Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Feedback Thread for Purchasing High and Low level Dungeon Access

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped:500912
    So far those in favor of the new elixirs have stated several reasons after reading through this whole thread:

1. Ability to play other campaigns with lower level friends. This change didn't give you that option, it's been there all along, it allows you to gain XP while playing in easier campaigns now.

2. Teaching lower levels to play by showing them the ropes. Lets be honest here, of all the reasons given, this is by far the most bogus. How many teaching sessions happen while the elixir time is being used up. Personally, I've never seen one, and for the life of me, I cant imagine why anyone else would either. Lets say you are right however, this would be a hypothetical scenario.

3. People are going in there to level up, if they only wanted to go in there for fun, that's always been available.

4. Ability to get to 65 (or 66!) running in vyx's lair or elsewhere to then try for the premium pinks at the highest dungeon.

5. Ok, this is what it boils down to IMO.
    Should a person have their kills count while in a lower level? No, and so far I've not found anyone, and certainly not any group of ppl who think it should

6. Should you be able to gain xp in lower levels? I don't think so for this reason. Should Barry Bonds or Alex Rodriguez be allowed to drop down to AA baseball, but have that season count in MLB
    Hey Duped! This is a great post. You stated SOME, only a few of the reasons the new elixrs are excellent.

1. Yes, you are right. Its always been possible for high-level players to enter low-level maps and play with their friends. The only thing these new elixrs are doing in this area is allowing xp gain.

But, see that is the best part of this. People can have fun playing this game and leveling up in any map they want to. With friends or solo. Why does anyone have a problem with someone else getting xp in lower level map.

Why is it a problem for some level 53 to xp in Wyldwood vs. the sewers?

If that 53 is enjoying himself more in Wyldwood than he would if he was forced, FORCED, to be in the sewers. Where is the harm in that?

More people are having more fun = more people logging on to and playing the game = that is a very, very good thing.

Before the new elixrs, if you were 53 and wanted to get to 56 you were forced to go through the sewers. That doesn'e even make any sense. Why can't someone play in the maps they like and avoid the maps they don't like.

If people are having more fun they will play more often and for more minutes than if they are not having fun.

Why is anyone actually saying, well,

"I don't really care if you are having fun, you should play the game the way I was forced to" or

"you should play the game the way that I approve of"?

Why does anyone want to control the way someone else is playing their game. Let people fine tune their gaming experience so that they can get the most fun and enjoyment out of it.

2. Omg, this hypothetical scenario you typed out was amazing. I didn't repeat it, cuz no reason to. But that is exactly the kind of training that should happen. That is EXACTLY the sort of thing when I talk about training gigs and power leveling. The way you typed that was amazing. I know you were trying to be funny. But it was spot on! If a cub as you put it, just wasn't able to get beckon and stomp, yeah take him in there and actually show him.

Obviously, have him read at least a couple of guides first, and any video available. But if he still was having hard time, actually go in and show him, YES!!

Don't you think that is better than this retarded flaming and trashing of people on the forum.

You imply that this would be a costly way to spend time. Well, yes, again, this kind of training would be done among friends and guildies or maybe the occasional random person you wanted to help. But, getting a bit of xp while doing this is wonderful. Looking back, I would have loved getting bit of xp while doing the, literally, hundreds of hours I have spent power leveling.

Once again, I am just floored at how brilliant elixrs are.

3. Yes, people will use these elixrs and go into lower levels to level up and not JUST farm or have fun. But as I stated above, so what? There is no harm in this at all. In fact, it helps the game.

4. Again, this is a great thing. If someone leveled to cap in various maps instead of being spoon-fed content by the devs and then went to other maps to farm pinks there, who cares? Who cares where someone else became level 66 and are now farming pinks in Fang?

5. Actually, I agree. Every post I have made in this thread I kept forgetting to add, that the whole kill count thing I wish they would nerfed out of the new elixrs. I agree with those that are saying the lb are tainted, probably so bad that nothing can be done about it, but why add insult to injury (vs. rubbing salt in the wound, hehe). I hope the devs do change this.

6. Yes, absolutely. But reasons mainly alreaady stated above. The mlb analoogy, not working cuz there is no competition tween players in this game except pvp and lb. We aren't competing with each other over issues of xp.

Like I've said before, I hope these new elixrs work out well for everyone.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 12-03-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher