Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
Can't agree with ya on this one. I prefer the armor implant, it suits my play style better and helps me stay alive longer so my party stays alive. It really boils down to your playstyle. What I really like about your post Hullukko is your Location: "Quit PL due to GCD", love it and couldn't agree more. I still played PL for awhile after GCD, but it totally ruined the game for me. I wish in SL they'd get rid of the whole two screen skill thing, it's such an unecessary pain in the you know what to have to switch skill menus, blah.
A couple points:
-I'm an engi, and i tank with it (my way of "dual speccing" per say in SL). If you use a shield and a pistol, which in my experience has always been better overall than any engi glove, the extra defense from the implant hasn't proved to be necessary or benefit me holding aggro/increasing damage like the damage implant has. even if you are not a "tanking engi" like me, you can use a shield and pistol and maybe get a dodge implant, which i feel would benefit more than a defense one. Feel free to check my engi build in sig to see my play style.
-Secondly, i have to disagree with you on the 2 slots thing. One of the things about PL that i didn't like is that i could have every skill and basically max them out and use them all one after another. Sure it seems great, but gets a little old. With the ability to only use 8 skills, everyone has to look and think about what best suits them and their play style. Also, just the placement of the certain skills next to others in the slots can allow one person can become much more effective than another with the same skill set arranged differently (again, check my build for references). I switch on xp runs in SY once or twice between slots, and on SY5, probably once or twice in a large mob. I know others that are constantly switching, but idk how often you have to. My main point is that only allowing 8 skills, and having them split into 2 slots adds a level of challenge that i enjoy and wasn't in PL while i played.

Hope this was helpful