine both in 1v1 and clash......

IGN: Thorluffy,Thorluffybolt,Thorluffysama,Thorluffyris e
    yes, totally agree. Why play warrior when you can't get kills! They should just merge JUG/VENG into one skill and then CS also throws out an AXE with the chain. If warriors crit, there shoudl be blood!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aslanx View Post
    If you read it, I said the first 6 skills I listed were my build. I just gave feedback on the other two skills since Fibus asked. Nice try though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I primarily play warrior.

Juggernaut used to heal to the 50% marker. Now it only heals to ~40% ish. Lots of the rogues break juggernaut because of this, especially in a glitched TDM pvp we currently have.

Rally cry is the worst warrior skill and overall the worst skill in the game. It's useless.

Damage passive and speed passive are the most useless passives. Most of the times, pets will override them.

I hate how Windmill forces cooldown on all the skills.

The taunt on Horn is pretty useless. It taunts within 8 meters. We also have the range upgrade that heals to 8 meters. If we are making the entire team invincible due to globes, who cares if the enemy is taunted at that point for a few seconds. In other words, always choose the range upgrade and skip the taunt (if you want to do an upgrade on horn).

Skyward Smash getting stuck when you charge it really sucks. A *chance* at regaining mana sucks as well. Change the mana regain to something else.

CS -
    upgrade 1 - extended reach. This upgrade kinda sucks because CS has horrible range. Sure we can hit 1 more person but they literally have to be stacked on each other to get that benefit.
    upgrade 2 - decimation - weak dmg *if* they are close enough to get the explosion. Low chance of warriors actually finishing a kill with this attack then low chance of it happening.
    upgrade 3 - relentless strike - and why do we want to push the enemies back from a warrior again? so we can't attack them?

All other aspects seem usable one way or another for a warrior.
    Completely agreed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i suggest putting more skill branches in a single skill..

adding more skill slot is not practical, phone user will have so much trouble playing.

adding more skill branches will increase the variety in builds and keep the 4 skills system. of cuz the skill upgrades will really have to do exactly as wat the description says. for example,

after lvl 25 a mage will unlock a new skill upgrade for fireball, like decrease in cd, increase in dmg,extra stun duration and more...

- or create an entirely new points that can be used to uograde damage of some skills after a specific level..

- create a new skill for only those who capped, it doesnt have to be op but make it useful in some situations

thanks for ur time, the above are just suggestions i might have missed out a few statement that oppose this, if so im trully sry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Since i play on my ipod and many people play on there androids this gives a huge advantage to computer users.
    multitouch gesture can be used here (to skill set, loadout, etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Mage is my favorite class for pve. I have twinks for pvp but rarely get to play because I'd rather be making gold in pve.

My current skill build is using all 5 attack skills. Fire, ice, lightning, clock and gale. I honestly like them all. My only gripe is that with gale I can't get the speed and armor boosts without having to charge and use gales dash. If I could use both upgrades without having to dash it would make gale a lot better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

STS, I'd like if you could read my post here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...at-s-the-point
    404: Signature not found

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Mage

I just wanna tell Spacetime that every skill except for Gale Force, Curse. Also I agree with a few users as they requested for a fifth slot as we would be able to use the Shield as well as Life giver together............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) Primary Class:

Warrior with a focus on running elite maps.

2) Spec:

Skills:
    5/5 HoR
    5/5 VB
    5/5 Jugg
    4/5 WM, no cripple
    3/5 CS, no decimate or push back
    4/5 Axe, no stun

Passive:
    5/5 Str
    5/5 Armor
    4/5 Dex

*VB and Axe are typically used in boss fights in place of Jugg and WM which are typically used for mobs when running elite. Some exceptions apply.

3) Desirable Skill Upgrades:

-Self buffs which stack or are stronger than pet buffs which don't stack
    -Armor buffs (base armor or greater than 5%)
    -Taunt
    -Extended duration of skill effect
    -Stun (exclude skills only used in boss fights)
    -Any heal that returns 500+ HP overall
    -Higher radius/number of targets
    -Increase in the skill's base damage
    -Feeble (<Love)
    -Debuffs of enemy damage.
    -Debuffs of Enemy armor.
    -Pulling targets into mele range.
    -Stun immunity

I favor upgrades which either increase ability to hold aggro, increase overall damage output, heal, or decrease enemy damage output. IE I only care for survival and damage output.

4) Undesirable Skill Upgrades:

-Mana return (exclude VB)
    -Reduce target movement speed
    -Special effect when kill landed (<all current incarnations are useless)
    -Push back (<entirely loath)
    -Small buffs of crit (less than 10%)
    -Most party buffs (due to being small buffs, reference RC)
    -Any increases in movement speed
    -Any increases in dodge (because this game doesn't allow for high dodge rates)
    -Any upgrade which sacrifices survivability for damage output.

I want skill points to have an impact on survival and damage output. Anything that limits my ability to hold aggro (push back and reduce movement speed) or has a minimal impact on a fight (most party buffs in practice, dodge, and increase in movement speed) I find useless.

I also don't believe in the warrior being the killing class. Thus, small crit boost (since VB shames them) don't interest me unless I decide to do PvP. Additionally, it isn't worth the gamble for skills that have a chance at a special effect when it slays an enemy. If I land about 10 kills an elite run, that skill lands 40% of my kills (overly generous since I use Samael), and that skill has a 20% chance of additional effect when it slays a target; it should proc about 0.8 times per run. Pass.

5) Additional Information:

My spec currently uses 5, arguably 6, skill points which I could throw away and have little to no effect on my gameplay. Passive Dex (4) does little unless you are a rogue, Jugg's taunt (1) is only interestering on initial cast and has too long of a cool down for it to be relied upon (it is a convenience, not a necessity), and arguably extended reach on CS (due to the skill's inability to often hit more than 1-2 targets) are the "throw away points."
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 09-13-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    No need pet, for warrior there is a 5% damage buff in ctf room already which makes the damage passive completely useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

My fav. Toon is rogue
    +1 to this
    I like the ideas to add more passives up to 8 yinstead of 5 and i also like the ideas to remove the useless skill points and change it to a new one . i also agree to ideas to allow us to swap skills while in cooldown coz its their own points .
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What class do you primarily play? -- Rounge
    What are your current builds for PvE? PvP? (If your builds are precious to you, I also accept private messages ) -- PVE
    Which skills/upgrades do you like using and why? -- Pierce
    Which skills/upgrades do you dislike using and why? -- Trap
    Any additional information you want to tell us (but please try to keep it skills related) -- None

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

add taunting effect / stun chance effect in PVP/PVE when you release VB with charge like 5meters more/less AOE, pretty good for warrior need more stun skill since we wearing heavy equipment,, ^^
    Last edited by hesx; 09-17-2014 at 10:34 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hesx For This Useful Post:

Hue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Mage is my favorite class for pve. I have twinks for pvp but rarely get to play because I'd rather be making gold in pve.

My current skill build is using all 5 attack skills. Fire, ice, lightning, clock and gale. I honestly like them all. My only gripe is that with gale I can't get the speed and armor boosts without having to charge and use gales dash. If I could use both upgrades without having to dash it would make gale a lot better.
    Take out the speed upgrade, pop a speed lix, problem solved.