Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Client Update 1.7.1 is Live!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I would add to that, if a Mage offers a rev, it should be the only option available. I mean, can you think of any situation where you would purposely choose to respawn at the entrance or pay plat when you can get a free rev in place? Yet, I've accidentally tapped respawn at least once in the past.
    Currently the option to accept a revive just gets lumped in with the others, I would never choose not to accept the rev if I can help it. I would respawn before using a plat. Does the plat revive even give you anything but full health and mana (pots perhaps)? I don't see the actual use of this I mean it's only saving you a few gold for pots and a bit of time running back to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Ya that's a good point I hate dying and having it right there.....but from a business point of view it's smart, good advertising lol.
    Completely disagree with this statement (sorry Major). I think it's actually bad marketing, I mean if you accidentally choose this option you feel like you were cheated out of your plat, like "Ha, that'll teach you not to pay attention, or have fat fingers" I personally don't like it. Plat should be for items that are somewhat exclusive, anything that can be purchased with gold, shouldn't have a separate plat option (I mean who really chooses to spend 20 plat for a 5 min elixir when it's just 12000g) I can always earn more gold, there are no plat drops (as far as I know). It's like the 50 plat option to change your name (50 plat, isn't that like $8)! I would think about paying 50 plat for changing my class, and that is about it, maybe 10 to change a name would get more people to bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    The other alternative is to have "Resurrection Elixirs" available in the Elixir store, only purchasable by Platinum. These specific elixirs can be stored in the inventory and upon death, the option to use it can pop up - and the message pops up ONLY if you bought that elixir
    Once again a great suggestion by one of our guardians! This is usually how RPGs are played, with a resurrection potion kept on ice for critical situations.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-12-2011 at 10:12 PM.