Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Venom Guild Post (LONG POST)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Ok, again I am not saying that I make the rules, I am posting my opinion. I don't why there are a few players here who either don't understand what a suggestion forum is for, or don't understand that this is where you voice your opinion the way you want it to be!!!!
    I don't under why there are a few players here either don't understand what a suggestion and FEEDBACK forum is for, or don't understand that this is where if you voice your opinion, you will get FEEDBACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia
    Honestly, guilds are not for just players who want an easier communication. There has to be some anterior motive.
    The above quote does not sound like an opinion, which is to what I was referring.

Honestly, I hate it when games allow TON's of guilds to made because it floods the guild market, and takes away the prestige of being in a guild.
    You seem very honest, but in what game does semi-easy guild creation not work it self out like the current pink supply/demand? Also, since there is no end game, or boss mob raids available for PL right now, and max of 5 to a pvp map - it would seem that more than Venom should be allowed to exist, imo. Right now, guilds would be max 5-10 people, since if the "guild" is doing something, everyone else will be left out. Hence, there should and will be many guilds.

I know this is a video game (MMORPG) however if you relate it to life, there is nothing free in life and why should it be that way in the game. Players should not be given every "Privilege" just because they play the game, if players really want to become that Liberal what incentive do hardcore guilds have to want to be the best or have a great guild, if everyone else can have one with VERY MINIMAL effort.
    Please, let's not relate it to life - unless you can revive Elvis.

Also, how did my post come across as giving everyone every privilege for playing the game? I made a clear scenario, that would actually make it a challenge to a player's skills instead of a player's bank roll - to make a guild.

Although, I do wonder why you think some people should have special or more privileges than anyone else that plays the game? Sitting in town and spamming selling items for gold, does not special make.

I don't know what incentive you have to be the best or have a great guild, but why do you need incentive to try to achieve something you already desire? Also, since when are great or the best guilds measured by the accumulated wealth of the members therein?

Next, guild halls are the target "suggestion" of our post, and why should they be easily obtainable. I know you think you have to account for the casual player, however replay ability is the biggest thing lacking in the game right now, so making things easier does not help that fact.
    Errr, not sure I follow. Please explain to me how a guild hall for 5-10 players results in some sort of replay ability? I would think guild halls would lead to less replay ability, since once a group of people has one, they do not need another. By your logic of needing replay ability, the dev's should instead just forget any thoughts of guild halls and focus on something else.

If what your proposing about guilds is that they should be practically free and easily obtainable. This would just lead to everyone have everything again, and everyone would be bored because the casual players would still have everything the hardcore players have.
    Free yes, easy no. Since when is not using pots for three levels or only being able to be resed via a revive spell on the last level of a five map dungeon crawl...easy? I'm not suggesting a bunch of level 35's clear forest haven once or anything...

The perfect game can balance hardcore players and casual players needs and wants. Right now this game caters to the casual players, there is absolutely nothing for me to do in the game right now.
    It can, and it will be much more balanced for casual players once questing is introduced. I do not believe this game caters toward casual players though, since pink drop rates are less than significant. However, no game can keep up with the needs/desires of hard core gamers. Everyone that does not live/eat/breathe PL would get left too far behind, and the seldom few extreme hard core would be the only ones left playing the game. Dev's simply can not keep up with extreme hard core players. It takes a lot more work to make and test everything, than it does for hard core players to complete.

I believe a perfect game should give hardcore players a challenge and something for casual gamers to strive towards or obtain, but also not limit either play style. If we had some sort of boss mob raids or 10-15 player instances, this would be great for the hard core and casual player.

To be honest, guilds like ours (Venom) has more of a reason to get frustrated and upset as many of the players have who have expressed their feelings in this post that are casual players. Why? Because this game only caters to casual players, I think players who would say that they would quit or be pissed if the game changed and became more "Complex" or "Hard-core" are honestly being selfish because they have the game strictly made for them currently.
    Once again, your honesty simply amazes me. Anyway, why get frustrated or upset if the players who gave you feedback happen to be casual players? Every opinion should be seen from all sides, that of the hard core and that of the casual player. I think the people that threaten quitting as a result of the game becoming more complex, may not be familiar with other MMO's and would actually enjoy a bit more depth to the game, ie something else to do besides farm or try to find a pvp game to join. Again, the game is not made for casual players, imo.

Maybe if you were to come over to our side of the fence and see how things were you might have a differing opinion.
    No, 'fraid not, I'm not hardcore enough for Venom.
    Last edited by Mobdropper; 06-04-2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage