Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Fact of the matter is that you should have participated no matter the prize. I was expecting a banner or some ank package but I and many others still ran it for other reasons. The vanities were a shock and quite frankly, I'm glad they announced it half way as it separates the people who run these regularly, from those who would only do for items. The prizes alone along with helping guildies in elite should have been incentive enough.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 02-20-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    i think STS should change the special prize for a mythic egg, and keep that vanitys to next gauntlet OFFICIAL content
    I think you talk too much...never realy saw a constructive post made by you and now you are trying to interfere with an event you were not interested from the begining?

You made your points (not so good imo) and we made ours, so please just shut up and go away....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    This is not a tournament and even with the PVP 13-15 twink 1v1 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...post1836155STS gave platinum to the winners. They did not announce the player run tournament or that there would be a plat prize(correct me if I am wrong but I do not recall seeing any official announcement).

No one complained about it. So what's the difference here? That pvp guild are mad they didn't check the contest section? Is it because of what the prize is? I am baffled by the complaints. This is not the first time and hopefully not the last (which it may well be) time that sts will do something for player driven contests. To my knowledge they have never announced when they are contributing to a player sponsored contest.
    Yes, but there is a lot difference from platinum regard than a EXCLUSIVE vanity
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

i think STS should change the special prize for a mythic egg, and keep that vanitys to next gauntlet OFFICIAL content
    Just lol hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That ruins the point though - it's like forebearer vanity being trade-able. This vanity, while I do not have one, should only be to show: "Hey look guys, I participated in the Tour of Arlor contest".

However, one thing I do agree on is that if there were exclusive STG prizes being given out, it should've been announced in-game or via a STG moderator. I personally did not know until after the vanity prize was announced. I was under the impression that STG said no to the exclusive prizes. However, like with everything, there are missed opportunities and people need to learn to accept that it was a missed opportunity. Going forward, I would like to see that contests with exclusive prizes are given some sort of announcement from an STG employee.
    Oh really? When was the Arlor Challenge challenge? Who knows. I am not visiting contest part because I don't want to recieve prizes from other players, let other people do it. I don't need that. ... but if STS is giving away exclusives and unique stuff for the contest.. why don't they inform everybody!!! Why is there is noting about it in the 2015-01-30 news feed??? Forum contest? OK! but why not inviting everyody to participate by joining forums?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

There is people who rarely check the forums, maybe they would have participated if they knew about the contest or the prizes.

Announcing they will give away these vanities should have been announced publicly. That is the right thing to do.

I don't get why people who got these vanities feel the need to defend sts in this matter. Nobody is trying to take away your vanities but we just want to know why was this action taken without letting everyone know, including in game announcement for those who don't regularily check the forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    I think you talk too much...never realy saw a constructive post made by you and now you are trying to interfere with an event you were not interested from the begining?

You made your points (not so good imo) and we made ours, so please just shut up and go away....
    why i need to shut up cuz u say me? I moved from that contest cuz i don't need to compete for gold or eggs, and give more chances to win something to non-wealthy players, But i was gonna participe if it was a banner or exclusive vanity to remember the contest.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  45.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

why i need to shut up cuz u say me? I moved from that contest cuz i don't need to compete for gold or eggs, and give more chances to win something to non-wealthy players, But i was gonna participe if it was a banner or exclusive vanity to remember the contest.

So, you are saying that you would only participate out of greedy and not to help your guild and maybe even have fun with some of your frieds? There are some pretty fun maps to ran there if you are a PVE player....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Everyone was given the fair chance. My guildies ran the gauntlet earned themselves a banner and they have still ran every contest map. It was stated there'll be a secret prize but I guess you were to lazy to run for an hour to find out what and you assumed it was just some platinum. Im sure you knew about the conest from day 1 so its your own fault. And everyone currently raging and complaining must have been like this:
    *clicks on contest thread*
    "Oooo new contest, secret sts prize huh? Probly some plat. I cant be bothered competing for a grimm egg and the prize is probly some plat i got enough."
    *finds out secret prize*
    "WHAAAAA HELL NAW YOU CANT DO THAT"
    Last edited by Titanfall; 02-20-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Uev, that's not how we roll. I can see where he's coming from and I feel for him, but truth is the info was out there, available to anyone at anytime, so if they didn't put stock in the contest regardless of what was being offered as prizes then it's on them. That's all there is to it.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    This is not a tournament and even with the PVP 13-15 twink 1v1 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...post1836155STS gave platinum to the winners. They did not announce the player run tournament or that there would be a plat prize(correct me if I am wrong but I do not recall seeing any official announcement).

No one complained about it. So what's the difference here? That pvp guild are mad they didn't check the contest section? Is it because of what the prize is? I am baffled by the complaints. This is not the first time and hopefully not the last (which it may well be) time that sts will do something for player driven contests. To my knowledge they have never announced when they are contributing to a player sponsored contest.
    Platinum is not an exclusive reward. It can be purchased provided that said player has the money. That's the difference.

Again, I am not complaining to change anything regarding Tour of Arlor contest rewards. I am asking STG to announce exclusive STG rewards where a player does not need to subscribe to another player's posts just to see that there are exclusive prizes. Where am I disrespecting the Tour of Arlor contest or requesting that people should be given a second chance? I thoroughly believe people should not be given a second chance and I am okay with not having the vanity (I believe others need to accept this fact as well). All I am asking for is a change in the future when there are exclusive STG prizes.

Is that too much to ask? I do not see why we need to quarrel on this. I'm not asking for people to have a second chance on these vanities. I am not disrespecting the contest in itself. I'm asking for something else entirely.

@Apple
    It was a thank you from STG for taking the time to teach new players even if there was not a guaranteed prize. All the video guides were organized and quality entries. If there was a prize announced for all participants prior to the contest, it would result in a lot of shoddy quality video guide entries.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

If I hear "secret prize" I already know enough, I was quite sure it would be smthn cool. So I decided to start running knowing I wouldn't make any gold and only spend gold on pots in the hope that this prize would be as cool as I thought it would be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Notice that Elite Tinidirin is very hard, and must be completed by a very strong team.

I don't have Mythics. I have low chances of being accepted in a team of strong players.

Those vanities will not be given to every participant, but only for the strong ones and the lucky noobs (Like me) who got accepted in a strong friendly team (but I have no team)... and they don't even have to fight against eachother to get it... just do the job and get back to their normal life. If it was an LB event, I understand, but this is for ALL but not for ALL.

Anyways, what's done is done. Enjoy your 190th new exclusive limited unique vanity...

This thread is simply telling STS to not get involved in player contests anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

So, you are saying that you would only participate out of greedy and not to help your guild and maybe even have fun with some of your frieds? There are some pretty fun maps to ran there if you are a PVE player....
    I help my guildies when they need, thats why we have a guild chat, no need a contest to do that and u can have fun too.

Contest is supposed to grant the new or broke members of ur guild a change to earn some goodies and gold due to improve the APS, kills, etc...

Its a win-win because who organize normally is the master or/and officers and the purpouse is have fun and bump a little ur rank in guild rank, and the members who participe a chance to earn some gold or/and items.

But not a exclusive vanity untradeable.
    Last edited by Enterradora; 02-20-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Sad thing is conversations like this will only end in STS not supporting player contests in the future...
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Platinum is not an exclusive reward. It can be purchased provided that said player has the money. That's the difference.

Again, I am not complaining to change anything regarding Tour of Arlor contest rewards. I am asking STG to announce exclusive STG rewards where a player does not need to subscribe to another player's posts just to see that there are exclusive prizes. Where am I disrespecting the Tour of Arlor contest or requesting that people should be given a second chance? I thoroughly believe people should not be given a second chance and I am okay with not having the vanity (I believe others need to accept this fact as well). All I am asking for is a change in the future when there are exclusive STG prizes.

Is that too much to ask? I do not see why we need to quarrel on this. I'm not asking for people to have a second chance on these vanities. I am not disrespecting the contest in itself. I'm asking for something else entirely.

@Apple
    It was a thank you from STG for taking the time to teach new players even if there was not a guaranteed prize. All the video guides were organized and quality entries. If there was a prize announced for all participants prior to the contest, it would result in a lot of shoddy quality video guide entries.
    Yes but back then I was considering of joining the contest but just simply couldn't, I also was dissapointed about not being able to join in the contest and even more dissapointed when noticing that I could've gotten a vanity (liked the design).

It still didn't pop up in my mind to start complaining about these things, I would've loved getting one of those vanities but I wasn't gonna rage over it, a vanity isn't a game changer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    Notice that Elite Tinidirin is very hard, and must be completed by a very strong team.

I don't have Mythics. I have low chances of being accepted in a team of strong players.

Those vanities will not be given to every participant, but only for the strong ones and the lucky noobs (Like me) who got accepted in a strong friendly team (but I have no team)... and they don't even have to fight against eachother to get it... just do the job and get back to their normal life. If it was an LB event, I understand, but this is for ALL but not for ALL.

Anyways, what's done is done. Enjoy your 190th new exclusive limited unique vanity...

This thread is simply telling STS to not get involved in player contests anymore.
    They should get in player contests - it's a sign of a healthy community. However, in the future (think this is the 5th time I've said this), exclusive STG prizes should be announced by a STG employee so complaints like this cannot happen.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post

Now that's a lame excuse, I'm a full legendary warrior.
    I do not own a single exclusive item (except if you count the 31 cap banner rofl) untill now I have completed every week, the only reason why it's difficult for me finding a party is because I'm a tank which nobody seems to want nowadays.

And no Tindirin most certainly isn't hard, to put it on scale it would for me be nordr>shuyal>planar tombs>tindirin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

They should get in player contests - it's a sign of a healthy community. However, in the future (think this is the 5th time I've said this), exclusive STG prizes should be announced by a STG employee so complaints like this cannot happen.
    Agreed, it's a sign of healthy community, and yea we're saying same bout exclusives