Thread: How does Gold Fever's "Fever" actually work?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Whenever I get the "fever" I run away from boss and group as quickly as possible. It seems to do less damage than being close to the group and boss. I'm not really sure though.
    Thats what I thought too, but I've tried just running as far as I can from GF, nearly outside, and still get one shot/half HP/barely living. My first thing in mind is to run from group though.

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    I thought Hitting Orb Can sometimes heal fever.
    I never tried it. Seems the orbs only work for removing its invincibility.

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    What I do, as the simplest strategy. Have ONE Tank in your team. Let him rush in and take Gold Fever. Wait a few seconds till he gains aggro and pins him. The Elfs and Archer's surround the tank just far enough so they aren't within the fever spread range but can still use MOST of their skills. Then... No need to worry about chest opening. The tank can easily tank the "Gold Fever" as long as it is not spread and he keeps him pinned. This is pretty easy to do. I have done it multiple times on my bear. It is also the most efficient.

BUT, here is my new theory for Gold Fever. It randomly heals ONE Person in the party with the Gold Fever once you break the chest. So... You need to SPREAD OUT when the "Gold Fever" proc hits. (Pick a Side, like you do in gurgox). Then take out the orb, let the one person be healed. The rest explode. This USUALLY does not get them killed. Resume fighting and repeat if needed.
    Doesn't he get the orb by a certain time though? So you're forced to destroy them if you want to kill him?

By heal do you mean it removes the fever? Cause I've never seen a heal type thing happening from fever.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 02-28-2011 at 09:12 PM.