Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Rengol Mobs difficulty is not reverted back?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I took a look into this, and from what I found there has been no other adjustments to the enemies in these zones that I can see after the fix that went out 10/15/15.
    I'm not sure what you may be experiencing, but more details are certainly welcome!
    Elite grunt orc uses wind up so often (even no cd) 4 grunt wind up = 9k hp 3k armor warrior dead,
    Before "accident buff" orc grunt uses wind up not so often.
    Orc gladiator wind up can 1 hit rog with 1.9-2k armor and 5k hp in 3plyr condition pt, before "accident buff" it never happen.
    Orc engineer throw bombs more often.
    With dmg increases so much about 100+ dmg and skill dmg too (glinstone bow), my rog has the same killing speed with elon bow.
    Orc shaman stun more often too, no antistun pet/skill = permanent stun.
    Orc brute still uses wind up with no cd...all time wind up lol.
    Orc engineer wind up can kill 5.2k hp and 2.1k armor rog in one hit (6k crit) in 4 plyrs condition pt, (dmg increases so much), let alone how paper 4k hp rog with glinstone set lol.
    Thats my report. Im playin this map everyday before and after "accidental buff", nor solo or party.
    Edit : one more : before accidental buff nekro shield never breaks! , now try solo and kill the groups with 1shaman and 4 grunts, when the grunts use wind up ur nekro shield is like scorch shield ! Gone in 2sec lol
    Last edited by debitmandiri; 11-04-2015 at 02:57 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Dont forget elite tindirin and p.tombs too....
    As example :

This is with +120 dmg from glinstone bow + OP proc from bombs, same pet + effigy

And,
    Before 13th oct accidental buff

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Hello Dear Sts,
    I have only tested Ren'gol elite and elite Tindirin and they both are extremely and sadly again secretly buffed!?! A solo run in elite wilds used to take me between 4:45-5:05 mins!
    That was with 41 mythic bow and no OP proc...

See the difference ?

This is serious prob sts, we have to increase our gear standards but with the same reward....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Dont forget elite tindirin and p.tombs too....
    As example :

This is with +120 dmg from glinstone bow + OP proc from bombs, same pet + effigy

And,
    Before 13th oct accidental buff

That was with 41 mythic bow and no OP proc...

See the difference ?

This is serious prob sts, we have to increase our gear standards but with the same reward....
    I hadn't tested elite wilds until I saw this post here. I had my suspicions that both fixes would have been reverted and it seems true. Just did 3 runs. My damage with the new bow is about 100 more than before (with damage lix) plus I am using the effigy buff (which I know probably doesn't make that much difference when u have 50% crit before aimed stacks). Anyway my fastest run was 5:22 and y slowest 5:47 (2 deaths in this one). Although my damage is increased considerably with the new weapon my runs are considerably slower?!? I think this tells us a ton. The reality of the situation now is: higher difficulty without new rewards and our progression (with the new weapons) being practically nullified if not worse.

I am inclined to believe that sts reverted the fix unintentionally, but there must be a way to keep things fixed after they get fixed... We really should not have to go around maps and test old content and our characters' skills to see if the update broke something. I really hope that there is a way to make updates stop being a hazard to the game.

Tyvm for your consideration and for trying your best to fix this. Hopefully we will see a fix tomorrow.

P.S. We still don't know what happened to the planar tombs. Can you please give us a straight answer to that as well? Tyvm in advance!
    Last edited by Jazzi; 11-04-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

""Orc engineer throw bombs more often""

This is really watchable difference before and after fix and back revert again somewhere..my full health 5.4k HP 1630 armor gone down in single bomb..
    Also orc engineer arrow thrower not getting stun or freezes with charged ice or fireball sometimes..which used tobe other way on charged skills..

A wolf in tombs elite can kill u in one shot for same 5.4k hp
    Last edited by Bluesparky; 11-04-2015 at 11:31 AM.

IGN : Bluesparky

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

This gives us something else to look at, thank you all! Hopefully we can find something that lines up with these findings.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

This gives us something else to look at, thank you all! Hopefully we can find something that lines up with these findings.
    Just throwing this out there as an idea...

Version control.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So there was a lot of discussion about scaling bosses during the Halloween event.

Are the maps now being scaled based on player stats. Does the stats of the players come into play?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    Orc engineer wind up can kill 5.2k hp and 2.1k armor rog in one hit (6k crit) in 4 plyrs condition pt, (dmg increases so much), let alone how paper 4k hp rog with glinstone lol
    Oh yeah...

Solo condition no crit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

thank you for looking it again, but i'll refine my report, so after looking from several post by several players in this forum, and having discussion with my friends, we agree that the chronology will be like this:

1. early 10/13/15 client update, elite tindirin and rengol mobs difficulty accidentally buffed
    2. late 10/13/15 hotfix, elite tindirin and rengol mobs difficulty 'returned'

but in actual it has never been returned to the difficulty pre-13th, the mobs difficulty is definitely reduced, but it has never been the same with the pre-13 difficulty

there are some reports after the hotfix from several forumers here:

Quote Originally Posted by Gracepreacher View Post
    Elite king still not fixed! Getting one hit over and over. Other maps seem back like they were, but not elite rengol. I give up...
    Quote Originally Posted by demoncrate View Post
    The Tindrin mobs aren't back to normal.
    Don't kid us around please.

First they are changed to become harder without saying, now they became "normal" according to you, and it still takes 9-10 minutes to run
    Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Neither Rengol nor Tindirin elite mobs are back to normal/pre new client mobs' stats.
    if it is really intended, i will speak nothing more, ahaha, but to be fair, you need to reset lb time for that maps (elite tindirin, and elite planar tombs)
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparky View Post
    ""Orc engineer throw bombs more often"
    I'm with nekro shield still died full health in one bomb

IGN : Bluesparky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

difficulty n lag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

one more thing i'd like you to reconsider/assess is how you scale up mobs to number of party members,

not only in this map, but the difficulty increase when adding the 4th member is bigger than when adding a 3rd member

and anyway PUG/randoms is dead in these maps, thanks to the difficulty

and so does in normal maps, compared to last season where first map is always filled with randoms as an alternative map to level up, do dailies, and farm teeths, this day i ended up killing the boss solo twice for dailies, even though i was in open map where randoms could join
    Last edited by extrapayah; 11-10-2015 at 12:49 AM.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Further looking into this I cannot see any change in the files related to the observations mentioned. Engineer bombs, his windup up power sot, the gladiators windup, etc. Naturally we do use version control, and this is where I can see none of these have been modified since before the launch of the Ren'gol content.

There is a possibility something in the recent client was responsible, modifying numbers behind the scenes, however nothing data related corroborates specifics in this thread.

Adding more players does increase the difficulty, perhaps too much however. That would be a separate scale to look at and would be universal. In general however the difficulty feels substantially harder because their effective level against you and your party is now +2 or 3 levels. This will increase their damage output while reducing yours to compensate for the amount of damage output that can now be dished out from more players and pets. Could be something to look at in the future, but for the time being that system has not been modified since launch and generally hasn't been an issue thus far. New itemization and item power curve may exacerbate the level difference creating a feeling of unfairness and that certainly has merit.

Thanks for the feedback and data in this thread, I'll follow up with programming to see if something sneaky got in that is responsible for the jump in numbers. If not, a potential nerf of specific kill shot abilities may be in order.

Thanks again!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thx STS.. please return to normal
    i cant wait ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Further looking into this I cannot see any change in the files related to the observations mentioned. Engineer bombs, his windup up power sot, the gladiators windup, etc. Naturally we do use version control, and this is where I can see none of these have been modified since before the launch of the Ren'gol content.

There is a possibility something in the recent client was responsible, modifying numbers behind the scenes, however nothing data related corroborates specifics in this thread.

Adding more players does increase the difficulty, perhaps too much however. That would be a separate scale to look at and would be universal. In general however the difficulty feels substantially harder because their effective level against you and your party is now +2 or 3 levels. This will increase their damage output while reducing yours to compensate for the amount of damage output that can now be dished out from more players and pets. Could be something to look at in the future, but for the time being that system has not been modified since launch and generally hasn't been an issue thus far. New itemization and item power curve may exacerbate the level difference creating a feeling of unfairness and that certainly has merit.

Thanks for the feedback and data in this thread, I'll follow up with programming to see if something sneaky got in that is responsible for the jump in numbers. If not, a potential nerf of specific kill shot abilities may be in order.

Thanks again!
    Thank you for giving us detailed and comprehensible information ( not like in the planar tombs thread 'not scaled but padded out'). Please check mobs' general damage output, gladiator skill and range, dex mob suicide, auto-attack, healer stun rate. And please have a look at the spawn point in Misty Grotto, it happens quite often that the first two mobs attack immediately after spawning and when trying to kite we have that "do you want to return to Garetta village?" check box in the middle of the screen.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

thank you for considering to nerf the 1hkoes, but honestly these absurd damage make tank with aegis + nekro relevant again as a damage absorber class, (i think the standard still too high though)

but please don't forget these mobs also grow stronger in health/armor (refer to the time set by debitmandiri and jazzi in elite wilds, i'm pretty sure 1 minute difference is not because some variance aspect from average time) and that's with new weapon that give you around 100 more damage...

thank you again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I also suggest you lower the damage of Pakuna's lava pit in elite mode.

I have 9.2k health, 2700 armor and still die in less than 2 seconds when I'm standing on it. Literally takes close to 6,000 health as soon as it spawns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter16 View Post
    I also suggest you lower the damage of Pakuna's lava pit in elite mode.

I have 9.2k health, 2700 armor and still die in less than 2 seconds when I'm standing on it. Literally takes close to 6,000 health as soon as it spawns.
    that is actually a curse, you shouldn't attack anyone if you ever stand on top of the magma until the curse removed from you

anyway continuing discussion about number of party scaling, a bit out of topic from the original post, currently, many, if not all, dps classes are living just in the thin line between survive or not. meaning adding members can make certain attacks that usually almost 1hko a dps (but possible to survive, thanks to potion) become, 1hkoes (certain death) which greatly makes the difference in number of deaths, while the increased health of these mobs when adding a member can't be covered by most tanks, so in the and, making addition of a tank naturally create more deaths AND make runs slower. ideally we want the opposite when adding member, less death, and faster. this system will eventually create exclusivity, a barrier to tank, even at endgame pve, and also exclusivity to newbies, which not only becoming dead weights, but also causing trouble because adding the enemies strength (ofc, this exclusivity also helps deciding actual rarity of a loot, one of the deciding factor of market price). ideally this exclusivity should separate a skillful player vs non skillful. in my observation, in previous AL environment, it was geared vs non geared, and lucky vs unlucky. these kinds of barrier/separation also have their own drawbacks and advantages

there are many causes of this:
    1. gears and pet that enable dps classes to live in this thin line, or even above
    2. availability of spamming pots and ankhs, making it easier to live In this thin line, and ankhs which can work as potions to 1hkoes.
    3. also indirect cause like a map that is way too slow to run, lacking fluidity, costfull, big difference in ineffectiveness of other class when fighting mobs or boss, no incentive to kill bosses, etc etc

i hope you also take this into consideration, but also don't take them all as it is, because a lot of people will hate not having items close to arcane ring/pendant anymore, or having longer cooldown, no more ankhs, WHILE you set a difficulty where those things are still needed

thank you
    Last edited by extrapayah; 11-09-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Thanks again!
    Thank you for you answer. I do understand that you might not have been able to find the bug/change causing this scaling of the difficulty in elite Ren'gol and Tindirin. However the runs in all other maps not affected by this are consistently, considerably and reliably faster with the new weapons then they were before

On the other hand elite tindirin and Ren'gold are slower and much harder than before. Could you please take a look again? Thank you very much in advance.

P.S. Also please do consider the health mages and rogues have with the new lvl 46 mythic set (about 4000 with mythic belt and mythic weapon lvl 46). With 4000 health even normal mobs 1 hit in elite Ren'gol. This is with the so called "best" gear this season. How are we supposed to run elite like that?
    Last edited by Jazzi; 11-09-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: add P.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Thank you for you answer. I do understand that you might not have been able to find the bug/change causing this scaling of the difficulty in elite Ren'gol and Tindirin. However the runs in all other maps not affected by this are consistently, considerably and reliably faster with the new weapons then they were before
    On the other hand elite tindirin and Ren'gold are slower and much harder than before. Could you please take a look again? Thank you very much in advance.
    P.S. Also please do consider the health mages and rogues have with the new lvl 46 mythic set (about 4000 with mythic belt and mythic weapon lvl 46). With 4000 health even normal mobs 1 hit in elite Ren'gol. This is with the so called "best" gear this season. How are we supposed to run elite like that?
    Last time i played, elite grunt's wind up hit me with 5.5k crit with effigy buff, 4 plyrs in the map, like extra has mentioned before, something not right with number of plyrs scaling map too, so basicaly it's easier to duo or trio for minimalize 1 hit ko from every mobs