Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS, we need FEEDBACK on our IDEAS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Arrow STS, we need FEEDBACK on our IDEAS

Hi devs!

The more i read forums (suggestions especially) the more often i come across posts like 'yeah, i've been suggesting this but it got lost past page 3' or 'yes, it was suggested already but we didn't got the answer'

You know what? This is just sad.

It's you, Sam, Flip, JustG who tell us 'dear fans, we love u and u mean so much for us' (like in a post about Best MMO Ever) and it's you who made this major 'Suggestions and Feedback' forum part for us to share our insights on the game. And we do share them. But do you really care? I hardly noticed...

Working in digital/social media for 7 years i can tell you the surprising fact:

The social media relations is not about posting on forums links of new shield pic in Facebook album so you can raise number of your fb page fans. It's about dialogue. We even have new branch of marketing called 'Dialogue Marketing'. It's about engaging the conversation with consumers and, even more importantly, keeping it going!

You do so in the 'Bugs' section of forums - sure, bugs are important, but suggestions' importance is hardly less..

Paying attention to what we say and replying to us can help you with understanding what way to develop not only SL, but all yo future games as well. And for us it's a sign you really care plus inspiration to generate more ideas (also making community more solid and game-concentrated)

And if we recieve any feedback, we could get the vectors of your thoughts on developement and together make a real framework out of this forum engine

But enough theory. Practice is even easier than you might think

It takes just one day a week and one guy who's doing it

Here r two ways how it could be done:

1) this 'social media guy' collects all the ideas and present them weekly at the 1-1,5 hour meeting with devs. Each suggestion is beind briefly discussed and evaluated. After this meeting the very same guy goes to forums and tells us your decisions (with short explanations)

2) the 'social media guy' reads forums every day and, if he works in the STS office, he just comes over and asks: 'Hey, Flip, there's a dude suggesting we make a 10x10 pvp maps for clan wars. Interested in details? What do u think?'. He's getting reply and posts it

As for me, first way is more systematic, thus more professional, but u can start with any.. we just really need yo feedback

You are not making physical objects - you work with information, data, energy (in a widest reading of the term). You are not P&G who got all sorts of social media regulations and rules. You really CAN do it!

Please mind, that you get us as free working-brain-force instead of paying for professionals who braistorm for money! Dudes, i got huge salary just to motivate me to braistorm for P&G, Nestle, LandRover and the rest of transcontinental corps but here i spend my time and generate ideas free - out of love for the game!! And i'm not alone - lots of ppl with wider and deeper experience in MMOs who dig the topic are here. Use us, yo, we don't mind! We want it actually...

With all due respect, your dedicated fan, FBF

May the Force b with you

P.S.

Check the MimeRifle's post about the easy way to organize this part of the forum. No coding needed
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 01-29-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post: