Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Been seeing this kind of stuff waaaay too often lately

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Isn't that what AoA is supposed to be?
    Actually AoA are primarially helpers, they are there to help new players, and even some more experienced players. They help players by answering questions, maybe helping them with stats and skills, maybe run a few maps with them & in general, have a pleasant introduction to the game. They are not moderators. They may try to arbitrate a dispute but again, they are they to help introduce plays to the world of altera.

The way I see it is that a moderator would have limited abilities in game to mute players for varying amounts of time. Each action should be reviewed by a staff member of STS, or one of the forum mods. The in game mods would have to file a report describing their actions and why they took the one that they did. *I am deliberately making this sound like work to discourage "wanna be's", because it will be work, with very little reward or recognition.
    I
    I have thought this out very carefully but to date STS has not shown an interest in having in game mods. So there really isn't much sense in posting all of my thoughts and ideas.
    Last edited by Shellkaz; 07-01-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I'm pretty sure ONLY the DEVS are allowed to use the BANHAMMER.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think there should be an option to add people to a foul mouth list. Once one user gets a certain amount of foul mouth list entries, he/she get their messages hidden from being displayed to people who have their chat filtered.
    No, I insist. Call me democrats.
    Cause this time, the auto correct did'nt work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by =>HunterSLAYER<= View Post
    I'm pretty sure ONLY the DEVS are allowed to use the BANHAMMER.

Sent from my M1 SONY XPERIA S(LT26i) via Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
    It's not a ban. It's a mute that could last longer than the standard 5 minutes. No way would I want to put the "ban hammer" in the hands of players. I maybe be crazy enough to run a guild but I'm not stupid enough to put banning in the hands of players. :-)

Like I have said earlier, I have thought about this very carefully. I believe that In Game mods could work , and work well. Its mostly due to the fact that we have such an active forum community. But at this point in time the devs have not shown an interest in it so I have not bothered to transcribe my notes. (yeah i still use pen and paper sometimes) lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Wow... I can't even say anything to this. It's just... wow.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

WoW. This very insulting to me because I'm part of jew, lucky my family got out of europe before war broke out but this issue is serious and must be resolved immeadlity!
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    Actually AoA are primarially helpers, they are there to help new players, and even some more experienced players. They help players by answering questions, maybe helping them with stats and skills, maybe run a few maps with them & in general, have a pleasant introduction to the game. They are not moderators. They may try to arbitrate a dispute but again, they are they to help introduce plays to the world of altera.
    I know all that, but what I was getting at was not so much that AoA are or should be mods per se, but while having no actual "power" themselves, I thought they at least could notify devs of misbehavior with more...authority? For lack of a better word. As if getting reported by an AoA somehow carried more weight, or...like fast-tracked the process somehow. I'm not sure where I got that impression. Anyway...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Lolz... I think the chat filter is STRONG enough. I just got muted for saying "pollock bacon" and it happened to be an auto correct at that.

These people will be dealt with. Have patience people. Sts has a life just like we do. ( or in my case I don't cuz I'm on pl all day).

GMs in my opinion would fail. They always get a god complex and there is no regulation to why or who they ban. I believe sts has wanted to stay away from that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

They might be able to do that. I'm not sure. :-) I've never been an AOA. When the program came out I was new to my post as guild master and couldn't devote the time necessary to AOA.

But either way the core issue of the OP is that it is anti-sematic, full of foul language, and obscene, well u can't call them pictures, But I'm sure u know what I mean. I don't even know how the character & guild names ever made it past filters. I think an update is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    Lolz... I think the chat filter is STRONG enough. I just got muted for saying "pollock bacon" and it happened to be an auto correct at that.

These people will be dealt with. Have patience people. Sts has a life just like we do. ( or in my case I don't cuz I'm on pl all day).

GMs in my opinion would fail. They always get a god complex and there is no regulation to why or who they ban. I believe sts has wanted to stay away from that.
    I never said give in game mods ban power, only the ability to mute a player for longer than the standard 5 minutes. Perhaps long enough to get a real Dev or mod time to review a truly heinous situation like this and take immediate action. What happened should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did. :-( And I did mention reports from the in game mods. Their behavior would be monitored closely.. I have no intention of turning a bunch of "cowboys" loose in town.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I know all that, but what I was getting at was not so much that AoA are or should be mods per se, but while having no actual "power" themselves, I thought they at least could notify devs of misbehavior with more...authority? For lack of a better word. As if getting reported by an AoA somehow carried more weight, or...like fast-tracked the process somehow. I'm not sure where I got that impression. Anyway...
    A report from an AoA or GOA carries no more weight than a report from a non AoA/GOA. It's a common misconception that most people seem to think is true, I guess it's also why people give AoA/GOA such a bad rep, they think it's more than it really is and when the AoA/GOA fail to meet that false expectation, people get upset about it.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I was there when this happened and reported them. Also, something like this is happening at this very moment...
    -

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urqui View Post
    Nick ROFL that's awesome

But these kids are the same ones that are gonna beg devs for an unbanning
    There should be a feature that gets you an hour ban if youre reported more than 5 or 10 times in 1 day. Maybe they'll learn then...
    We do not respond to people who "beg" to be unbanned. We are careful about who we ban and we work hard to address concerns like this. Please continue to report players with inappropriate behavior. When we receive reports of people with inappropriate names or behavior, quite often, there are multiple reports from various users. I would like to assure you that it is very import to us that these players not disrupt the experience for others and this is not something we take lightly. However, as they say "two wrongs don't make a right." We have very active forum moderation, and it is very rare that the dev's will see any inappropriate comments on the boards before they are taken down by moderators. I understand your concerns, and I'd like you to all know that we do want to know about inappropriate in-game behavior. The best way to communicate these issues is to report them to customer service. The worst way to communicate these issues is to repost inappropriate comments on a public forum. We don't want to ban good fans with good intentions. We can not tolerate inappropriate public speech or behavior under any circumstances, so please help us help you, by reporting inappropriate behavior through the proper channels. Thanks for your cooperation, everyone!!
    Last edited by Techno Email; 07-02-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    I never said give in game mods ban power, only the ability to mute a player for longer than the standard 5 minutes. Perhaps long enough to get a real Dev or mod time to review a truly heinous situation like this and take immediate action. What happened should not have been allowed to go on as long as it did. :-( And I did mention reports from the in game mods. Their behavior would be monitored closely.. I have no intention of turning a bunch of "cowboys" loose in town.
    It wasn't all directed to you
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Been seeing this kind of stuff waaaay too often lately

I was thinking that since giving players the power to ban is out of the question, how about gathering a small group of trustworthy players and giving them a special report. The report would go straight to support and they would check it out instead of waving it aside. Idk like a mega report or something. Just something the support can't ignore.

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Ik what you mean by this thread, necro.

Here's a recent racist I came across in pvp. Is being racist bannable?..
    Last edited by rinzler; 07-02-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Inappropriate pictures for language

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick41324 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post

Out of curiosity, did you read waht Techno just posted a few replies above you?:

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    The worst way to report it is by reposting their inappropriate comments on a public forum.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WoundedEagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:696988

Out of curiosity, did you read waht Techno just posted a few replies above you?:

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    The worst way to report it is by reposting their inappropriate comments on a public forum.
    Who ever said I was reporting? :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Who ever said I was reporting? :-)
    Technically, you aren't reporting...directly. But if Necro's Pictures were taken down. What makes you think it's neccessary to post yours? Take the pictures down, please. Nick, you know better than that....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I was going to say EAXCTLY the same.
    01100100011001010111001101101111011011000110100100 10000001110111011011110111001001110011011101000010 00000110001001110101011100100110010000101110