Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Further explanation for the change in prize support for the 1v1 Mage Tournament

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

This tournie may revolutionize the rules and way they are monitored. As there are better and cooler prizes at stakes, along with peoples desires to win, it will be open to assault. Rules and strict enforcement in the future may be required. I am doing my best to report anything I see to make sure everyone has a fair chance.
    The shields given were a real nice gesture as to not blame or name call or to not necessarily point fingers. I apologize if things were not handled the best way possible. We are all trying our best. Thank you to all the participants and sincerily hope we can get more tournies going, and more frequent as well.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I just don't see how a tourney could even be held again. Because of the endless "possibilities" and the endless "possible" glitches, no tourney could be considered fair, even run by a dev. I don't see anyway that they could get past this unless they went back on the reason they reconsidered the prizes for this tourney. It is heartbreaking for the entire pvp community.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    I just don't see how a tourney could even be held again. Because of the endless "possibilities" and the endless "possible" glitches, no tourney could be considered fair, even run by a dev. I don't see anyway that they could get past this unless they went back on the reason they reconsidered the prizes for this tourney. It is heartbreaking for the entire pvp community.
    I don't see why not? What you are saying is that STS is incapable of finding these issues and getting them fixed and I believe that is disrespectful. Before jumping to conclusions (which is something many in the last tourney should understand), let's allow them to do their job. And if people can/do find a way to "cheat", they will always be found out in the end.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I don't see why not? What you are saying is that STS is incapable of finding these issues and getting them fixed and I believe that is disrespectful. Before jumping to conclusions (which is something many in the last tourney should understand), let's allow them to do their job. And if people can/do find a way to "cheat", they will always be found out in the end.
    Because there are things that you don't know why the prizes were done the way they were, it was based on a "possibility". The possibility will always exsist. I know because I was the one at the forefront of this. I think the devs understand what I am saying, and I am sure they are asking the same question. This has nothing to do with any attacks on another player. There is an issue at hand that they CAN'T verify. Period. Besides that issue, the other issue are glitches. This glitch had been known about for some time, before this and even another tourney was held. To think future glitches arent possible, is not being aware. That "possibility" along with the other "possibly" will always exsist. Thus going on the recent definition that a "possibility" warrants a tourney not being fair, then no tourney can be held in fairness.

This will be my last post on forums, unless something is truly warranted for a post. The stress these forums have brought me far outway the fun that I enjoyed in the game. To those that are supporters and friends, I hope to see you ingame.
    Last edited by Jewelsofjane; 01-13-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niamah View Post
    Excuse the bluntness, so is sharing an account allowed or not? If yes, does it apply to tourneys only, normal gameplay, or both? what are the penalties?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Regrettably, we at Spacetime know that our users will from time to time share accounts. To some extent it is human nature to share the things we have, especially with those that are close to us. We take issue with this when problems arise. You know, when that "other" person logs on and takes all your stuff and deletes your characters. It is for that reason that we do not allow trading or sharing of accounts.
    In short, no because of the problems that can arise from it. It's doubtfull STS is going to check everyone's account to see what devices were used to log in and if other accounts used those devices, but if any issues occur, like this controversy, they can and do:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    I can say that multiple members of the tournament have logins to their accounts from devices that have also logged in on other accounts
    To be safe, don't let people play your account. They can "act a fool" and if bad enough, you will get a ban, not them.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsofjane View Post
    Just let it go, it's not heartbreaking for the whole pvp community, especially the people who have nothing to do with this. Your posts are a little selfish sounding actually as you sound like you want the only prize very badly and if you don't get it your saying there shouldn't be another tourney. PL is supposed to be for fun. If you want to be this competitive go race someone or something.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post:

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

We have located the root cause of the glitch and are fast-tracking a fix. As the QA Manager for STS I humbly apologize that this bug may have interfered with an otherwise fun tournament. I feel somewhat culpable for the forum drama this caused and I hope that you all can put your differences aside and focus on the reason that we are here: to have a good time. Speculating on the morals of individual players does nothing but provoke ill-feelings from everyone involved, there's really no positive outcome from that. I extend a personal thank you to Sam, as none of this was his fault and he had to make a tough call due to it. I stand by his resolution of the matter. We're always striving to improve and we would like to revisit PvP in the future to make it a more "fair" experience. We've had some feedback threads already on this kind of revamp, and we definitely welcome your thoughts!
    Last edited by Flip; 01-13-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    QA Ninja!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    We have located the root cause of the glitch and are fast-tracking a fix. As the QA Manager for STS I humbly apologize that this bug may have interfered with an otherwise fun tournament. I feel somewhat culpable for the forum drama this caused and I hope that you all can put your differences aside and focus on the reason that we are here: to have a good time. Speculating on the morals of individual players does nothing but provoke ill-feelings from everyone involved, there's really no positive outcome from that. I extend a personal thank you to Sam, as none of this was his fault and he had to make a tough call due to it. I stand by his resolution of the matter. We're always striving to improve and we would like to revisit PvP in the future to make it a more "fair" experience. We've had some feedback threads already on this kind of revamp, and we definitely welcome your thoughts!
    Flip...

Thank you for the update and for the apology. However, the forum drama had nothing to do with you, Sam, or any other member of STS. The drama stemmed from greed, rumors, misunderstandings, and personal agendas. Nothing STS needs to apologize for.

@Eden - looks like we have that fix and I agree with Swim. Whatever agenda/issue you have with with others in game or on forums, there is no need to say the entire pvp community is unhappy and is self imploding.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

The issue has now been fixed.
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I love the shield, although I'll never get to use it on my main, maybe I'll make a twink to wear it definetly happy with the way Sam handled this, so thanks sam. Also I hope that no one keeps everything that happened in their mind a lot (eden) because if you do it'll only make you more stressed, so just let go and let life roll with the punches. Yesterday's history, Tomorrow's a mystery.
    Sincerely,
    -TrickiestFTW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

The unnecessary drama, or the glitch?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    The unnecessary drama, or the glitch?

Hopefully both!
    QA Ninja!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

That was quick!

Kuddo's on how you guys handled this whole situation

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Hopefully both!
    Unfortunately, as long as children play this game, there will alwasy be drama.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Unfortunately, as long as children play this game, there will alwasy be drama.
    Maturity not age.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Maturity not age.
    Agreed, +1. I've heard of something made called agism... and agist.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post: