PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Defenders.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ogediah
12-16-2010, 06:48 AM
I have been waiting weeks (maybe months?) for the release of Dungeon defenders. I found out it released today, went to buy it and was demanded to upgrade my device to 4.2.
So disappointing. I refuse to lose my jailbreak and freedom from apples mighty hammer. Can someone that has downloaded it tell me how it turned out?

Arterra
12-16-2010, 07:01 AM
is there a 4.1 4g jb? if so, forget DD. i want to try out voicechat WHILE Playing pl

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 07:15 AM
I didn't download it yet. The "first wave" in the title makes me think it's short, so waiting to see feedback before buying. I have enough games that are short, and right now I have enough games keeping me busy that I don't what any new ones that won't be long-lasting.

Arterra
12-16-2010, 09:00 AM
First wave... Sounds like it will be a series of expansions...

Lesrider
12-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Yes, but no mention of free updates like IB, so they'll prob charge for each one. Not sure I want to take on another cash sinkhole game. Will have to wait and see.

BeardedBear
12-16-2010, 12:53 PM
It was 2.99 so I sprung and bought it. I've been pretty amped about this game the moment I heard about it. I didn't get to play it more than 10 minutes, but I love the fact is can play over 3Gs. The gameplay was smooth on my 3gs iPhone, but I'm sure it's MUCH better on the iPhone 4. I'll leave more feedback later. This game has a ton of potential.

Ogediah
12-16-2010, 05:48 PM
is there a 4.1 4g jb? if so, forget DD. i want to try out voicechat WHILE Playing pl

Yes there is a 4.1 jailbreak, however, you can do voicechat with out. I've been doing it while playing PL for awhile :)
Iphone 4g has a hard unlock from what I understand. What 4.2 feature are you talking about?

I didn't download it yet. The "first wave" in the title makes me think it's short, so waiting to see feedback before buying. I have enough games that are short, and right now I have enough games keeping me busy that I don't what any new ones that won't be long-lasting.
Hmmm. Yes it seems like it will have more then one "expansion" but the concept of the game seemed to be mostly in the multiplayer (meaning hours of endless fun regardless.) I personally cannot wait to get my hands on it.
Sink hole, maybe. It sounds to me like its going to be an all inclusive thing though. Honestly PL only costs about 10 dollars if you are a late comer to the game (whereas a lot of the hardcore players that have been around since the beggining have dumped 10x that in many cases.) I see your point, I just can't help myself :)

It was 2.99 so I sprung and bought it. I've been pretty amped about this game the moment I heard about it. I didn't get to play it more than 10 minutes, but I love the fact is can play over 3Gs. The gameplay was smooth on my 3gs iPhone, but I'm sure it's MUCH better on the iPhone 4. I'll leave more feedback later. This game has a ton of potential.

I agree. I'm excited to know how it goes!

Varking
12-16-2010, 07:55 PM
I have to wait for it as an Android user but according to their developers, it should be out for Android next week!

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-16-2010, 09:52 PM

BeardedBear
12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
OK bought the game and love it. I played single player just to get the hang of things, but now I play MP. I'm doing "quick game" so it pairs you with 3 random people. You can however do a custom game and invite friends from Game Center.

If you don't know what kind of gameplay it is, think of it as you being a single hero, on a tower defense battlefield and you can repair towers as well as attack the enemies personally. You also have a few spells/skills. I was playing yesterday andaA message pops up on my screen and says "AN OGRE APPROACHES" and this guy that was 10 times bigger than the other goons, comes lumbering out with his giant club. It was pretty awesome, he had an insane amount of HPs and took a while to kill.

This game has some pretty nice loots you can get from drops and chests and upgrade them to make them stronger. One thing i didn't like is it appears you can't respec your stat points, but that's not a common thing in most games.

Anyone else get this game?

Arterra
12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Did I hear single player?? Is this an offline option?
That would MAKE the game for me.
If you answer yes, I'm buying it.

BeardedBear
12-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Yeah, you can play solo (offline) or play online with 3 people.

I actually found the single player more rewarding for item drops, because you have first dibs on grabbing them.

Varking
12-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Going live for Android on December 23rd.

Arterra
12-17-2010, 03:06 PM
alright, i think i found my offline replacement! sorry infinity blade, you are now my >10min game.

King Richie
12-17-2010, 03:18 PM
im just downloading the new 4.2 ios and then im downloading the game so have no fear i will tell you !!

BeardedBear
12-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Richie add my Game Center name, we can play together. Slimeon

King Richie
12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
cool will do after syncing is done =)

Ogediah
12-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I couldn't resist and downloaded the new Ios as well. i found a tethered JB but I fear doing that... especially around the holiday season when I'm going to be on the road alot.
Add me: ogediah

FluffNStuff
12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
alright, i think i found my offline replacement! sorry infinity blade, you are now my >10min game.

If you added more fiber to your diet, you would not need a game longer then 10 minutes for when you are 'offline'.

Cascade
12-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Downloading now! Did it take forever to download for you guys?

Cascade
12-17-2010, 11:52 PM
I have played an hour or so, and I have to say I'm impressed! I like how they mixed a MMO with a strategic game! very nice! What are all your lvls? Btw I'm CourageousFunk on gamecenter

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Yeah, you can play solo (offline) or play online with 3 people.

I actually found the single player more rewarding for item drops, because you have first dibs on grabbing them.

Oh lord does that mean the loots just drops to the ground and whoever gets to it first loots it?

Varking
12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Oh lord does that mean the loots just drops to the ground and whoever gets to it first loots it?

If you watch the videos that seems to be how it works. If you are worried about getting spam clicked out of nice loot online, just build up a reputation and find a few friends that you can trust. If the community is anything like it is here it should be easy to not get screwed out of loot.

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 10:45 AM
I just find it odd that from reviews I read, it says you can join PUGs at any point, come and go as you please (as though it's all just one continuous battle), but the loot thing doesn't make that sound likely.

I'll probably try it out at some point, as I was looking forward to it. But between PL and IB, I don't really need Another game right now. So will just wait and see.

Arterra
12-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I stayed up till 3:30 on single player mode building up solid gear and mastering defenses.

the mage is BOSS

nothing is better than the BOSS mage's towers

irepeat: the mage is BOSS

I would play multi and invite you all to a game... but my router is frizzling up and dying. every 2 mins it disconnects. this game is unforgiving with internet, bad connection and out. PL is much more lagg friendly, as it gives you a afk-looking frozen grace period of 2 minutes for internet to come back on lol

add me: GC profile name Arterra

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 11:17 AM
I guess we should be thankful for PL's inferior graphics, eh?

Arterra
12-18-2010, 11:28 AM
I guess we should be thankful for PL's inferior graphics, eh?

i swear you will not see me in PL for a while unless I think i am running out of time on Christmas special. i needed the break lol

Cascade
12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey Arterra wanna play some DD:FW?

Arterra
12-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Hey Arterra wanna play some DD:FW?

do you have me added? we can try. wifi: dont fail me now!

Arterra
12-18-2010, 12:51 PM
i hate the auto-match option. i dont think it works. takes forever

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I can't seem to get this f***ing huge 600mb 4.2 to download to iTunes, so I don't think I'll ever get to try DD :(

Arterra
12-18-2010, 04:03 PM
I can't seem to get this f***ing huge 600mb 4.2 to download to iTunes, so I don't think I'll ever get to try DD :(

download straight to itouch, put in settings never to go into sleep mode, and go to bed.

Arterra
12-18-2010, 04:09 PM
anyways, look at what I looted!
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/38d3ec03.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/5526ac52.jpg
O.o legendary... THIS is IT
-ps: YOU try hard mode solo in the mage dorms...

look at what I killed!
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/40bbcd24.jpg
-WELL YEA IN EASY... sheesh let me get the gear before i take on the bosses...

look at my fortress!
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/c4700813.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/fe2795dc.jpg
-i wish i had TIME to take a action shot of hard mode fortress...

Arterra
12-18-2010, 04:12 PM
also, nice short game cascade lol

after about a dozen tries we manage to connect for like 4 minutes.

i see you like to go straight to the spawning points. be careful with people going round the back...

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 04:13 PM
Nice screen caps. Making me want to buy.
Question, though. Have you been playing multiplayer mode much? Can you give some feedback on that? Bc the reviews I'm reading are saying there are some problems with it. And I'm not so sure I would want to play his game solo.

4.2 seems to be dling now <cross fingers> after I updated iTunes. But I didn't know I could dl iPhone updates straight onto my phone. How?

Arterra
12-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Nice screen caps. Making me want to buy.
Question, though. Have you been playing multiplayer mode much? Can you give some feedback on that? Bc the receive I'm reading are saying there are some problems with it. And I'm not so sure I would want to play his game solo.

4.2 seems to be dling now <cross fingers> after I updated iTunes. But I didn't know I could dl iPhone updates straight onto my phone. How?

oh the update... yea that is one HELL of an annoyance, my bad. i thought you meant the game.

anyway... about the multi... i wanted to blame my router, but maybe its them... I ALWAYS DISCONNECT. i try two to three times to play a random game, and i ALWAYS disconnect before finishing.
When with cascade though, i didnt disconnect. the app just crashed, went to home screen. now i have a 4g 32gig itouch, i cannot believe it is lack of power. it is MADE for an idevice, even works on older ones. i blame the game.

SOLO is not that bad. just makes it more strategy as you go higher in difficulty. honestly better than a lot of solo games at any rate. you can keep getting loot, upgrading weapons and gaining levels even when offline, so not a bad thing at all.

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Darn, I hope they fix the multiplayer issues soon.
I may buy it anyway, cuz it does look pretty cool.

Arterra
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
i think it is well worth 2:99 as a solo game.

i had a game almost EXACTLY like this on pc... only solo, go in a dungeon that gets infinitely deeper and harder to get loot and gold, then go back up to upgrade and refresh potions... but i mean EXACTLY.
this is like destiny lol

edit: well i suppose there was no tower building, but yea lol

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Arghhhhh!!!!! I had 4.2 up to like 400mb (farthest I've gotten with it), so thought the problem was fixed, but it just got an error again :(
Goddamn thing restarts each time, instead of picking up where it left off. Know any other way I can download the update since iTunes is being so cranky?

Ogediah
12-18-2010, 08:17 PM
you can download the files elsewhere, but you will have to restore your phone to the image instead of updating.

The multiplayer is fun, but yes it is laggy.
Spacetime BY FAR has the best multiplayer experience on iPhone.

I still think the game is worth it though :)

Arterra
12-18-2010, 08:54 PM
Arghhhhh!!!!! I had 4.2 up to like 400mb (farthest I've gotten with it), so thought the problem was fixed, but it just got an error again :(
Goddamn thing restarts each time, instead of picking up where it left off. Know any other way I can download the update since iTunes is being so cranky?

oooo i got it
http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
made a jailbreaking site a while back, used that to get firmwares for de-grading ipod.

edit is linking to external site allowed like that?

Arterra
12-18-2010, 09:06 PM
DD advice: DON'T DO SURVIVAL ON MAX SETTINGS. my god, 300+ units per wave got me so tight while i am trying to hold down the fort at mage's dorms (favorite map...) with ALL possible units i swear... there are knights that specifically hunt you down and MURDER YOU IN COLD BLOOD. and of course they dual wield swords lol.

anyway, turns out i was somehow hosting a online game, and got like 3 people to join in and help press them back! some monk called aang made healing fields, and while in them i simply could not die lol.
so after like 3 mega waves everyone left and i was left constantly repairing those super healing orbs, so i could just sit on one and spam legendary poison staff blasts lol.

got mauled.... but was SO FUN lol

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Lol damn you sound excited. Anyway, took me the whole day but I finally got 4.2 to download completely without an error. Now have DD downloading.
Hit me up if you feel like showing me the ropes.

Btw, are there any consequences for dying?

Arterra
12-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Lol damn you sound excited. Anyway, took me the whole day but I finally got 4.2 to download completely without an error. Now have DD downloading.
Hit me up if you feel like showing me the ropes.

Btw, are there any consequences for dying?

ten second time out. and you lose currently stored mana. bad if they are on your doorsteps and you where at max mana, but otherwise just looks bad lol

add Arterra in game center, follow the guide in a local game, then invite me to a online game :) maybe ill have better luck than with cascade.
ps if you fail in tutorial game, it is on medium difficulty. or mine was :/ lv1 knight on a newb is not nice.

Lesrider
12-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Omg now I know why people said the tutorial is annoying. Good god it covers half the screen and doesn't give you a chance to donwhat it's saying. Can't see anything through it. There's loot on the ground and I have no idea how to pick it up. It also said there was a treasure chest but I couldn't see it!!!
Ugh very frustrating.

Demonicdevyn
12-18-2010, 11:26 PM
The day I quit pl is when they want my jailbreak gone

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 10:48 AM
So I got past that awful tutorial.
I kinda suck, though. I died once already. And I figured out how to move extra mana into the bank, but can't figure out how to get it back out :/

Arterra
12-19-2010, 11:27 AM
So I got past that awful tutorial.
I kinda suck, though. I died once already. And I figured out how to move extra mana into the bank, but can't figure out how to get it back out :/

i 'wasted' so much mana that way lol
its not exactly a bank, it is mana you can only use for upgrading items. you put all you mana in after a game, and later on when you get awesome equipment you can invest into is in the item information page.

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 12:04 PM
So how do you use the mana to upgrade equipment then?

I'm starting to get the hang of the game. You use all your mana on defenses, and then get more after each battle. And those treasure chests after each battle are nice.

Um... So there's no gold in this game, right? So what do I do with items that I don't need?

And can I create a second character to swap out to build different defenses?

We should play together!

Arterra
12-19-2010, 12:29 PM
So how do you use the mana to upgrade equipment then?

I'm starting to get the hang of the game. You use all your mana on defenses, and then get more after each battle. And those treasure chests after each battle are nice.

Um... So there's no gold in this game, right? So what do I do with items that I don't need?

And can I create a second character to swap out to build different defenses?

We should play together!

let see, i always answer last questions first...

-i cant :( lost my itouch somewhere... so. very. sad. and. bored.
-as long as you set it to infinite build phase time, you can. REMEMBER to drop your mana before switching though, or you lose it all.
-i got some very nice awesome gear i wish i could trade for mana... im guessing that is only way. problem is, you could only trade for max amount carryable, since the 'bank' doesnt give loans. maybe one day... keep hold of it i guess. give to other characters of yours or friends.
-be sure to not take every chest in a multi-match, or people will be mad. also, remember to check every so often for damaged goods. repairing IS much cheaper than remaking.
-first go to forge, then if the item in on you go to hero info and press the green arrow. click on item and there should be an invest button on corner. if in storage, go to item and look at item info.

little thing from the forums of DD:
top rarity levels are shining, amazing, legendary, epic, godly.

i got a epic helm!! though my legendary staff is better...

edit: ps what are your favorite classes?
mage of course is main :) plan on making a backup monk later, when itouch back. healing orbs are tha BOSS!

King Richie
12-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Arterra you playing it now ? i need a good team .... I just sat the boss down but i need a team for the servants quarter ... that place is hard !!

Cascade
12-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey kingrichie add me on GC:CourageousFunk. Also Ill do servants quarters with you.

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I started with Mage. Liking it so far.

Ugh, I thought for sure it wouldn't let me jump down into the lava. It did. I died. Lost my mana.
Otherwise doing pretty well. But what annoys me is that my defenses block ME!!! I end up sometimes causing walls for myself that I can't pass bc of all my defenses. Then I have to go around a different way. Ugh.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet. Would like to do so with people I already know. Hit me ip -- Lesrider.

Arterra
12-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Otherwise doing pretty well. But what annoys me is that my defenses block ME!!! I end up sometimes causing walls for myself that I can't pass bc of all my defenses. Then I have to go around a different way. Ugh.

so jump over them... if it blocks you, it means it blocks enemies, lol

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Lol ok this game is super addictive. I love my Mage. The fireball towers do massive damage. Most of the time I just stand by the crystal and shoot at anything that the towers downt finish off on their own.

Sooo just when I thought I was invincible, this guy comes and destroys the crystal. Gott start the whole level over.
Phooey.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/3f3321df.jpg

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
I still haven't figured out how to invite someone to my game.

Btw, I've been putting more points into my defenses than into myself, since I noticed how awesome they are. Is that bad? And I've nit been putting much into Hp...

So.... Any advice on how to beat that awesome-looking boss? Do I need to invite friends to help? Of so, how?

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Ugh And is there any way to get rid of items besides just dropping them on the floor? I hate having the stuff I don't want lying around.

Arterra
12-19-2010, 05:44 PM
I still haven't figured out how to invite someone to my game.

Btw, I've been putting more points into my defenses than into myself, since I noticed how awesome they are. Is that bad? And I've nit been putting much into Hp...

So.... Any advice on how to beat that awesome-looking boss? Do I need to invite friends to help? Of so, how?

i think there are 3 "builds"... damage, tower, or hybrid. i personally think specializing is better than hybrid. my current mage is a sort of hybrid since i started out like that, but i will make 2 new chars: ArTower and ArStaff lol. guess what each will specialize in ;D

Ugh And is there any way to get rid of items besides just dropping them on the floor? I hate having the stuff I don't want lying around.

put them in stash, make sure the ones you want to keep are locked, then sell all. it gets put into banked mana.

Arterra
12-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Lol ok this game is super addictive. I love my Mage. The fireball towers do massive damage. Most of the time I just stand by the crystal and shoot at anything that the towers downt finish off on their own.

Sooo just when I thought I was invincible, this guy comes and destroys the crystal. Gott start the whole level over.
Phooey.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/3f3321df.jpg

lol i killed him JUST as he destroyed my crystal. i saw it go negative hp on his last hit, but he just died and i won LOL

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Wait how do you sell items? I've been dropping them bc I couldn't find any way.

Ugh that tutorial was so useless lol.

I tried inviting you!
I also want to try out another class besides Mage...

Darkchylde
12-19-2010, 06:09 PM
aw dang i wanna play this game but i refuse to upgrade so i wait they spose to have a jailbreak for 4.2.1 on dec 24th when they do i update jailbreak an it on like donkey kong

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I got Godly Blessed Plate Mitts!!!

Arterra
12-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Wait how do you sell items? I've been dropping them bc I couldn't find any way.

Ugh that tutorial was so useless lol.

I tried inviting you!
I also want to try out another class besides Mage...

1) put in stash/forge from ground.
2) click on it and then sell to bank button on right.

i am leveling a monk right now to have a MEGA EPIC HEALING ORB OF INVINCIBILITY he has ranged AND physical attacks lol
PLEASE i can has a screenshot of godly mitts??

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Question: how come all my irked are lvl 1 even tho I'm level 15?
I mean I'm getting godly, epic and legendary items, but all lvl 1.

I'll post some screen caps. Staff first bc I'm most excited about the aoe :)

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/88f81a4b.jpg

Lesrider
12-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I created One of each char, but I just can't seem to stop playing Mage lol. Just too much fun!! I tried playing huntress a bit, but got bored of my ammo having to recharge.
I've yet to try the warrior yet (melee sounds annoying) and monk sounds challenging. But I'm giving my second-best equipment to my monk. Should be fun when I start lvling him with legendary and epic equipment at lvl 1 lol.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/387310d4.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/ab954f6c.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/b6c300c5.jpg

Arterra
12-20-2010, 03:06 AM
THOSE ARE GOOD MITTS. 20k selling rate above seems to mean it is truly awesome.

I can't post my screens since it is 3am, but I have started insane level farming of the forge.

I got a godly staff (high electric damage, 5 shots, all stats boosted, fast bullets... The works) a godly plate (1 of armor lol BUT considering it has high boosted stats and element resist... And it is 29k worth, I shall keep it) and I think godly boots (meh, it's like a Limbchopper of destiny, better that weaker weapon but yOu know there must be better. Decent stats)

Ps you increase the level by investing/upgrading.
If I come back in 12 hours and you are still stuck on basic forge usage, I will make pictures lol.
Can't wait to show you what kind of staff mobs are dealing with... I took care of an insane ogre with good ease.

Will give nice tactics for insane farming in the forge, and you better follow them before the big update (drastic item reduction and higher difficulty from what I hear :) )

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 06:45 AM
This is my new staff. I joined some random game (since I couldn't get invites to work) and someone dropped if for me (I think). Actually, they were dropping a bunch of godly items in the beginning, but I didn't take anything bc I wasn't sure they wanted us to. Why is there no way to communicate??????

Ok, I suspected that about the forge, but didn't want to waste my mana finding out whether that's true. So you think I should invest in those mitts? Not likely to find a better pair?
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/5730e779.jpg

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Btw, since any class can wear any clothing, be it chain, leather or plate, is there a down side to a Mage wearing plate? Does it slow you down? Can't find anything about it, but seems pointless to have diff names for them if nayone can wear them.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Just noticed that thing you said about the update. Dangit so these nice drops were a mistake, Eh? Guess I better farm like crazy before they change it.

supremo502
12-20-2010, 07:27 AM
aw dang i wanna play this game but i refuse to upgrade so i wait they spose to have a jailbreak for 4.2.1 on dec 24th when they do i update jailbreak an it on like donkey kong

u can jailbreak 4.2.1 but it is tethered... my ipad is 4.2.1 jailbroken

Arterra
12-20-2010, 07:46 AM
This is my new staff. I joined some random game (since I couldn't get invites to work) and someone dropped if for me (I think). Actually, they were dropping a bunch of godly items in the beginning, but I didn't take anything bc I wasn't sure they wanted us to. Why is there no way to communicate??????

Ok, I suspected that about the forge, but didn't want to waste my mana finding out whether that's true. So you think I should invest in those mitts? Not likely to find a better pair?
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/5730e779.jpg

u had to cover the elemental damage, the most important part?? -.- nice staff! though offers no way to bring down enemies if you only use fire towers in one spot and they are fire immune.

Btw, since any class can wear any clothing, be it chain, leather or plate, is there a down side to a Mage wearing plate? Does it slow you down? Can't find anything about it, but seems pointless to have diff names for them if nayone can wear them.

i use anything that make me better. :/ dont think it matters...

Just noticed that thing you said about the update. Dangit so these nice drops were a mistake, Eh? Guess I better farm like crazy before they change it.

stayed up till 4 doing insane forge solo. got it down gooooood... and yet again lost itouch >.< will have to use paint to draw up my tower builds.

Arterra
12-20-2010, 07:50 AM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d17508e5.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/22062d4a.jpg

currently upgraded it to about 60 electrical damage. ALL i will invest in is electricity, since i saw a screenshot of a max level canon with like 500 poison damage lol
yours IS better, but i just think fire proc weakens your strategy. i am starting to phase out the weaker towers, ony use them in very start to fend off first insane wave. then it is all fire and light (the max level tower)

edit: i like my knockback :D

Arterra
12-20-2010, 07:59 AM
i played a game of insane at the last level, the throne room, with a group of other lv25'ish people. was awesome, but annoying. slight lagg kept making me miss tight corners and stairs, while those DAMN ARCHERS kept sniping the crystal. we got the boss down to 800hp... and a sniper comes from the opposite side. crystal goes kablooiie....

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 09:42 AM

Yes and No. With boss drops, they go directly into your inventory and LOCK. You can lock and unlock items so you don't sell them on mistake. Also, you can only get so far in solo mode on certain difficulties. You get the best drops on Insane and that's pretty impossible to solo.

Everyone add my GC name please if you are playing this. I've been doing quick matches and get paired up with shmucks. GC = Slimeon

My main is a lvl 21 Apprentice with all tower specs. I can kill Ogres with one tower.

I've seen Cascade and Arterra on the forums already.

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d17508e5.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/22062d4a.jpg

currently upgraded it to about 60 electrical damage. ALL i will invest in is electricity, since i saw a screenshot of a max level canon with like 500 poison damage lol
yours IS better, but i just think fire proc weakens your strategy. i am starting to phase out the weaker towers, ony use them in very start to fend off first insane wave. then it is all fire and light (the max level tower)

edit: i like my knockback :D

Nice drop. I only have 1 godly item and the rest are epics. Holding off on all upgrades till I find a godly.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Arterr, I'm not sure how I covered those stats lol. I'll try taking another one.

What level are you guys?
And when you say forge farming, I think you might be doing what I've been doing to get the godly items? That ogre drops sever at a time on hard mode and above!

And i've tried inviting people, never works. I just get fb messages from them asking what happened. And if they invite me, I don't get it either.

Oh and Arterra, lightning isn't the last tower...

I'm lvl 17, btw.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 10:21 AM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/7022c246.jpg

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Just found these two, but I think my current one is better.
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/5a8f34bb.jpg
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/9d5956b1.jpg

Arterra
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Also, you can only get so far in solo mode on certain difficulties. You get the best drops on Insane and that's pretty impossible to solo.
My main is a lvl 21 Apprentice with all tower specs. I can kill Ogres with one tower.

I've seen Cascade and Arterra on the forums already.

i saw varking. already in a argument lol
insane is basically just hard with time limit in build mode... and sprinting creeps... basically just stay next to your crystal until your towers are nice and red hot :) soloing the forges and foundries on insane gets you awesome drops and mana for upgrades. u have to get good character running speed though...

Arterr, I'm not sure how I covered those stats lol. I'll try taking another one.

What level are you guys?
And when you say forge farming, I think you might be doing what I've been doing to get the godly items? That ogre drops sever at a time on hard mode and above!

Oh and Arterra, lightning isn't the last tower...

I'm lvl 17, btw.

lv 27 i think. insane gets me about 8 stat points per game, stops counting actual levels lol
and btw, i said light not lightning :) i dont use lightning unless trying to cover a wide area, and there is a slowing aura too. i put a fire and a light on the two sides to the crystal, and one fire and 3 light towers on the middle corridor, wall covering all sides. insane got so easy after i start upgrading those things, and with high attack rate they are beast. talking about forge btw

ps i have tower overkill in middle area since a) light can reach the ends where mobs meet fully upgraded, so major chokepoint and b) i always lead the ogre into that trap.

Arterra
12-20-2010, 11:43 AM
one more thing: i find that upgrading elemental damage increases more than normal damage. hence, getting weapons with increadibly high proc damage and upgrading just that makes overkill.

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 12:13 PM
For farming, I've just been doing the 2nd lvl on Hard, and kill the Ogre with the quickness and hope for the best, he usually drops epics and legendaries, with a godly once in a while. I haven't tried on Insane yet, but I'm sure my lvl 21 apprentice can handle that. I've been maxing out tower dmg and speed and can take out an ogre with 3-4 blasts from my upgraded Dark tower. I've heard you can just go Lab on Insane, pass the first wave, and the chests will be loaded with Godly drops.

Les, I just got your GC invite, guys let's all hook up!

Cascade
12-20-2010, 12:24 PM
I was doing lvl 2 on insane with a lvl 51 and I lvled up a lot and got some good gear :) I have a lvl 18 apprentice, a lvl 8 huntress, and a lvl 4 monk.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 12:29 PM
I've also been doing lvl 2 on hard. I tried insane, but I hate the timer. The crystal broke on the last wave :(

I'm now also lvl 21. I created other classes as well, but having too much fun with my apprentice to work on the others.

I will have to try the Lab on insane like you said.

And I'd love to hook up with you guys if it'll just work!!!!!

For farming, I've just been doing the 2nd lvl on Hard, and kill the Ogre with the quickness and hope for the best, he usually drops epics and legendaries, with a godly once in a while. I haven't tried on Insane yet, but I'm sure my lvl 21 apprentice can handle that. I've been maxing out tower dmg and speed and can take out an ogre with 3-4 blasts from my upgraded Dark tower. I've heard you can just go Lab on Insane, pass the first wave, and the chests will be loaded with Godly drops.

Les, I just got your GC invite, guys let's all hook up!

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah MP seems pretty unstable, but they plan to fix that. I've also noticed some games I join, I set towers everywhere, and totally own all the mobs,then I get kicked from the game on the last wave, so the nub host can reap the rewards!

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Oh that's horrible.
That's actually part of the reason I don't want to join random games. Rather play with people I know who (hopefully) won't screw me over.

Also, how the hell do you communicate with people??? I played one multiplayer game and hated that I couldn't communicate. DD could definitely take some pointers from PL.

Cascade
12-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I know! You can only communicate in the tavern!-Major fail...It at least needs a chatbox or something for when your actually fighting! Some people use skype but I don't want to have to use skype to play -.-

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Yeah they need to work on communicating. People seem to be using Skype during gameplay to talk, which seems like a great idea. Look forward to playing with you guys!

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Skype on the phone? Does it work? Cuz I don't want to have to sit by my PC to play...

Try inviting me sometime. Not sure what happens when you're invited -- I'd like to see if it works.

Cascade
12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Ill send you a request on GC BB and I made a thread about the communicating thing on their website go check it out and voice your feedback

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 01:15 PM
How do you communicate in the tavern?

Cascade
12-20-2010, 01:16 PM
There is a little button with a picture of a microphone on it, press it and start talking....

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Btw, I just discovered that I can use my lvl 21 apprentice towers to help my itty bitty low lvl characters fend off the attackers. Since monk and huntress defenses are not really enough on their own (haven't tried knight yet bc I can't imagine having to play this game with melee combat. I like waiting for the monsters to come to me).

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 02:54 PM
According to that guy "Finally" he has a lvl 50-60 squire that owns everything and he needs no towers. The squire seems to be a hero dps build, while having bumpers cades to keep the heat off while you make chop suey out of everything. I've seen some beastly monks too, and the healing aura they offer is great. The Huntress is def an all DPS build.

I love the fact you an upgrade your equipment too.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Yeah there's so much depth in the game. I love how you can have four of your own characters work together on one game. So much to do!!!

I do think they need to take some tips from PL as far as multiplayer goes, though. And the camera stuff. The camera has too much of s life of it's own. Maybe I need to mess around with the settings??

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Btw, the huntress seems annoying bc she always has to reload, while apprentice and monk can keep shooting without stopping. What's the benefit of a huntress?

I've yet to see all the defenses of the characters besides apprentice. Will have to check them out and see which class I want to work on as my secondary char (will prob be monk).

Arterra
12-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Btw, the huntress seems annoying bc she always has to reload, while apprentice and monk can keep shooting without stopping. What's the benefit of a huntress?

I've yet to see all the defenses of the characters besides apprentice. Will have to check them out and see which class I want to work on as my secondary char (will prob be monk).

huntress seems to have stronger single shots, making it a boss murderer. once you have your auras and towers in place, get ready for that ogre with a upgraded gun and MURDER IT lol

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=mkx.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Hahaha! Love the name. Damn, lvl 10? That's not yours, is it?

Arterra
12-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Hahaha! Love the name. Damn, lvl 10? That's not yours, is it?

LOL i wish... i think it is that if you reach level ten you get to name it and it says forged by [namehere]

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh cool, I want to name my items!
Damn this game has so so much depth.
If they fix the multiplayer and the camera, it would be PERFECT!

BeardedBear
12-20-2010, 03:46 PM
The Huntress is all about dmg. Her traps cause massive damage, but only have a certain amount of uses, unless you repair them. Her attack is def the highest off the bat. The standard bow you get was doing more dmg than an epic lvl 3 staff I had. I agree, the reload is SUPER annoying, especially while I'm point blanking mofos right in the face!

my 2nd main is a Huntress, but now I'm leaning more towards a monk or squire, and be a melee brawler.

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 04:37 PM
I now have a lvl 21 apprentice and lvl 9 monk. I like that the monk can still shoot like the apprentice. That way I can stay near the defenses and repair them as needed (monk defenses need constant repairing jeez!).

Still can't get a multiplayer game to work. Anyone wanna try inviting me and see what happens?

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I dunno, I can probably do a lot more damage with my apprentice shooting rapid fire non-stop. I don't have the patience to deal with reloading. Maybe one day I'll work on my huntress, but not now.

The Huntress is all about dmg. Her traps cause massive damage, but only have a certain amount of uses, unless you repair them. Her attack is def the highest off the bat. The standard bow you get was doing more dmg than an epic lvl 3 staff I had. I agree, the reload is SUPER annoying, especially while I'm point blanking mofos right in the face!

my 2nd main is a Huntress, but now I'm leaning more towards a monk or squire, and be a melee brawler.

Arterra
12-20-2010, 05:01 PM
i love how i can either stand back and hit everyone with 5 shots of magic, or get in close and basically pull the trigger on the shotgun xD

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 05:32 PM
i love how i can either stand back and hit everyone with 5 shots of magic, or get in close and basically pull the trigger on the shotgun xD

What shotgun? Noe you have me confused lol. Apprentice/huntress hybrid?

Arterra
12-20-2010, 06:05 PM
What shotgun? Noe you have me confused lol. Apprentice/huntress hybrid?

ack, you are too literal. xD

Lesrider
12-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Lol.

Ok I'm seriously getting annoyed that I can't invite anyone.
Arterra, have you been getting my invites? It just keeps waitin and waiting...

Arterra
12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
i lost my device, found it, and lost it again. have no idea. i just enter random games or insane solo ogre farm.

BeardedBear
12-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Lol.

Ok I'm seriously getting annoyed that I can't invite anyone.
Arterra, have you been getting my invites? It just keeps waitin and waiting...

Hey Les, I got your invite but couldn't connect.

I know the next patch is focusing on MP, so hopefully they will fix that. I'm been farming like crazy and have some ridiculous gear on my lvl 31 apprentice right now.

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Have you been farming anywhere but lvl 2 on hard for the ogre?
I've also been doing it, sometimes just my apprentice and sometimes I use him to lvl my monk and get my monk better gear.
Got lots of nice loot, but still haven't topped my fire staff yet...
What I do when I get something better is give it to my apprentice, then my monk gets second best and then my unused warrior and huntress get the next best.

Starting to get bored, though, and I'd just like to be able to play with a friend or two dammit!!

Have you guys started the level with 2 crystals yet? I've kinda been pushing it off bc it looks annoying. Just collecting the treasure chests was a hassle with the stupid camera moving every which way.

BeardedBear
12-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Lvl 2 is my main farm for solo. I'm going to try lvl 3 and see if the drops change. Just a side note, anything that is "pristine", wether its epic, legendary, or godly, seems to be the cream of the crop. I've found 2 pristine legendaries that blow any Godly I've seen out of the water. The levels with 2 crystals are a pain in the ***, but are doable in solo if you have a tower build.

I'm going to work on a DPS squire next!

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 11:49 AM
I just beat the one with two crystals on medium. No good loot. The next level has lava, but at least the two crystals are right near each other.

I guess back to more farming...

