Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Curse of Undead Mages at new map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Sometimes its hard to see the cloud or the rain or anything as theres so many explosions and fireballs and fluff n stuff going on lol?!?!?!?
    I tend to gather and pull mobs together as a tank, using haste set, aegis 46, and magma pet to set off the proc.
    I can see the mages and archers quite clearly as i run at them, and its a team choice if i pull em all together or if we pace it down and be careful. Last night i asked the team if they wanted me to exclude the mages etc in the pull and everyone said "nahhhhh" as it slows the run down a little!

I do my best to keep the heat contained to me on the pull .....
    1. Pull mobs into group
    2. Bubble heal with taunt to catch team mates
    3. few attacks then Jug with taunt ... which grabs most mobs attention so they attack me
    4. hit magma aa setting the aegis proc off which generally makes everything explode nicely
    5. hope for the best :P

All the time im on this pattern i usually spam heal pots which counteracts the archers nicely, and also helps with the mages (though they still take me out sometimes) I can stand still hitting heal pots and just let the aegis proc do its work on the mob, or run randomly amongst the mob to keep archers and mages off my tail?
    This generally works well for a team unless i die of course ... then the rest of the team is at the mercy of the devils lol

If im running random maps i tend to slow things down a bit and try to only pull mobs and leave the mages isolated for ranged shot, or individual kills.

I love the fact the mew maps are a challenge as it makes the gameplay more fun ..... especially as the mob content, numbers, and position is varied a LOT .... so you cant do the normal endless blind grind like all the other maps in AL, where every single time the map is the same, mob position the same, mob numbers the same, tick tock tick tock so your brain turns off.

With the new maps you have to watch what you are doing alllllll the time?!?!?!
    Running these new maps with friends and guildies is soooo much fun, we have an absolute laugh. And the few times we all die at the same time, we are like .... "meehhhhhhhh" @_@
    I love pulling big mobs together, taunting them, then watching them all explode with aegis proc and magma pet ... KABOOOOMMMM .. the screen goes nuts HA HA )
    New maps are just awesome as they are ... loving em

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Another thing I over looked, is if one was using a phone to play on, then yes, it would be very hard to see the mages. That would be a huge disadvantage over one who uses a tablet.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Another thing I over looked, is if one was using a phone to play on, then yes, it would be very hard to see the mages. That would be a huge disadvantage over one who uses a tablet.
    im on an itty bitty iphone screen @_@

Another thing i have noticed with the warrior class while engaging the archers and the mages, is that if you are using a dusk aegis warfare 61 and you fully charge the normal attack, you get a 15% armour boost
    ... now ..... this WILL stack with itself if you continuously charge your normal attack one after the other, and thus you get a constant 30% armour buff while attacking.
    SO if im attacking a mage or archer i constantly use a charged normal attack with a quick CS or SS in between.
    ie charge normal attack
    tap CS
    charge normal attack
    tap SS
    charge normal attack
    etc etc etc
    This holds my armour at around 8400 for the fight .... not sure if the high armour has anything to do with it, or maybe theres some kind of stun with it, or some glitch .... but using this technique with the odd health pot seems to almost always keep me alive?
    Last edited by Greoatef; 11-02-2016 at 11:16 AM.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

I agree that visibility can be a bit difficult (there are a lot of bones in the graveyard).

It won't make it in for this week's update, but I will make a minor adjustment so that the undead mages will have a minor particle effect around them that helps distinguish them before a pull. It won't help a whole lot once the action starts and effects are flying, but should help identify them before the fight begins.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I agree that visibility can be a bit difficult (there are a lot of bones in the graveyard).

It won't make it in for this week's update, but I will make a minor adjustment so that the undead mages will have a minor particle effect around them that helps distinguish them before a pull. It won't help a whole lot once the action starts and effects are flying, but should help identify them before the fight begins.
    +1 for loco particle effects!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Skelly mages should have a skull logo on top of them so it's easy to spot since they're so tiny >_<

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am not saying that new map should not be hard but no mobs deserve to be more dangerous than bosses.Curse of undead mages is more dangerous than the water pool of reanimated kraxx because warrior juggernaut skill can survive the pool with life potions.The best thing warriors can do against undead mages is to use horn of renew to protect allies and then use axe throw(no pull) from a distance and of course use pet aa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    good strategy! out of thanks

One thing that one needs to look at is their team mechanics. A full class party is best for these maps: a warrior who knows his skills, for instance SM with the upgrade of quaking earth, (although its only a 25% chance to stun for 3 secs), I see that skill stunning a lot of these pesky mages. If the SM q.e. fails to stun, the mage(s) are backing up the team with a charged FB, during this time the party usually receive a protective shield that stops all incoming damage for 2 secs from the tank, along with a pet that gives d.o.t immunity while the rogue(s) take out the worst of the evils first. (yes other skills are just as vital in these maps, from all classes.)
    Yes I have ran with randoms in these maps to see if I was missing something, all rogue, all mage one rogue, two tanks one rogue. I see no reason why there is all this fuss over the skelie mages.
    (I use the haste set on all maps.)

Enjoy the game
    Even perfectly playing team can be wipe dout by mages in mauso since one little moment of unstunned mage and BOOM
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

simply need red zone before the the spell is cast, not after
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

sorry to hijack this thread on glowstik another topic it passive stun seems nerf ... tested yesterday with 2 people whom had hatched it before.. anyone can confirm it doesnt seems to stun much and only 1 mob i believe

I have glowstik just for disclaimer sake.... just didnt hatch but slotted ..