Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I propose a Shadow Caves group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I propose a Shadow Caves group.

For 3 reasons.

1) wearing cave armor is super-awesome, and if it isn't your thing, it's highly profitable.

2) there's XP in them thar caves!

3) Do a search for caves to join. You'll find MAYBE three. Now...go to one. How many elite players do you find, versus how many low 40s, 30s, and even 20s?

Okay, it's not as easy as Bandit Hideout or CTK up to 53. The drop rate is pretty hideous, but frankly the drop rates in BS are only marginally better. Personally I feel bad about liquidating BS stuff, but nobody's buying it, and I don't really like the stats, except maybe for a farming setup to speed things up...

honestly though. It really seems like an elite dungeon with all the darkness and ambient sounds, the shadow beasts everywhere...it's cool, man. Balefort Sewers seems filled with a lot of normal mobs who are on steroids.

So, how about setting up a force?

-50+, with good armor and equipment. No Metallic, Battleforged, Havoc, etc.
    -our playing times,
    -a good cross section of characters, like 2 mage 2 archer warrior combos or something.
    -an agreement to play Caves EVEN AFTER they get the loot they've been hunting for to make sure the group is outfitted before going to sell. Maybe going so far as to set up groups with players who each need something else.

here's my entries: I'm on PST and can be found doing something at some point during my day online.

Foofatooty, 53 Dex Mage, either in Sentinel/Shotgun or Mirage Keepers Enchantress.

Munobroby, 50 Guardian STR bear with a harpoon and a limbchopper. I don't play him much, but will field him if a tank is needed no prob.

Tengotengo, 51 STR bird with either the aforementioned Guardian set or Cyber dex armor with either gun or talon/shield combo.

I'm looking for all Shadow gear, Wing, Hax and Talon (although I'll probably just buy those sooner or later).

We would take the loot that's up for grabs and someone would stash it while we...i dunno. roll for it? I wonder if there's a random number generator script we can use or something....if 4 people are looking for a shotgun, and we find 2, we'd have to figure out a way on who gets them. Ideas welcome!

Anything that goes unclaimed goes back to the catcher to sell or do as they see fit, obviously. I also propose that we sell to each other at big discount, like 30-50% below bottom CS price, which is incentive enough to take part in it. For instance, if I get a shotgun that nobody needs, I'll sell it for 50kg to one of us, or 100kg+++ in market.

What else should happen here? a buy-in?

I'm blue-skying right now. Let's work on this!
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If you're exclusively hunting for the Lv 50 Vyxnaar helm, I'll join. Since no one currently has that helm, I'd say that would go for about a good couple of mils. Then again, the Lv 50 Vyxnaar is a rare spawn and you have to run through a highly enemy-populated cave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    If you're exclusively hunting for the Lv 50 Vyxnaar helm, I'll join. Since no one currently has that helm, I'd say that would go for about a good couple of mils. Then again, the Lv 50 Vyxnaar is a rare spawn and you have to run through a highly enemy-populated cave
    i would pay 6M for that helm.

noone in the right mind would farm that
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

How does that helm look like? Is it black and looks like viking, alot of poeple have it
    You can press /roll 0 100 to get 100thing or 0 and five its all up to you
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I was thinking about the same thing for 2 days, but didn't want to start that thread since there already was one a propos BS...

You have a point there. Furthermore, BS is just yet-another-dungeon. Nothing special.
    If you have a good party with everybody knowledgeable about the boss strategies, the latter are no problem at all.

On the other hand, Shadow rule. Even the shadow d'jinns are tougher. + the atmosphere.
    Count me in. I'm GMT-4/5 atm (till mid-march).
    52 pure dex archer. Depending on the proficiency of the mage(s), I either wear a DPS set or a def. set.

2 mages would seem optimal for Shadow.
    Last edited by adwin; 02-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm in, especially for the L50 Vyx Helm hunting. I have tried getting groups to farm there or just host a Shadow game in hopes of some good/higher levels joining, but its usually just low levels /:

Oh, and I believe the L50 Vyx guy spawns in Cave V, which isn't easy by any means, but its fun IMO.

EDIT: Happy 200 posts to me lol
    Last edited by Baked-Potato; 02-24-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: 200 posts :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

If the farming group is still up, I'll join up. Rebelhell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I am very interested in joining the Shadow grouping. I think it is the most challenging dungeon by far.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Have you guys played Shadow Caves I through V more than 5-10 times in a row? It's excruciating to go through, especially without pots. And by excruciating...it drags on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Have you guys played Shadow Caves I through V more than 5-10 times in a row? It's excruciating to go through, especially without pots. And by excruciating...it drags on.
    I haven't run through all the Caves in awhile... Every team I get usually gives up. The last Cave is bad enough let alone running all 5 in a row with multiple runs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Might as well farm that too. The 5th cave is where most of the best stuff is.

So add me. I'll add you guys.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you need a lvl 55 tank I'm in
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    sweet ill whip out my cheetah thong and iron it for tommorow
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicalbanana
    I want your body, its so nice and warm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylove
    I touched myself last night. I said no, but I knew I wanted it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been in a couple groups that usually make it through 1.5 to 2 caves, then give up for one reason or another...usually that there's one wipe. I guess if you're worried about your K/D ratio, this wouldn't be such a great venture. The runs need patience above all else. People with guns/bows should know how to kite, people who know the tricks need to share the tricks with the others. Use of metagaming is encouraged when necessary as we're goal-oriented.

The trick is to come prepared. We'll know we're going to encounter a wipe or two, we'll need to know who's gonna carry aggro and tune accordingly. If it means going 1h/shield to lower dps, by all means! It's not all that super to be, say, killing cockroach and pull aggro suddenly. Don't be stingy with the heals, and pot when necessary. I'm guilty of that last one, as I'm usually pretty poor, so potting is pretty much out. If it's a plan, I'll farm up 20k for pots and do it right.

it'll be a slog, but I'm not suggesting all-day runs. I guess...you could if you want to. I probably will, as I have a fair amount of drops in 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

metagaming?

oh btw, tengo lets merge our lists in one big thread so everyone can add each other and play with each other; theres certainly some time difference between everyone here.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was always curious about why people run out of pots all the time. I always stock at least 1000 of each pot minimum and do my runs. Is this not normal?
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did with friend the other night just cuz we were bored and want stuff to do. Cave always had a special place in my heart and it's so fun to play. True test of both individual and group skills, very satisfying.
    Lv55 bird+Lv51 bear in Cave V. cleaned all, no good drops. but kiting a prince through the map while bear 1on1 with witch is just rewarding.

I hope new elite dungeon or guild entry dungeon soon. need new challenge... besides that, 5 bird party in Bandit is fun too

"dont die is tonight's theme"
    Mits - "die like a Mits" - the original noob that hangs around fire for too long
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN
    if your party is noobing, chances are you have a mits somewhere.
    Mitsuisun Lv56 full dex bird | Mitsuimoon lv56 full int mage | Mitsuistar str/dex bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    I was always curious about why people run out of pots all the time. I always stock at least 1000 of each pot minimum and do my runs. Is this not normal?
    No, its very normal. Just that if you farm lots, you lose more pots. And pot refilling smack in the middle of runs is just not doable. And now you ask, why dont you fill it before runs? becuz runs go side by side if its hardcore farming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've managed to bank up 150 of each in my stash, as the whole 25/25 reset happens...at some point I haven't figured out yet. My hardware is a little lacking in the processing I've found, so it's less of a pot-burning situation as it is managing to preemptively pot when I think I might die and mash the button 4 or 5 times. Depending on the skill spamming, I get framerates down to probably 10/sec. Pretty awesome. I dunno how I made it this far, tell ya the truth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    metagaming?

oh btw, tengo lets merge our lists in one big thread so everyone can add each other and play with each other; theres certainly some time difference between everyone here.
    yea, sounds like a good plan. Even if all of my other roster plans fall through, at least we can get playing in there again.
    but, a small problem. 53 is too high a level to get XP in there?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes, xp is gained up until lvl53.

EDIT: Never mind, im looking exclusively for lvl50 vyxnaar and your looking at equips. No merge than.