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Ey can you post a photo of a pristine item? I haven't seem one yet. My best are blessed and enchanted.

crysta!
12-21-2010, 12:38 PM
This game worth buying over infinity?

BeardedBear
12-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Ey can you post a photo of a pristine item? I haven't seem one yet. My best are blessed and enchanted.

Found two so far, both are legendary. While the resistances aren't anything special, the player/tower points are high as h3ll. I should note, this is on a tower Apprentice build.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/IMG_0317.png

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/IMG_0318.png

BeardedBear
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
This game worth buying over infinity?

I actually stopped playing IF since I got this game. It's half the price of IF too, so it's a no brainer.

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Wow they're worth over 35k, too. Haven't seen anything that pricy.

Thebnew update is gonna kill our farming :(

King Richie
12-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Can people invite me .... Please =)

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Can people invite me .... Please =)

I've tried. Never works for me :(
I guess I'll have to wait till the patch on jan 2 and just work on my chars till then. They'll be using gamespy, which will hopefully be better.

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Did these drop from ogres on lvl 2 hard?

Found two so far, both are legendary. While the resistances aren't anything special, the player/tower points are high as h3ll. I should note, this is on a tower Apprentice build.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/IMG_0317.png

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/IMG_0318.png

BeardedBear
12-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah, they were lvl 2 ogre drops. And I guess they are making an update to nerf drops? I didn't hear about this.

I'll be farming hardcore tonight in that case!

Arterra
12-21-2010, 03:06 PM
all i know is that im playing in airplane mode and not updating any app until i get a few pristine lol... im not losing out on those drops xD

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
What does airplane mode do?

And the update is jan 2, so we have a bit of time.
Everything else about the update sounds amazing. Hopefully multiplayer will work. And I want a little pet dragon :)

Cascade
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
:) Here are my chars on DD:

Apprentice-24
Monk-4
Huntress-9
Squire-8

Just did lvl 2 on insane with a lvl 60

Prest87
12-21-2010, 03:20 PM
What does airplane mode do?

And the update is jan 2, so we have a bit of time.
Everything else about the update sounds amazing. Hopefully multiplayer will work. And I want a little pet dragon :)

I want this app but my ipod is 3G 8gb so can't get it, any idea if the update will let me get it.

Arterra
12-21-2010, 04:22 PM
ps i tried doing lv 3 mage dorms on insane... cant get past the very fist group lol... the chests are too far apart, so find it hard to even get 2 towers in before they sprint up and slaughter my crystal. i THINK if i didnt keep placing a third tower wrong (keeps moving when i try accepting a good angle) i could get a little farther, idk.

Arterra
12-21-2010, 04:25 PM
anybody know details of a mass-ogre challenge? i hear it is THE way for godly stuff.

crysta!
12-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Is it extensive, and engaging?

Prest87
12-21-2010, 04:41 PM
I want this app but my ipod is 3G 8gb so can't get it, any idea if the update will let me get it.

Could someone plz answer this.

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 07:05 PM
anybody know details of a mass-ogre challenge? i hear it is THE way for godly stuff.

Ogre challenge has a timer even on hard. I tried it and lost pretty quickly.
Can't remember if I tried medium or not.

I don't understand why lvl 3, 4, and 5 loot are so awful. Doesn't make sense to play them. I also wasn't getting much experience. Bah.

Cascade
12-21-2010, 07:19 PM
What lvl are you guys?

Arterra
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Could someone plz answer this.

frankly have no idea. is it a 3g iphone or a "3g" itouch? 8-gig makes it sound iffy, will run but hey, if you can play PL no problems it will not be TOO awful...

What lvl are you guys?

lost my itouch again... so still around 27. cant WAIT to get back into insane farming...

Lesrider
12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
How do you keep losing it? Jeez. My apprentice is 27 now, too. And my monk is lvl 13.

Prest87
12-21-2010, 11:42 PM
frankly have no idea. is it a 3g iphone or a "3g" itouch? 8-gig makes it sound iffy, will run but hey, if you can play PL no problems it will not be TOO awful...

lost my itouch again... so still around 27. cant WAIT to get back into insane farming...

It is an itouch

Prest87
12-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Got it for ipad what does overcharge do

Prest87
12-22-2010, 07:32 PM
By the way add my ipad openfeint acount ( Ruygrats)

Prest87
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Lvl 8 mage at moment

LoonnooL
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
how do you unlock the ogre challenge?

Lesrider
12-22-2010, 10:43 PM
how do you unlock the ogre challenge?

Mine was unlocked when I looked for it. I assume you just need to unlock the level where it takes place -- I think it's the castle armory.

Prest87
12-22-2010, 11:07 PM
What do Mage skills do?

Prest87
12-23-2010, 01:04 PM
So happy joined a lvl 60 game and got some decent loot Including a legendary enchanted pristine coat worth 24452!

maneut
12-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Hi folks,

Thinking of getting this game.. but I saw some videos and my head kinda spins when I look at the controls... is there any simple guide out there for me, so that I won't feel so lost when I purchase the game :)

Merry Christmas to all!!

Prest87
12-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Hi folks,

Thinking of getting this game.. but I saw some videos and my head kinda spins when I look at the controls... is there any simple guide out there for me, so that I won't feel so lost when I purchase the game :)

Merry Christmas to all!!

There are guides under the fourm for dd but the controls are actually not that tough to use.

LoonnooL
12-24-2010, 02:06 AM
lol, if u need any help you can just ask here.

and I got a sword for squire that sells for over 9 mil. thats like overkill since the max amount of mana you can have in your bank is 999,999

Anyone got a good weapon for apprentice? if so, please post a screenie =p

Arterra
12-24-2010, 09:09 AM
i want to see that sword of yours... sounds... AWESOME

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I accidentally liquidated a really cool skeleton bow that I had upgraded to lvl 10 :( it had 92 ammo, about 500 fire damage, and shot super-fast, nonstop!! It was only worth like 90k bc it started off cheap, but I still found some great use for it. And was going to try it on some ogres, but never got to :(
So sad. I have another upgraded gun to use, but I still miss this one. Now I have to farm like crazy to try and find a replacement.

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 10:13 AM
I just soloed some insane ogres with my huntress and got this:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/3baaf159.jpg

Prest87
12-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I just soloed some insane ogres with my huntress and got this:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/3baaf159.jpg

Worth so much mana!
Add me on openfeint guys ruygrats

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Lol the glitch gives you unlimited mana if you find the right weapons. Too bad the mana bank cap is 999,999 so these items can't be sold for more than that :(
I also don't know what will change about them with the update, but they're definitely toning it down a lot.

Prest87
12-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Lol the glitch gives you unlimited mana if you find the right weapons. Too bad the mana bank cap is 999,999 so these items can't be sold for more than that :(
I also don't know what will change about them with the update, but they're definitely toning it down a lot.

Hey could u help lvl my huntress who is currently lvl 17

Arterra
12-24-2010, 12:32 PM
you got it AS a lv10 already... or did you just decide to level it to get that much awesomeness xD

Arterra
12-24-2010, 12:33 PM
on another note: found itouch. but prefer solo, unless someone is confident in their internet connectivity. only interested in f&f insane

Arterra

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Arterra, get a weapon with 30+ elemental damage and max it out in the forge. Then take it to insane ogre crush and kill/loot as many as you can before dying. Then start over. Got some killer equipment that way, and those weapons also equate to unlimited mana.

Also, I love naming things. Look how long the names can get :)

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/b1c40f9b.jpg

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 12:47 PM
you got it AS a lv10 already... or did you just decide to level it to get that much awesomeness xD

No I lvled it of course! Take advantage of the elemental glitch while you can! They're fixing it in 1.1, so you won't be able to do this. Basically I'm using an overpowered elemental weapon to farm insane ogre crush. Basically have unlimited mana to upgrade all my other equipment. That way when the update comes out, all my great gear will already be lvl 10.
The only problem is getting my monk and squire good stuff, as I barely lvled them and I hate playin them. But must get them good weapons somehow. First focusing on apprentice and huntress (her weapons are frickin awesome!!!).

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 02:06 PM
This is the one I use now bc it has two shots for 900 :) And the low number of ammo doesn't make a difference bc it reloads so fast.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/28214946.jpg

Arterra
12-24-2010, 02:13 PM
ARRGHH.... was with cascade in throne room insane and my internet disconnects me... goddamit, feeling glum now. more ogre solo for sure.

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 02:18 PM
We had the same problem the other night. Last wave and we all got disconnected. Same thing happened on the one random game I had joined, and I thought I was booted. Guess not. Seems to be a bug.

I'm just soloing insane ogres to get loot and exp for my apprentice and huntress. Don't like the monk or squire all that much for soloing, but I want to work on them before the update as well.

pcm2a
12-24-2010, 04:44 PM
I installed it on my Droid X and the graphics are freaking unbelievable but I did get a little chop. I watched the video tutorial and compared to a regular mmorpg it seems awfully complicated.

I had a couple of questions to anyone that is an expert:
1. Does it have the 5-minute-play-on-the-toilet playability factor? Pocket Legends is awesome cause you can run a whole dungeon in a matter of a few minutes. A 30-45 minute game wouldn't be that great.

2. Is this the type of MMO where you level a guy from 0-50 through many levels of play (similar to PL)? I don't want to purchase it for $3 and have to buy a new $3 expansion every 15 days.

Prest87
12-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Lvl 27 now ogre crush lvls u so quickly and on hard it's really easy have like full godly now :)

Arterra
12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
lol full team had trouble on ogre challenge insane. nobody was paying attention to the ogres that kept coming and leading them away from crystal, so we lost twice before everyone left.

hard mode for leveling here we GO.

Arterra
12-24-2010, 07:00 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/8a7c8446.jpg

odd, i do not remember putting in more than a million mana... Ohh now i understand the glitch

also, I have found a way to get MANY easily solo-able legendary/epic/godly stuff: do survivor on insane in f&f. around wave 7+ common mobs start dropping stuff like crazy! i like to start around wave 3 to set up camp... those b@stards get annoying... lol ninja knights either go straight to my face or my deadly-striker towers.

Lesrider
12-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Arterra, just do ogre crush on insane mode. Kill as many as you can then Restart the level. Best way to get rare loot.

Cascade
12-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I have a lvl 60 apprentice and a lvl 59 Huntress!

Prest87
12-25-2010, 01:44 AM
The glitch with the money is awsome I have like at least 5 items worth over 1mil and I'm only like lvl 29

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Anyone need some armor/helms, etc? I liquidated all of mine under 20k and I'm still running out of space. Let me know before I start dropping them all over my tavern lol.

And if anyone has a nice monk weapon they can spare with a strong chi blast (over 120 dmg and +3 shots), I would love it. I have other stuff to trade for it. I just want to be able to do ogre crush with my monk already.

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Ok, I now have liquidated all armor/helms, etc under 25k. Let me know if you want any of my 27k, 30k, etc.

Im still looking for a monk weapon, only at more than 175 damage now (at lvl 10, that is).

Arterra
12-25-2010, 09:54 AM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/3367be57.jpg
i got a set lol. i think it was originally a plate set, now i call it my Glowing Set ^^ (they are glowing)

im making a new mage since i am maxed stats and want to better use stat points due to high item bonuses

Arterra
12-25-2010, 10:01 AM
here is viral virus... currently in search of a possibly better weapon, honestly good enough by my standards, but always looking for better lol
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/4c1bddea.jpg

I am making a set of weapons specializing in normal damage to use for common mobs, that i will call Element W-Z (for each class)
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/2b4a3774.jpg

Here is my squires new sword. his set will be the "bright" item set lol (huntress is shimmering and monk is... idk yet)
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/886c8ec7.jpg

Arterra
12-25-2010, 10:03 AM
i am having trouble doing harder maps with my underdeveloped monk and huntress... i messed up in upgrading my monks weapon to allow him to do ogres, so if anyone manages to get me invited into a taver to give me some... i can give some monies back.

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 10:53 AM
Lol all 4 of my chars have glowing sets. And you're a lot more calculated in your naming lol. I just name it whatever comes to mind at the time.
I currently have a few awesome weapons for huntress, an ok one for apprentice (seems tough to find high elem damage on those), someone gave me a really nice squire weapon, but I'll farm my own as well eventually.
The one that I just can't seem to find is a monk weapon, since I'm looking only to work on chi blast. And it sucks that adding points into his attack doesn't effect chi blast -- only melee combat. This is why my monk has now taken fourth place below my squire. He's just a sucky class. I don't even know where to allocate points, bc nothing seems to make any difference. That said, I still want to have 4 maxes out chars to be able to swap out as needed.

I'll post some more photos of junk just bc it's fun :)

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Ok this is my favorite ogre killer. It actually stops them in their tracks sometimes. I can kill them before they get up the first staircase if I start shooting as they enter. It's mad fast, crazy ammo, and reload speed is decent as well. It's not worth much, but of all the weapons i've upgraded, it kills ogres the fastest. I'm still on the lookout for a better skeleton bow, but they seem hard to come by.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/91366303.jpg

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 11:15 AM
My Squire weapon:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/f9e58ed4.jpg

My current apprentice weapon:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/48bfd6a2.jpg

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 11:19 AM
And some of my best armor:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/6d887b47.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/89eafa78.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa373/xenacrazy/f9e0395f.jpg

LoonnooL
12-25-2010, 01:01 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8517/img0285.png (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/img0285.png/)

probably one of the best boots available =p

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 01:19 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8517/img0285.png (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/img0285.png/)

probably one of the best boots available =p
Daaaammmmnnnnnn. What did you loot those from? I've yet to loot a godly pristine item :(

LoonnooL
12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
ogre crash/crush (forgot which is the one used to name the level) insane mode ! pretty lucky to get it though. =P

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 02:06 PM
I was wondering... Do they drop better loot in the later waves? Cuz I usually just clear the first wave and remake since I have no room for more loot anyway.

Arterra
12-25-2010, 02:12 PM
lol i like it all! though i would have upgraded # of shots in staff, since it increases dps by giving you a whole other shot. i love having 6 shots...

I got 1 pristine item, my glowing helm.

Arterra
12-25-2010, 02:15 PM
ps my new ogre killer char is my huntress @_@ so. much. damage. from. traps. that and got a dragon launcher that started out at 10k mana ^^ 3 separate shots, 3 waves per second makes 9 hits per second. add in my 300 poison damage and 50 normal damage, you got 3150 dps not counting traps. (GAS TRAP WORKS MIRACLES)
that, and it looks freaking awesome xD

MoarPewPew
12-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I bought the game. It's good but laggy. I don't really play it though. Ps. Hi Arterra!!!!

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 06:52 PM
lol i like it all! though i would have upgraded # of shots in staff, since it increases dps by giving you a whole other shot. i love having 6 shots...

I got 1 pristine item, my glowing helm.

Every time I think of upgrading the shots, the option is gone. Does it have to be upgrade early on before making other changes?

Sounds like a nice dragon cannon -- post a pic!
I have a dragon cannon that does 2 shots for 900 elemental each. Low amo, but reloading is like one second, so doesn't make a diff. But my favorite ogre killer is still the skeleton bow.

How many waves of ogres have you killed? I usually just go back to the tavern on my second wave bc my inventory is full. Ugh that inventory is soooo tiny. May have to start dropping things around my tavern so I can play longer at a time.

And Arterra, you have a godly pristine item, too? Darn I feel left out.

Arterra
12-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Every time I think of upgrading the shots, the option is gone. Does it have to be upgrade early on before making other changes?

Sounds like a nice dragon cannon -- post a pic!
I have a dragon cannon that does 2 shots for 900 elemental each. Low amo, but reloading is like one second, so doesn't make a diff. But my favorite ogre killer is still the skeleton bow.

How many waves of ogres have you killed? I usually just go back to the tavern on my second wave bc my inventory is full. Ugh that inventory is soooo tiny. May have to start dropping things around my tavern so I can play longer at a time.

And Arterra, you have a godly pristine item, too? Darn I feel left out.

i find that i need to check every option, every level. some levels, it gives you the option to raise a stat point by 2 instead of one on most armors! and i just feel that unless you are making some mana-selling weapon, more shots beats more damage, as long as one more shot means more damage added than what it is added to the damage... ugh... yea... lol

lol yea... i would like to keep going on insane ogre, but no point if i get no items. 2 is pretty much all you need.
though i notice i have like 6 different swords in my stash... i am such a hoarder.

Arterra
12-25-2010, 09:41 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d6526903.jpg
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/521d0c04.jpg

and I FINALLY got a staff i can be sorta-proud of. got it off the boss in hard mode in the alchemy place. works.

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/8f2cd71f.jpg

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Heh well my dragon cannon with 2 shots of 900 each does more damage than your three shots ;)
Anyway, I've noticed that if the shots don't all hit head on, they do less damage.
I'm a hoarder, too. I have trouble liquidating decent items. And I dunno what changes they'll makE exactly, ao I want to have choices. I've started dropping things in my tavern so I can hoard more lol:

Nice monk weapon: mine o ly does 175 :( I'm still searching for the best one, but not that determined bc my monk is annoying me.

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok, did you guys beat the throne room? I finally took a break from ogre crushing to do so, and the ending sucked. Here's what one of the devs had to say about it:

For clarification, the mobile version of the game is called "Dungeon Defenders: First Wave" and is intended to segment into the PC and console versions of the game. As noted previous to the release of the mobile, DDFW would merely be a part of the full game and a way for PC players to enjoy the game even when they are not at home.

However, once PvP is up and running, the mobile version will be a lot more complete.

So now I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't get too obsessed with this game. Sounds like it's only a supplement to the PC version and not really meant to stand on its own. And since I have no plans to buy the PC version, it might be an utter waste of time.

I guess I'll continue lvling and getting good gear and see what happens with the update.

Cascade
12-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I have a lvl 60 apprentice, huntress, and Squire! =) Working on my monk currently...

LoonnooL
12-25-2010, 11:09 PM
Actually, you can get good weapon for monks to start on ogre insane if you have a huntress.

Set up gas & the 80 mana traps near the entrance where the ogre spawns. Swap character using the forge during the next build phase to monk. Dance around with your monk while the traps kill the ogre, proceed with looting the eqs!

btw, the mobs only drop weapons that are usable by your class when you're soloing. and the reward for COMPLETING ogre insane sucks.

Lesrider
12-25-2010, 11:40 PM
Hmm, the problem is, to do that I would have to set them up AND swap within the first build stage, bc the second one is literally 2-3 seconds long. It always goes straight from build phase to combat phase with no time in between.

Anyway, I never have enough room in my box to do more than 1.5 waves before I fill up and go back to the tavern.

maneut
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
I have a lvl 60 apprentice, huntress, and Squire! =) Working on my monk currently...

Waa.. how you level so fast? I played for like 6 hours and I'm still lvl 18 apprentice only :( I kinda suck at this game..

Htiek
12-26-2010, 01:16 AM
is it mmo?
i havnt try this game

maneut
12-26-2010, 05:32 AM
is it mmo?
i havnt try this game

It's mmo portion is buggy atm I think.. I couldn't join any online game :p

I think it's closest to warcraft? you lead a hero and build defense against waves of monsters to protect a crystal... quite fun and tough :) Lots of replay value.. at $2.99 it's very worth it..

Torrentula81
12-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Yay downoading it now on droid x. Can officially say good bye to pocket legends. See ya. Devs took to long fiddling around with useless maps rather more exciting gameplay. Ill give away my crap later today. Have to install 24mb of rubish just to do so. But what a great momoent it will be!

Arterra
12-26-2010, 07:29 AM
i tried inviting you maneut lol. ill blame the mmo buggy thing.

well off skiing for a few days, see ya!
(ps there is a prize for the fist person to pm me about the pure strategy mode glitch...)

Arterra
12-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Heh well my dragon cannon with 2 shots of 900 each does more damage than your three shots ;)
Anyway, I've noticed that if the shots don't all hit head on, they do less damage.
I'm a hoarder, too. I have trouble liquidating decent items. And I dunno what changes they'll makE exactly, ao I want to have choices. I've started dropping things in my tavern so I can hoard more lol:

Nice monk weapon: mine o ly does 175 :( I'm still searching for the best one, but not that determined bc my monk is annoying me.

working out the kinks on my huntress xD the fist decent dragon axe i found.

also, my monk staff is a legendary item that got automatically put into stash after alchemy boss in hard mode.... maybe ill try that a bit more...

Lesrider
12-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Yay downoading it now on droid x. Can officially say good bye to pocket legends. See ya. Devs took to long fiddling around with useless maps rather more exciting gameplay. Ill give away my crap later today. Have to install 24mb of rubish just to do so. But what a great momoent it will be!

Before you go deleting PL, make sure you like the game first ;)

Lesrider
12-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Anyone else disappointed by the "ending"? I asked about it on their forum and was basically told that the mobile version is not meant to stand on its own. Just curious if you guys came into this knowing that and are planning to buy the PC/console version (I am not, mainly bc my PC is crap).

BolloBear
12-26-2010, 12:13 PM
This wont work for my ipod touch 3g 8g, why

Omglolwtfbbq
12-26-2010, 03:54 PM
This wont work for my ipod touch 3g 8g, why
Thats because the 3g 8gb still has hardware from the 2g ipod touch, which is not good enough to run this game. only the 32 and 64gb versions have better hardware then the 2g ipods.

Just downloaded DD to give it a try and it's really good so far! Too bad my jailbreak is tethered now but oh well... my gamecenter name is infin1te Cake

jjjjaaaakkkke
12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Time for some DD once I got 4.2 downloaded.. can't play PL right now, infinity blade got boring.. time for DD.

Lesrider
12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
You won't be disappointed!

maneut
12-27-2010, 12:05 AM
i tried inviting you maneut lol. ill blame the mmo buggy thing.

well off skiing for a few days, see ya!
(ps there is a prize for the fist person to pm me about the pure strategy mode glitch...)

oh... didn't see any invite message, btw I finally got my apprentice to 40 :) 20 lvls to go -.-

maneut
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Time for some DD once I got 4.2 downloaded.. can't play PL right now, infinity blade got boring.. time for DD.

Welcome to the dark side... hehe

Bigsleazy
12-27-2010, 12:07 AM
Ahh this game is amazing. Runs amazing on iPhone 4

maneut
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Actually, you can get good weapon for monks to start on ogre insane if you have a huntress.

Set up gas & the 80 mana traps near the entrance where the ogre spawns. Swap character using the forge during the next build phase to monk. Dance around with your monk while the traps kill the ogre, proceed with looting the eqs!

btw, the mobs only drop weapons that are usable by your class when you're soloing. and the reward for COMPLETING ogre insane sucks.

Huntress traps so powerful?? eh how to use ah?? need what level to be effective? my huntress only lvl 10 atm :p

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Huntresses are awesome once you find a weapon you can upgrade to high elemental damage. Love my huntress. And the weapons are so f***ing awesome! Skeleton, dragon, Phoenix (only saw someone with that, never looted one myself :( ). They're just so fun to mess around with. And yeah, their traps have killer damage.

I'm working on my squire and monk now (managed to find a monk weapon maxed out to 243 chi damage. Might be able to do a bit better than that, so still looking).

And manuet, right now (on iOS at least), there's a glitch that allows certain weapons to be overpowered. So much so that lvl doesn't really matter. Get a strong weapon and hunt insane ogres, loot better weapons and armor. This will be fixed in the update in early jan, so take advantage of it while you can.

maneut
12-27-2010, 01:22 AM
Huntresses are awesome once you find a weapon you can upgrade to high elemental damage. Love my huntress. And the weapons are so f***ing awesome! Skeleton, dragon, Phoenix (only saw someone with that, never looted one myself :( ). They're just so fun to mess around with. And yeah, their traps have killer damage.

I'm working on my squire and monk now (managed to find a monk weapon maxed out to 243 chi damage. Might be able to do a bit better than that, so still looking).

And manuet, right now (on iOS at least), there's a glitch that allows certain weapons to be overpowered. So much so that lvl doesn't really matter. Get a strong weapon and hunt insane ogres, loot better weapons and armor. This will be fixed in the update in early jan, so take advantage of it while you can.

Ya, I read your post in DD forum.. :) thanks for the tip! but I can't find a weapon of elemental damage greater than 27 for my apprentice.. but I upgraded to lvl 10 and ya it rocks! I can sometimes survive insane orges 1st wave now.. hehe

Any tips on huntress? they seems to rock! :)

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Staves seem hard to find with high elem damage. But keep farming ogres for them. So far the best I've gotten is around 500 elemental damage. Huntress and squire weapons go up to like 13-1400.

Honestly, I haven't been using my huntress for much more than ogre runs, and then I just kill till my bag is full, sort through the loot and remake.
But those who are more skilled with their huntresses use gas and ethereal spikes together, I believe, to take down enemies quick.

I started with my apprentice, so I'm more familiar with the towers, when and where to use them, etc. I kinda powerleveled some of my other chars using my apprentice towers lol. This game let's you do that pretty easily. But now if I do a solo game on hard, I'll use traps from at least apprentice and squire. I find the squire defenses to be great at blockading the crystals. Then the apprentice towers take out all the oncoming enemies from afar.

I think huntress traps are best used on big enemies like ogres, bc they pack a quick punch.

And my monk i started adding lots of points into his two skills bc I can't find anything else worth investing in. Figure he'll just be a mobile buffer.

maneut
12-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Hmm.. what level can the huntress solo insane orge? :)

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 02:08 AM
It really depends on your weapon mostly. You only need to be able to kill a couple and remake -- it'll lvl you super fast, too. I'll see if I have a weapon I can spare to get you started. Once you start farming ogres, you'll find your own weapons that are better.

Ogres have like twenty thousand Hp, so as a huntress if you can take out a few thousand per second, you can start farming them. Just memorize the order in which they enter, so you can be there waiting for them.

maneut
12-27-2010, 02:38 AM
It really depends on your weapon mostly. You only need to be able to kill a couple and remake -- it'll lvl you super fast, too. I'll see if I have a weapon I can spare to get you started. Once you start farming ogres, you'll find your own weapons that are better.

Ogres have like twenty thousand Hp, so as a huntress if you can take out a few thousand per second, you can start farming them. Just memorize the order in which they enter, so you can be there waiting for them.

Ah ha! Ok, I'll try to lvl my huntress to 20 first.. hopefully by then I got a decent weapon to whack the orges.. I'm still totally lost on huntress... I'm ok on apprentice though :)

BolloBear
12-27-2010, 10:57 AM
How can I even find level 5-10 weapons, I have never seen one drop and would like one.

maneut
12-27-2010, 11:03 AM
How can I even find level 5-10 weapons, I have never seen one drop and would like one.

All weapon starts at lvl 1, you have to forge them at your forge.. when you view our hero info at your forge you have the option to upgrade them... try it you will be amazed :)

If you're an apprentice, there's a glitch you can exploit before the patch, find any elemental staff with damage greater than 20? and upgrade the elemental all the way to lvl 10... and well your weapon now should sell for at least 500k mana :)

Have fun!!

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
All items drop at lvl 1 and you invest mana in them in the forge to upgrade to lvl 2-10. Right now, you can wear any lvl items at any lvl, so you can be a very overpowered lvl 1. But they're adding lvl restrictions to items in the upcoming patch. So lvl up fast!!

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
The glitch works on all weapons that start with 30+ elemental eMate, not just staves. The higher the elemental damage, the more it's worth. Again, that's being fixed with the new patch.

All weapon starts at lvl 1, you have to forge them at your forge.. when you view our hero info at your forge you have the option to upgrade them... try it you will be amazed :)

If you're an apprentice, there's a glitch you can exploit before the patch, find any elemental staff with damage greater than 20? and upgrade the elemental all the way to lvl 10... and well your weapon now should sell for at least 500k mana :)

Have fun!!

maneut
12-27-2010, 11:54 AM
Woot My huntress just upgrade a gun to 1360 fire damage lol... huntress have crazy dps... :) fun fun!

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 12:47 PM
There ya go lol. Enjoy! :) And you can always look for better guns that are faster, more projectiles, faster loading time, etc.

Prest87
12-27-2010, 06:47 PM
So easy to lvl on ogre crush, guys add my game center account Ruygrats

BolloBear
12-27-2010, 09:05 PM
add barthalobear

Prest87
12-28-2010, 12:56 PM
I could solo ogre crush at lvl 16 on hard

BolloBear
12-28-2010, 02:59 PM
what is elemental dmg? is it lighting or what?

Prest87
12-28-2010, 03:06 PM
what is elemental dmg? is it lighting or what?

It is posion, fire and lighting.

BolloBear
12-28-2010, 03:15 PM
k Thanks, and what level does it have to start at to get to 500k?

Prest87
12-28-2010, 03:17 PM
k Thanks, and what level does it have to start at to get to 500k?

I think it's 27+ element (at start)
lvl 10 weapon

Acteon
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I think it's 27+ element (at start)
lvl 10 weapon

anyone have a screen shot of this?

Lesrider
12-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Just take any weapon with 27+ (higher the better) elemental damage and put all points into that stat.

Acteon
12-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Just take any weapon with 27+ (higher the better) elemental damage and put all points into that stat.

So this means any weapon with either of the elements?

thanks

BolloBear
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Ah money cap 999k? Darn my one wep wants to sell for 28mil lol. Anyways thanks, solo ogre crush lol. I made it to level 32 in 1 day now ; )

Arterra
12-29-2010, 12:34 AM
I got so many SWORDS with Over 5mil price... CHECK THAT STUFF OUT.
all the tables in my tavern and covered with good items I have no current use for xD but are worth it.

Tomorrow I will have screenies of my updated monk and huntress, and my quest for pristine set. I shall name all 50k+ pristine godly items... The Godless set. (got a godless mask so far!)

maneut
12-29-2010, 05:50 AM
I got so many SWORDS with Over 5mil price... CHECK THAT STUFF OUT.
all the tables in my tavern and covered with good items I have no current use for xD but are worth it.

Tomorrow I will have screenies of my updated monk and huntress, and my quest for pristine set. I shall name all 50k+ pristine godly items... The Godless set. (got a godless mask so far!)

Wow.. nice.. how you get so many Godly Pristine stuff?? I only found 1 so far and I dunno where I got it from even -.-

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 08:10 AM
All my hunting and I got none. Zero. Zilch. No godly pristine :(

BeardedBear
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM
All my hunting and I got none. Zero. Zilch. No godly pristine :(

Hang in there, I told ya I have gloves and helm for you! I'm going to need some time to break from work here.

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Hang in there, I told ya I have gloves and helm for you! I'm going to need some time to break from work here.

Thanks beard :) whenever you're ready, hit me up.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. People who just started farming are getting them and I have yet to find a single piece.

Prest87
12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Where does pristine mainly drop

Arterra
12-29-2010, 02:36 PM
try 4 player insane ogre crush lol... if anything, it drops there. i say it can only be pulled off by 4 huntresses.

anywhere, look what i found
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/010273ea.jpg
i REALLY HOPE i didnt just accidently sell it...

here is my ideal ogre crush defense system:
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d6c2c938.jpg
really, nothing better. a ethereal spike and a gas trap on top of each other works wonders.

Prest87
12-29-2010, 02:40 PM
try 4 player insane ogre crush lol... if anything, it drops there. i say it can only be pulled off by 4 huntresses.

anywhere, look what i found
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/010273ea.jpg
i REALLY HOPE i didnt just accidently sell it...

here is my ideal ogre crush defense system:
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d6c2c938.jpg
really, nothing better. a ethereal spike and a gas trap on top of each other works wonders.

Ogre crush is easy on hard soloed at lvl16 with huntress but insane is a bit harder can u add me arterra.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 02:41 PM
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/d6c2c938-1.jpg

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
That's the layout I used to solo it (learned from watching Beard).
Hmm I notice your godly pristine is slightly over 70k at lvl 2. I have some lvl 10 gear over 70k, so it is quite possible that some dropped and I didn't see it in green, so missed it. I'm debating whether to wear cheaper items for ogre runs.

Prest87
12-29-2010, 02:44 PM

Same strategy as i use add me on openfeint aterrea ruygrats

Arterra
12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
That's the layout I used to solo it (learned from watching Beard).
Hmm I notice your godly pristine is slightly over 70k at lvl 2. I have some lvl 10 gear over 70k, so it is quite possible that some dropped and I didn't see it in green, so missed it. I'm debating whether to wear cheaper items for ogre runs.

i pick up everything that drops, then drop the worst stuff as I get full. that way i dont miss anything lol

also, i love messing with the camera
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/cff47377.jpg
i actually got it to stick there.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 02:52 PM

oh, note to trap users: explosive traps of any kind will set off others nearby, so find the perfect distance between some of those top traps to not have them set each other off. also, what i like about having the top right and left traps there and not further up is so that I can fix them from below, and not trust my horrible jumping skills to get me up there.

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Lol I also took some photos outside my tavern. I thought it was cool that they didn't just put black space outside *cough PL cough*

Cascade
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM
You stole my stragety arterra hah...its ok though =)

regie831
12-29-2010, 03:07 PM
so did everyone ditch PL for dungeon defenders?
uhh yeah i do admit DD is a pretty good game.

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 03:09 PM
so did everyone ditch PL for dungeon defenders?
uhh yeah i do admit DD is a pretty good game.

Seems like it.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 03:11 PM
You stole my stragety arterra hah...its ok though =)

stole? this. is. PUBLIC USEAGE!! (sparta joke harrharr)
also i am in the process of refining certain parts due to traps set off to each other, and to give heads up and stuff.

regie831
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Seems like it.

oh well I guess PL had its good times, and a good to time to move on.
But not saying any goodbyes yet, I know the devs still have something up their sleeves.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Seems like it.

i just cant play PL :( i did ONE round of victory lap today (first in 1-2 weeks) and just turned it off. the random group didnt even clear the middle.
i need a different style of play for a while. I bet I'll be back.

Arterra
12-29-2010, 11:26 PM
DD is getting dangerously repetitive... but i will get the pristine set! and a 5k+ dps huntress weapon to boot!

Lesrider
12-29-2010, 11:40 PM
DD is getting dangerously repetitive... but i will get the pristine set! and a 5k+ dps huntress weapon to boot!

Yeah I took a break today bc I think I was playing too much. It's the desperation of farming before they update it. I'm sure after the update I'll put more reasonable playtime into it. And it'll be more fun with proper multiplayer. And pets! Yay!

LIGHTNINGLORD67
12-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Every1 add me my user is Lightninglord

Arterra
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
i saw that a armor piece was yellow next to me and almost jumped. turned out it was just some enchanted plate at 47k... not part of my godless set, but will be part of my heartless set.